Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #11
Tink888
Wishing I Was At World Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinLucifer View Post
Just because someone is infertile hardly means they are able to deal with the special challenges that accompany adopting older children in foster care, many of whom have been abused or have severe special needs. Most fertile people aren't. I know I wouldn't be able or even want to do it, so I'd be a hypocrite to expect differently from someone just because they are infertile.
I agree and never said or implied that they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
Without derailing this thread, it is perfectly normal to want a baby and not a tween or teen when it's your first go at parenting. The most normal and understandable thing in the world......

Some of us have had dealings with the foster care system in our states and want no part of it. Not because of the kids, but because of what the system does to them and how it works. If the states in question would free up foster care children for adoption at a reasonable pace and not keep them in foster care for 10+ years before making them available for adoption, it would make all the difference in the world.

I encourage you or anyone else to adopt an older, waiting child. You should probably look into it. As for me, I wanted a baby less than one year old.
And again I never said an adoptive parent was wrong to want a baby. But there are children who wait, we can all agree on that.

What I did say, was that all of us having different reasons for wanting/doing different things. Just because they are different does not make them wrong.

You were quick to judge the woman the OP mentioned, blasting her ability to be a parent, when really you have no idea what kind of person she is other than vain. I know women who've given birth who are vain and women who've adopted who are vain. They are not bad parents. Who are we to judge her because she doesn't want to go through a pregnancy?

Last edited by Tink888; 02-12-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Tink888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: