Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #781
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I'm with everyone else. With or without the hat, your firework pictures are just incredible! The colors of the fireworks and castle are spectacular!

I do love the freedom that digital photography provides over film (although I was dragged kicking and screaming to digital). You can snap away and ask questions later, only limited by battery life and SD card space.

Hope your mom is feeling better. Back pain is a pain in the butt! Sending healing thoughts her way.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #782
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Thanks for the welcome Cynthia! I'm glad I finally found your TR! Enjoying reading along so far.......lots of fun going on!

Wow Pat, you find a lot of TRs to hang out! And no, I'm not stalking you!!!

Good to see you adding to this TR also! Some really good pictures and it looks like you ladies were having a great time. :
All three of us had a great time! It was actually a surprise to Cynthia and I how much we got to hang out with Pat. If she hadn't left we she did (stupid work) we would have definitely been a threesome through the whole trip!

Quote:

Thanks Mary Ellen! It looks like hanging out here is going to be a lot of fun! :
Glad you are enjoying the trip so far. I have to say it really was one of my best trips ever because everything just felt so spontaneous. I loved that!

Quote:

Love the latest updates, and you had some wonderful castle and fireworks pictures! I agree that the colors in the one are very interesting! I don't think I would have even noticed your hat fetish if you hadn't mentioned it. :
Well, obviously I didn't notice that hat at the time I was taking the pictures or I know I would have moved somewhere, anywhere....... Glad you like the pix. I am sure that Cynthia and Pat both have some good ones to add. I know Cynthia got some spectacular ones on her phone.

Quote:

And you did a great job on some of the "dark" pictures in the HM. Even moving and low light you managed to get some very clear pictures!
Just you wait - my all time best EVER HM picture was taken on my last night. So you have a little waiting to do!

[QUOTE=Moira222;47458137]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Say Hello to April, May, and June………….

You ladies look awesome in your duck costumes.
What a great idea Cynthia!!!
It was definitely a fun idea. I could never think of anything to top that. Plus it was an easy costume to wear. It wasn't super hot or annoying. OK - well, maybe the wig was a little annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
and this couple below do have rocking costumes!!

That is some serious creativity going on there. I love those costumes. Just awesome!

Quote:
you all got such amazing photos! Cynthia hands down the headless horseman came out great~
Isn't it cool how the headless horseman really looks like a ghost. Perfect. Mine just looks like a coal man!

Quote:
the people in the windows are freaky!!! do you think they were props or real people? I remember that there is a lounge suite above some of the shops on Main St for Walt and his family/friends. I don't remember over which stores though. interesting.
I think they are props and I think they move. But I really don't remember seeing them the first time we went during a Halloween party. That's what is cool to me. Either I never noticed them with everything else going on or they are actually new additions.

Quote:
LOVELOVE these pictures! Has me so excited to see the Halloween party next fall!!
I didn't know you had a fall trip planned. When are you going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh my goodness, that hat would have driven me crazy too! I mean I know it's a halloween party but people should know that in situations like this, your costume won't be ruined if you take off your hat for a few minutes. Geeeeeeze.

Still, your fireworks/castle photos were great!
It really wasn't a high profile hat, but for some reason it showed up in a lot of my pictures. Enough to really annoy me. But I swear I barely noticed it at the time. Glad you like the pix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
The lady in front of the Haunted Mansion, does she have like a script? Or does she just talk to people as they pass? She looks like she'd be funny.
I think its part script and part ad lib. I love that lady. I wish they had her there everynight. I guess that would be too much to ask, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm glad you got good pictures of the KISS guys, they were a riot! I don't even remember that hat being there, maybe I'll see it when I do my update too
The KISS costumes were great - even more amazing when I look at the pictures at the level of detail. Almost on the line for a Disney party, but still super cool.

I think you and Pat were too my right, so I'm hopin you guys avoided the hat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I was SO bummed they didn't have the meat waffle sandwiches at dinner time, that seems a miss on their part but I did love my Taco Salad. I just remember being starving by then!
We were all starving. And, if I'm not mistaken, I think they did offer some type of sandwich up till 5pm, but we were really late for that. Thank goodness for Pecos Bill!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Witch hat nor not, your fireworks and castle pictures are fantastic!
Thanks Misskitty! So glad you liked the pictures. I really shouldn't complain about the hat because I think we got a stellar viewing spot overall!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #783
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your Mom Mary Ellen! Thoughts and prayers that she will heal quickly!
Thank you! She really missed up her back. She's in a lot of pain and she's stubborn so she won't do want the doctor tells her to do. So frustrating. Thank you for your concern!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Mary Ellen, I hope your mom feels better soon!
Thanks so much! She is still really in a lot of pain. Took her to the doctor's yesterday and now she is going to stay with my brother until she can get more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am in awe of your castle pics! I think that both the parade and fireworks at the MNSSHP are my favorites of any park parade or display and your pictures of hallowishes are awesome!

I totally agree. I absolutely LOVE the parade and the fireworks. They are awesome. So glad you like the pictures! Thanks for the compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Fantastic MNSSHP pictures! Gets me even more excited about starting the new October report and getting to relive our party again, too. No October trip for us this year. We're trading it (time/money) for December. Back to October again next year. I think our plan is to do an October, October, and December every third year pattern.
Thanks! And by all means - start that October TR! I love reliving the party. I actually don't remember all the pictures I take until I repost them. It's so fun to see them again! I think that's an awesome pattern - really perfect. I think you are on to something!

Quote:
That was great the way the Headless Horseman pictures came out. We didn't get to see him this year, because the horse had fallen earlier in the evening. He and the rider were fine, though, so we were relieved to hear that!
I heard about the horse falling and I'm actually surprised that doesn't happen more. It looks dangerous. Cynthia did a great job capturing the ghost of the headless horseman!

Quote:
Hope your mom heals quickly!
Thanks! She's really struggling right now and if she doesn't improve I think she's definitely going to need an MRI!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #784
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Yikes! Hope your mom recovers soon Mary Ellen! Back/neck injuries are not something to take lightly.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #785
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
When I saw the title, I really thought it was going to be the pink hat from EPCOT again... I'm sorry it wasn't the case. What a witch...
If it had been that pink hat again I would have really been losing it!

Quote:
They really are some awesome pictures. Even despite the hat. Just think if you'd taken that many pictures before digital cameras. You'd have to be pretty quick at reloading film in the camera.
I can't even imagine taking a fraction of that many photos pre digital. I never even liked to take pictures back than because I always felt like every picture that didn't turn out was a waste of money. And 36 shots per roll? What? I can tak that many pictures in about 10 minutes. Glad you like the photos!

Quote:
Let's just say I used a few choice words while editing those photos.

Quote:
Um... is that Tinkerbell with KISS????

Awesome costumes!
Why, yes, I do believe that was tinkerbell hanging out with KISS. I guess that was their attempt to make their costumes more Disney friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Mary Ellen, I hope your mom is doing much better today!
Thanks so much Karin. She is still hurting pretty bad and in spasm but is so reluctant to take medication or even to try heat or BenGay. So frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Sorry to hear about your Mom
Thanks Rosie. It's tough for her to be that uncomfortable because she is my dad's primary care taker. She has help, but even with help she needs more now at night time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I don't have a whole lot of commentary for this chapter, but with or without the hat, your photography was amazing! So many fantastic shots! I'd tell you to post the other 270 but I don't want the mods to get angry with me.
And you don't want me to get a cramp in my hand from all that photo posting! So glad you like the pictures. I am pretty pleased with how they turned out. We really lucked out with a great viewing spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Oh yes... I would so be up for a Disney reality show...
I would LOVE that. How fun would it be? It would be fun to follow crazy DISers like us!

Quote:
So how cool is it you got recognized from the crowd?

It was pretty cool when people realized who we were. That was fun!

Quote:
Oh I know I've said it before but I so have to go to the party... the Villains, HalloWishes, the Headless Horseman? Too cool... I love the Christmas season but the Halloween party just seems so unique......
You would LOVE it! It's a great party! Nothing else out there like it!

Quote:
btw... what did Mary Ellen have in that mug?
Hmmmmm......wouldn't you like to know? I am certain it was one of the many flavors of rum in our room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Kiss Goodnight?

Quote:
I'm with everyone else. With or without the hat, your firework pictures are just incredible! The colors of the fireworks and castle are spectacular! .
Thank you so much! We had such a great viewing spot. And the lighting was good, so that definitely helped. Can't wait to see Cynthia's.

Quote:
I do love the freedom that digital photography provides over film (although I was dragged kicking and screaming to digital). You can snap away and ask questions later, only limited by battery life and SD card space. .
Amen! If it wasn't for digital I probably never would have gotten into photography. I just feel like the applications are limitless. Edit. Redit. It's all so creative to me.

Quote:
Hope your mom is feeling better. Back pain is a pain in the butt! Sending healing thoughts her way.
Thanks Dee. She is really uncomfortable. I spent the last two nights there and now she is going to my brothers. I just wish she could get out of spasm, but she's stubborn and she doesn't like to try a lot of meds or non-medication interventions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Yikes! Hope your mom recovers soon Mary Ellen! Back/neck injuries are not something to take lightly.
Thanks and I know. I just hope she is able to pull through this and it isn't masking a more serious problem. Thanks for the good thoughts!

Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #786
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Despite "the hat", your firework pictures are outstanding as always.

I can't get over that guy with the shoes (I'm assuming it's a guy).

You got some pretty good shots at the Haunted Mansion as well.

I can't wait to see if you make it for the party the rest of the night.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #787
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the castle pics even with the hat. The colours in them a fab
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #788
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Despite "the hat", your firework pictures are outstanding as always.
Thanks! That darn hat!

Quote:
I can't get over that guy with the shoes (I'm assuming it's a guy).
Those shoes are crazy. Where does one find platform shoes nowadays? Just curious.

Quote:
You got some pretty good shots at the Haunted Mansion as well.
Thanks! I love me some Haunted Mansion and I can never seem to put the camera completely away.

Quote:
I can't wait to see if you make it for the party the rest of the night.
Let's just say that I had a few moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the castle pics even with the hat. The colours in them a fab
Thanks! That castle was just amazing and we had such a good view with lots of lighting. It made it impossible not to take a ton of pictures.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #789
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just keeping up!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #790
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

I took way too many pictures too!!!!

I have this from the Villian Mix and Mingle.

Looks like the queen is floating

pumpkins on the castle

Cue the hat

I like the sequence of these.

and 1 more with the hat...

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #791
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pictures, Pat.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #794
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Great photos of the villains show and hallowishes!! I love them. My husband is a HUGE Kiss fan, and he would probably be upset to know that I made him dress up as Captain Hook when we went to MNSSHP and others are allowed to dress up as band members

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #795
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great Hallowishes photos!! But I can see where that hat was pretty annoying. You still got some pretty amazing shots though, so don't be too upset about that darn hat.

Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she decided to go get checked out!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: