Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #2416
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now for Part II of nicole0992's lunch update from yesterday, this one from...

First a menu pic...

"My youngest daughter wanted lunch at Backlot Express for basic chicken nuggets and fries along with the no sugar added strawberry parfait for dessert."

"My daughter loves Disney nuggets. These were good but the fries were greasy and limp.
She didn't like the parfait and I didn't care for it either after tasting it."

Part III coming soon!

5 February Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign & menu pics

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 02-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #2417
jabead
DIS Veteran

And for Part III of nicole0992's lunch update, we're park hopping over to Epcot's...

"Too many tour groups were at the Studios yesterday so we took the boat to Epcot. My daughter was feeling like salad so we decided to stop at Liberty Inn and try their Chicken Caesar salad."

"Wow was this a great salad! The romaine was so fresh and crisp and perfectly dressed with lots of fresh parmesan. The croutons were excellent quality too. But the biggest star was the chicken. It was grilled and was obviously marinated because it was loaded with garlic flavor. It was cooked perfectly and so moist. I might have to get one of these salads for myself soon because I couldn't stop take bites!"

"Oh, and my daughter had yet another slush with her salad. This time Fanta frozen strawberry. She loved it!"

And last a few pics of the seating area for the American pavilion's Liberty Inn...

3 February Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and seating area pics

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #2418
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

That salad looks yummy! Even the picture of the menu it caught my eye. So glad it's good!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #2419
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

I am enjoying this thread so much! Thanks again! I would like to contribute but we don't travel with much technology and neither of us have smart phones. Maybe someday we will jump into this decade and get a smart phone, and if the thread is still alive, we can contribute then.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #2420
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then we have an update from nicole0992's dinner last night at...

A (not yet updated) menu pic

"We dined at 'Ohana last night. It's a must do for us on all our trips. I was anxious to see how the updated menu tasted. I have to say I really wasn't wowed by the food last night. It pains me to say that because I love 'Ohana. The food was good, hot and fresh. We weren't rushed. Had a window table during Wishes. The wonderful ukulele playing gentleman was the host so all that was perfect."

'Ohana Welcome Bread

"I was not a fan at all of the new salad! The previous honey lime was the best! The new passion fruit dressing has an odd flavor to me and was just too sweet. The mandarin oranges were definitely canned and not fresh and were so mushy. The diced "passion fruit", was I think was papaya."

"The pork dumplings were the same and still delicious. They were still drizzled in sweet and sour sauce. Chicken wings were still the honey coriander and were fine."

"We were only given a large dish of the peanut sauce. We asked for more sweet and sour but were told that they now only serve peanut sauce. Okay then. It's on the pot stickers so it's obviously back in the kitchen!"

"The noodles tasted sweeter to me than I remembered. I think they changed the sauce. They appeared much lighter in color. The stir fry veggies were a nice blend of red onion, baby corn, mushrooms, pea pods, and red peppers but I didn't enjoy them. They were mushy and very salty. No real flavor."

"I was full so only had a tiny piece of beef and chicken. The meats were great as always. Thank goodness no changes there or the dessert!"

'Ohana Bread Pudding a la mode

"Sorry this was so long but wanted to give a full review of the menu changes. I last ate here at the end of July to compare."

2 February Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for the menu and grill pics

Old 02-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #2421
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

YAY!! So glad to hear that Barb!!

Great pics from Ohana- I wish you could get the dessert somewhere else- that is the only thing left that I still want!!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #2422
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Sorry Barb for not giving the dates of the Cruise. Our trip is from March 16-23. The cruise is from the 17th-21st.

So on the 16th we will be at SSR for one night and going to BOG for the first time for dinner.

On the 17th we head to port to catch our Dream cruise! We were on it last year for Spring Break without our girls and this year the girls are joining us and it will be their first time on the ship. So excited for this.

Then on the 21st when we get off the ship, kicking and screaming , we will be heading to AKL for 2 nights. First time stay there for all of us. We will be having a lunch at Yak & Yeti on March 21st and then I am hoping to get over the EPCOT for the Flower & Garden Festival and try some of the new food booths and beverages. Then we will be going to Sanaa on Friday night. Both of these places are new to us so we are excited to be trying them.

Sorry this got so long but I am just getting so excited. We are leaving in just 30 days so !
Old 02-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #2423
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We love Ohana, I have been so concerned about the reviews lately.

I am keeping my reservation for June but I really hope we have a great experience.

Thanks for the review! Nicole & Barb!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
Old 02-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #2424
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Sorry Barb for not giving the dates of the Cruise. Our trip is from March 16-23. The cruise is from the 17th-21st.

So on the 16th we will be at SSR for one night and going to BOG for the first time for dinner.

On the 17th we head to port to catch our Dream cruise! We were on it last year for Spring Break without our girls and this year the girls are joining us and it will be their first time on the ship. So excited for this.

Then on the 21st when we get off the ship, kicking and screaming , we will be heading to AKL for 2 nights. First time stay there for all of us. We will be having a lunch at Yak & Yeti on March 21st and then I am hoping to get over the EPCOT for the Flower & Garden Festival and try some of the new food booths and beverages. Then we will be going to Sanaa on Friday night. Both of these places are new to us so we are excited to be trying them.

Sorry this got so long but I am just getting so excited. We are leaving in just 30 days so !

Got it, thanks Chris! And if you feel like it, would love to have some cruise food pics sometime after you return to shore (and free wi-fi/cell phone coverage).

Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #2425
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Nice 'Ohana review. I find is so strange that they won't give you extra sweet & sour especially when it's on the dumplings. That just makes no sense to me.

Oh well. We are still keeping our ressie in a couple weeks. Fingers crossed that it will be up to par!

Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #2426
jabead
DIS Veteran

I received several email updates late last night, so I'm going to start out today with one of those.
For this first one, we are going to take a detour over to the Disney park on the west coast with DaisyluvzGoofy.

DISNEYLAND

To celebrate their anniversary, Daisy and Goofy had reservations for the "True Love Week" Prix Fixe dinner at...

Cafe Orleans

Daisy said, "DH and I had a great anniversary dinner at Cafe Orleans. It didn't start out that way, but it ended really well! When we arrived at CO we asked about the Prix-Fixe dinner that was advertised. Our server Anita was confused and said, "Oh, that's not an option until the 11th-17th." I "today's the 11th and we made these reservations for our anniversary and this menu!!! " She was a bit flustered and told us to wait and she'd go check. She was gone for a good 10 mins before she came back with an unofficial listing for this meal and explained that because CO was still serving their LTM for Mardi-Gras specials they weren't doing the Prix-Fixe but the assistant chef agreed to make it special for us."

"We started with the Pommes Frites and I had a Pomegranate Lemonade. Delicious, as always!!"

"Our app with the Prix-Fixe was "Housemade Atlantic Salmon Cake" (Tarragon Aioli, fennel and frisee salad with a citrus vinaigrette)."

"The salmon cake had a big red pepper taste but it balanced well with the aioli. The salad was great and refreshing. DH said "it was excellent" and he's not a salad person!"

"Our entree was "A Surf and Turf to love" (Love grilled flank steak, succulent shrimp, with garlic-mashed potatoes, sauteed asparagus, and Beurre Blanc.)"

"I was really worried about this because the orange sauce made me think it would be spicy, and I'm not a spicy food eater! But this was PERFECT! The steak and shrimp were lightly seasoned but the addition of the beurre blanc was an amazing addition. The intertwined shrimp were a great touch. The mashed potatoes were standard garlic mashed and the asparagus was sweet and al-dente!"

"Dessert were Mickey-Shaped Beignets, but they added the raspberries to make a Minnie. These were the basic beignets, but the sauce was both a mixed berry and the regular cream sauce. DH loved the mixed sauce, so much so, he drank the rest of his sauce!!! haha! I really enjoyed it too!"

"Even Estabon, the assistant chef, came out after our meal to introduce himself and thank us for coming.
Great end experience!"

"Afterwards we tried to make it through the madness to take a picture in front of the "true love" topiary but all I could get was a picture of it from afar. We then went to Trader Sam's at the Disneyland hotel for drinks."

Trader Sam's
Disneyland Hotel

Menu pics...

"I had the Piranha Pool and DH just had a soda. We just sat and chatted for about an hour and a half about the last year. Our waitress brought us a mini version of their dessert sampler for our anniversary but we were so excited we dug in before I could get a photo. All in all, pretty awesome way to start off our Anniversary celebration!
We can't wait to head into WDW Saturday!! Time to start packing!!!"

4 February Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for menu, DH, and misc. pics

Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #2427
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now we are going back to Disney World with jimnlahaze. Jim and his wife (Lee Ann) were at Disney World from 2/2 - 2/9 and they've sent me some pics from their trip to share with you.

The first photo is from Downtown Disney's...

Earl of Sandwich

All American Sandwich - roast turkey, buttermilk ranch, cranberries, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and Roma tomato

Jim said, "Our first meal was at Earl of Sandwich, we split an All American with a Mediterranean pasta salad, Mac and cheese, and a brownie."

Then from the Contempo Cafe...

"We stayed at BLT and this is a slice of the chicken artichoke flat bread from Contemporary Cafe, it was about 6 slices this size."

"Had breakfast in the room from Contempo Cafe, both had the Bounty platter that was eggs with cheese, bacon and turkey sausage, fried potatoes, french toast, and a biscuit."

"Another Contempo Cafe breakfast - ham, egg, and cheese sandwich with breakfast potatoes.
Much better than the Bounty platter."

7 February Game Points Earned

Check back this evening to see more pics from Jim & Lee Ann's recent trip to Disney World. Also, hopefully we will have some "live from Disney World" updates by then too.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #2428
superchime
Earning My Ears

Yay! I'll be sending updates in just a couple of weeks. Traveling with me are my husband and two boys (3 and 6). We've done a couple of half weeks at Disney but this will be our first full week vacation there.

Here's my list of restaurants so far:

2/26 Plaza dinner
2/27 'Ohana breakfast
2/28 Via Napoli Lunch, Garden Grill dinner
3/1 Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
3/2 Yak and Yeti lunch
3/3 Raglan Road Sunday Brunch (super excited about this one!)
3/4 Rose and Crown lunch, San Angel Inn dinner
3/5 Crystal Palace breakfast

My 6 year old just surprised me this morning by saying he wants to eat with the princesses at Akershus again (we ate there last time with friends who have a girl his age). So I will have to see if I can work that in somewhere.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #2429
jabead
DIS Veteran

The next update we received from Jim (jimnlahaze) and Lee Ann was from their dinner at...

KONA CAFE

Coconut Almond Chicken - breaded and baked chicken breast served with a salad of Asian greens, fresh fruit, and almonds

"Lee Ann had the almond encrusted chicken, I had the pork chop with a potato casserole with cheese, bacon and mushroom. The chop was on an apple casserole that almost tasted like sweet potatoes.
For dessert we split the Ginger Cake Trifle, it was all good."

3 February Game Points Earned

Last edited by jabead; 02-13-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #2430
jabead
DIS Veteran

The next update from Jim & Lee Ann is a first for the live thread.

This one is from their breakfast at the...

House of Blues Sunday Gospel Brunch

Listen to the joyous music of top gospel groups as you feast on all-you-care-to-eat Southern-style fare. The buffet includes such favorites as chicken jambalaya, chilled prawns, BBQ chicken and prime rib, as well as scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bread pudding and made-to-order omelets.

Jim said, "Great food! Ate mine before I took the pic, only half an omelet left. Wish our church had food this good."

10 February Game Points Earned

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: