Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
CandyPG
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 33

Disembarking in Port Canaveral

We have an 11:00am flight out of Orlando. I am looking for some advice on the fastest way to get to the airport from the ship.

Does anyone have any experience with the fastest way to get to the airport and disembark?

What is the earliest time we can walk off the ship if we carry our own luggage? Is walking off carrying your luggage the fastest way to get off the ship?

Would it be faster to rent a car (take the rental shuttle from the pier to the car rental agency in Port Canaveral) and then drive to the airport or would it be faster to take the shuttle service offered by DCL?

I appreciate any advice you may have. Thanks so much!
Candy
CandyPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 33,275

11:00 is before DCL's recommended time. However, it can be done if everything works perfectly......

You can normally get off about 7:30; sometimes it is a little earlier if you are taking your own bags. SOmetimes it is a LOT later if there is a Customs delay in clearing the ship (we've had one after 9:00!)

The fastest way to get to the airport will be to book a towncar/limo service. If you rent a car, you'll have to wait for the shuttle to the car rental place and return the car at the airport. If you ride the DCL bus, you'll wait while the bus fills before you depart. It won't matter what time YOU got off the ship, it will matter what time the passenger that filled the bus (or nearly filled) got off.

If you do a towncar/limo service, you can have them waiting for you at 7:45 and be on your way. The drive is about 45 minutes.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 16,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyPG View Post
We have an 11:00am flight out of Orlando. I am looking for some advice on the fastest way to get to the airport from the ship.

Does anyone have any experience with the fastest way to get to the airport and disembark?

What is the earliest time we can walk off the ship if we carry our own luggage? Is walking off carrying your luggage the fastest way to get off the ship?

Would it be faster to rent a car (take the rental shuttle from the pier to the car rental agency in Port Canaveral) and then drive to the airport or would it be faster to take the shuttle service offered by DCL?

I appreciate any advice you may have. Thanks so much!
Candy
The quickest way (figuring that you get clear and off the ship by 7:30) would be a car service. You can carry your own bags off the ship. Allow time for customs.

Rental car - allow 5-10 minutes to get to rental facility, 20-30 minutes to get car and be on the road, 30-45 minutes to return car at airport and get shuttle to airport, then anywhere from 10 mintes to an hour for checkin and security.
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
CandyPG
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
11:00 is before DCL's recommended time. However, it can be done if everything works perfectly......

You can normally get off about 7:30; sometimes it is a little earlier if you are taking your own bags. SOmetimes it is a LOT later if there is a Customs delay in clearing the ship (we've had one after 9:00!)

The fastest way to get to the airport will be to book a towncar/limo service. If you rent a car, you'll have to wait for the shuttle to the car rental place and return the car at the airport. If you ride the DCL bus, you'll wait while the bus fills before you depart. It won't matter what time YOU got off the ship, it will matter what time the passenger that filled the bus (or nearly filled) got off.

If you do a towncar/limo service, you can have them waiting for you at 7:45 and be on your way. The drive is about 45 minutes.
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any recommendations for a reliable reasonably priced car service?

Also, what is the DCL's recommended time?
CandyPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 16,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyPG View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any recommendations for a reliable reasonably priced car service?

Also, what is the DCL's recommended time?
I think it's 12:00 (could be 11:30)
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.