Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #12
Andrew015
WL Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeAbitGOOFY View Post
Andrew - very well put and thank you for expanding upon my thought. As the OP mentioned, they wanted input based on factors other than price. Outside of price, like you said, I want a resort that will allow me to transcend me from reality. While my DW and loved CSR, it just didn't do it the same way WL did.
I may be a little biased, but I don't believe any resort on property does a better job of transcending you from reality than WL. Most of it is due to the incredible theming. But I also think part of it is due to the isolated feel that you have there, despite only being a stone's throw away from the MK. The location is the perfect combination of feeling "off the beaten path", while only being a 5 minute boat ride from the magical gates of MK. How cool is that? I was participating in another Resorts thread discussing the Poly, which is my second favorite resort on property. A number of people were chiming in, claiming that they loved the resort, but disliked how busy the resort was with passers-by. I think this is true of all of the monorail resorts. At one time, I really wished they would have put WL on the monorail loop. However, as time has gone by, I'm very glad that they decided against it for this exact reason. It helps keep our beloved WL feeling "isolated" from the hustle and bustle.

I totally agree with you regarding CSR. I can't help but feel it's anything other than a convention resort, and I feel bad for not having my laptop handy for getting some work emails done. Anything that resembles "work / business / conferences" has no part of being involved in my WDW vacation. It's unfortunate that I feel this way, as CSR really is a nice resort. Regardless, I've planted my flag at 901 Timberline Drive.

Andrew015 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: