Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #2146
ChiBub
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 83

Hi Amy!

I've been poking in on your thread from time to time (ever since you did my fantastic steam train and sonic designs) and continue to be so impressed. I was truly awe-struck that you made those carival themed Jamison designs just from a link to party supplies! I got to thinking, since you were able to do that, I wonder if you would be able to help me with some baby shower items for my sister-in-law's upcoming bash. It's not until the end of April, so the only thing I'm working on right now are the invitations. I'm only doing those now because I want to make sure I have time to order them, get them shipped, addressed, etc.

She's using Skip Hop brand "Treetop Friends" themed decor in the baby nursery, so we'd love to use that for the shower too. Here's what it looks like:

http://www.babysupermall.com/main/pr...skp276200.html

http://www.babysupermall.com/main/pr...skp185110.html

If you have time and are able to, I wonder if I could trouble you for a 5x7-sized invitation? To say "Look WHOO's having a baby!" an then "Please join us for a baby shower honoring Colleen XXX" (I can PM you the full name) at the top, and "It'll be a hoot!" at the bottom.

Then if there could be space to add the details, we haven't landed on a time yet or who should get the RSVPs, so rather than bothering you again once we nail it down I can add all the details myself.

If you're able to help I would so appreciate it, I know you're always in high demand and I'm ahead of the game (for once) so I can wait. Thanks so much!!!
ChiBub is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #2147
NorthernGrl
Mouseketeer
 
NorthernGrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_I_C_K_E_Y

Here are your requested fills... Thank you for linking to the original, it made it much easier to find the right design. When it is one I rarely or never customize, I often forget I even have it.

Thank you so much Amy! One quick Q? The transfers you sell, would they work on nylon drawstring bags if I protect the nylon with a pressing cloth?
__________________
Melanie and DH
(10) (7) (5) (3)
NorthernGrl is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #2148
irishmom77616
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6

Thank you

Thank you so much. Now I have two of each to use.
irishmom77616 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #2149
Fivepin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Treasure Island, FL
Posts: 1,696

Hi Amy-

I know this is last minute, but lost track of time. Don't know if you'll get to this by tomorrow night or not. If not that's ok.
I was wondering if I can could get this design:


Mrs. Dawson From: Zachary Leitz
Mrs. Findley From:Christopher Leitz
Mr. Brennan From: The Leitz Boys

Thank you
__________________
Judy DH DS(14) DS(12) DS(9)



Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #2150
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse
 
M_I_C_K_E_Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnc View Post
Oh my goodness!! I am so excited and so thrilled! I'll be ironing these on shirts for them to wear to their party. Thank you, thank you!
You are very welcome!
__________________
M_I_C_K_E_Y is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #2151
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse
 
M_I_C_K_E_Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepin View Post
Hi Amy-

I know this is last minute, but lost track of time. Don't know if you'll get to this by tomorrow night or not. If not that's ok.
I was wondering if I can could get this design:

Mrs. Dawson From: Zachary Leitz
Mrs. Findley From:Christopher Leitz
Mr. Brennan From: The Leitz Boys

Thank you
Boy, that design has been stretched like crazy. I assumed by the size you posted that you wanted them for the smaller bars. Here are your requests...





__________________
M_I_C_K_E_Y is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #2152
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse
 
M_I_C_K_E_Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBub View Post
Hi Amy!

I've been poking in on your thread from time to time (ever since you did my fantastic steam train and sonic designs) and continue to be so impressed. I was truly awe-struck that you made those carival themed Jamison designs just from a link to party supplies! I got to thinking, since you were able to do that, I wonder if you would be able to help me with some baby shower items for my sister-in-law's upcoming bash. It's not until the end of April, so the only thing I'm working on right now are the invitations. I'm only doing those now because I want to make sure I have time to order them, get them shipped, addressed, etc.

She's using Skip Hop brand "Treetop Friends" themed decor in the baby nursery, so we'd love to use that for the shower too. Here's what it looks like:

If you have time and are able to, I wonder if I could trouble you for a 5x7-sized invitation? To say "Look WHOO's having a baby!" an then "Please join us for a baby shower honoring Colleen XXX" (I can PM you the full name) at the top, and "It'll be a hoot!" at the bottom.

Then if there could be space to add the details, we haven't landed on a time yet or who should get the RSVPs, so rather than bothering you again once we nail it down I can add all the details myself.

If you're able to help I would so appreciate it, I know you're always in high demand and I'm ahead of the game (for once) so I can wait. Thanks so much!!!
pm sent!
__________________
M_I_C_K_E_Y is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #2153
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse
 
M_I_C_K_E_Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernGrl View Post
Thank you so much Amy! One quick Q? The transfers you sell, would they work on nylon drawstring bags if I protect the nylon with a pressing cloth?
Probably not. The heat needed to adhere the transfer would probably melt the bag.

You could do an experiment without the transfer. Preheat your iron for 8 to 10 minutes on the second to the hottest setting. And then cover the bag with parchment paper (NOT wax paper but parchment paper) and then try to iron on the bag for about a minute. If it can withstand the heat without melting then the transfer might work fine. But my guess is that it would melt the bag.

*only do this if you have a bag to waste and using the bag is important.

If you think the pressing cloth might work than do the experiment with the cloth instead. But I am not sure about using the cloth when adhering the actual transfer. Does enough heat get through???

I have done canvas bags before and they work GREAT!
__________________
M_I_C_K_E_Y is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #2154
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse
 
M_I_C_K_E_Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom77616 View Post
Thank you so much. Now I have two of each to use.
You are welcome!
__________________
M_I_C_K_E_Y is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #2155
NorthernGrl
Mouseketeer
 
NorthernGrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_I_C_K_E_Y

Probably not. The heat needed to adhere the transfer would probably melt the bag.

You could do an experiment without the transfer. Preheat your iron for 8 to 10 minutes on the second to the hottest setting. And then cover the bag with parchment paper (NOT wax paper but parchment paper) and then try to iron on the bag for about a minute. If it can withstand the heat without melting then the transfer might work fine. But my guess is that it would melt the bag.

*only do this if you have a bag to waste and using the bag is important.

If you think the pressing cloth might work than do the experiment with the cloth instead. But I am not sure about using the cloth when adhering the actual transfer. Does enough heat get through???

I have done canvas bags before and they work GREAT!

It's more price than anything. The nylon bags can be purchased for less than $2 each shipped. Canvas ones are more than double that and we need lots of them. I might have to try them.
__________________
Melanie and DH
(10) (7) (5) (3)
NorthernGrl is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #2156
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran
 
ge0rgette2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_I_C_K_E_Y View Post
Here are 2, just in case you would like a little variety...



Awesome!!!! Once again, terrific!!!
__________________



NYC to Bermuda ~ Norwegian Breakaway ~ May 2013

NYC Inaugural Disney Cruise to Bahamas ~ May 2012 ~ Disney Magic

NYC to Bermuda ~ May 2011 on NCL Gem


ge0rgette2 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #2157
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran
 
ge0rgette2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,057

Could I bother you to make Movie invitations for my daughter's 10th birthday. It's a movie party.. If you could also make thank you tags to match and maybe the chocolate mini wrappers.... Anything you can think of to match for a 10th birthday

Here is the information:

Caitlin's 10th Birthday
Saturday, March 30th at @ 3:30 pm
Please pick up at 6:00 pm

Bellmore Playhouse
Bedford Avenue

RSVP by March 15th

(i'd like to add my phone number but not on this board )
__________________



NYC to Bermuda ~ Norwegian Breakaway ~ May 2013

NYC Inaugural Disney Cruise to Bahamas ~ May 2012 ~ Disney Magic

NYC to Bermuda ~ May 2011 on NCL Gem


ge0rgette2 is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #2158
Fivepin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Treasure Island, FL
Posts: 1,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_I_C_K_E_Y View Post
Boy, that design has been stretched like crazy. I assumed by the size you posted that you wanted them for the smaller bars. Here are your requests...





Thanks Amy-

I have been using them for the last 4 years. I have the others saved-2 of the teachers I already had because my other son had them, just had to change the name.
__________________
Judy DH DS(14) DS(12) DS(9)



Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #2159
theangelamber
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_I_C_K_E_Y View Post
I wasn't sure exactly what you wanted but hope I am on the right track...
I am also posting some blank Valentine's cards in case they might work for you as well.





Thanks so much! I love them all!
__________________
Thanks to Mickey, Mel, Mrs. Pixie, Telynn, Tmdart, Donatalie, & Wendypooh! for all of your help on this site and for making beautiful designs for me. You girls make it a very fun and welcoming place! Everyone's help is very much appreciated and thanks again.
theangelamber is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #2160
Mom2SamandJames
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 825

Hi Amy. I just wanted to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day. Thanks for all you do to help both my class and my family.

Dawn
Mom2SamandJames is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: