Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
nlm74
Mouseketeer

Supercalifragilistic Breakfast?

Has anyone done it? My kids love Poppins and was wondering if it really is Supercalifragilistic?

Thanks.
nlm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlm74 View Post
Has anyone done it? My kids love Poppins and was wondering if it really is Supercalifragilistic?

Thanks.
Im not sure im understanding the 2nd part of your question. But re: the food at breakfast, its pretty good! Great bacon! Lol.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

We went last year and enjoyed it. I loved seeing Mary Poppins as did my 3yo DD. She was not a fan of the Mad Hatter though so asked that we not return this year.

The food was good and if the characters are the ones you want to see I would recommend it.

Amazing Trips with DD: Nov 2014 (MVMCP with Nana & Papa), Sep 2014 (10 days with Cousins), Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

It's fun because there is a variety of characters. Mary, Alice and Hatter being able to speak to you makes it extra fun, then throw in a little Tigger and Pooh and you can't beat it.

We did a really late reservation and were one of the last 3 tables left so we had a LOT of character time. Hatter is hysterical and really goes out of his way to interact with the guests and Alice, even if she's across the room. Mary was always in character and quizzed my daughter on her tidying habits, tooth brushing, respecting her parents. It was great.

Food was good too, they have made to order omelettes plus the basic Disney buffet breakfast stuff.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
Kwaschitz
Mouseketeer

Where is this breakfast? I'm not placing it (perhaps because we did DLR in 2012 and found that 1 shorter trip there from the east was more expensive than our usual 2 longer trips to WDW so I'm in SERIOUS withdrawal at this point)
Kwaschitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaschitz View Post
Where is this breakfast? I'm not placing it (perhaps because we did DLR in 2012 and found that 1 shorter trip there from the east was more expensive than our usual 2 longer trips to WDW so I'm in SERIOUS withdrawal at this point)
Its 1900 Park Fair at the Grand Floridian Resort.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
Kwaschitz
Mouseketeer

LOL -- I am laughing at myself big time now. We've done this one and I was just looking at pictures from that breakfast 2 hours ago (have some great ones of DS with Alice where she decided to play air guitar with one of his legs so that he was practically hanging upside down, then she chased him around the room tickling him until he turned to get her and she ran off giggling to the next family)

So to answer is it supercalifragilistic? From our experience, a big yes even if I couldn't remember the name of it
Kwaschitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

This is close to the top of our list for character meals (I give the edge to Cape May purely because it is much calmer). The food is good (most breakfast buffets at WDW are pretty similar, with the exception of a dish or 2). The characters are great (I call the mix "England's Finest" since all the characters come from stories that take place in.... England... not everyone sees the connection of the characters). What we really like to do is take the last breakfast ADR of the morning, which is around 11:20. We get to MK for RD, spend some time in the park and then head out for "brunch". It's always worked well for us.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR / 2014- Disney Fantasy (Western)
OhThePain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
ars0525
DIS Veteran

3 adults went last November & we had a good time. Except for pictures we didn't have much character interaction, but we weren't looking for it either. The characters were interacting with the tables that wanted it & that was fun to watch. We enjoyed the food too! Our ADR was at 10:05 on a Friday & it didn't feel rushed or overly busy. The characters made pretty good time going around the room--we saw Pooh & Tigger twice & we were there for a little over an hour.
Got my AP so visit whenever I can!

There's no crying at Disney
ars0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #10
angierae
DIS Veteran

We had a fabulous late breakfast there last April. Alice sat down at our table and talked to us for quite some time - my daughter and her friend that we brought had another friend who LOVES Alice, so she wrote a little note to Olivia (we bought her a tea cup and put the note in it) and then the Mad Hatter got into a huge conversation with DD, who was wearking a Pokemon hat, by asking her what was on her hat.

DD said "A poke ball!" and he said "What? A Polka Ball? You're the Belle of the Polka Ball?"

Mary Poppins (who we'd actually gone to meet, since DD has loved Mary Poppins since she was a tiny, tiny girl) was wonderful as well. It was definitely our second best character interaction of the trip. (Chip and Dale at Garden Grill were better, but that's because we were being troublemakers. )

10-2013 - Pop Century / 4-2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 5-2010 - Pop Century
angierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #11
SA mom
DIS Veteran

We loved it. The food was wonderful and they had cook to order omelets. Mary Poppins was charming and Alice and the Mad Hatter were a hoot.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #12
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

My dds had more fun with Alice and Hatter. The food is character buffet breakfast - good, but nothing super terrific. We have been a few times over the years and enjoy it.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #13
Loreli
Mouseketeer

I am SO happy to read this thread!! Once I make our ADRs on the 19th this will hopefully be our first meal at the World on our first day. Very nice to hear the food is good and the characters are interactive.
OP -- Thanks for posting this question!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #14
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

I think this is one of the best character breakfasts (characters AND food). They have quite a variety of food here and the Hatter is a "hoot". I have a review with photos on my dining review website if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/1...-floridian.htm
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #15
nlm74
Mouseketeer

Soooooo helpful everyone, THANKS!

This is becoming harder and harder to narrow down our character breakfasts. I have a 4yr old gal and a 1yr old boy. She of course loves Princesses but her favorite characters are Poppins and Alice. My boy loves everything Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc. Was thinking Tuskor House and The Princess Breakfast at Norway, but may have to re-think this. I think 3 CB's would be too many.....not to mention my husband would kill me!
nlm74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: