Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Where did you park in Galveston?

Recent Galveston Cruisers,

Where did you park in Galveston?

How was it?

Was it walking distance?

Thank you!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Lighthouse parking. Very reasonable rates, covered + elevated parking. Decently friendly staff. We'll park there again.

As far as walking distance, that depends on your definition. We took the (free) shuttle; probably a bit far for most folks. It was waiting there for us when we disembarked; no call or anything needed.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
loring
Earning My Ears

We plan on parking at EZ cruise parking.They were highly recommended by our TA.They handle your luggage for you and shuttle you to the cruise terminal and back.
loring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
loring
Earning My Ears

We plan on parking at EZ cruise parking.They were highly recommended by our TA.They handle your luggage for you and shuttle you to the cruise terminal and back.
loring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

We used Lighthouse too. All spaces are covered, we could book online in advance. DH dropped us off at port, then parked, and he walked back to port.. It's doable if you have no kids or luggage. I highly recommend one of these lots instead if the official port parking. There were long, slow lines for those buses both before and after our cruise last week.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
misslizzy1973
Mouseketeer

We are staying at a hotel the night before and they have a package deal where they will keep the car for the 8 days, take us to the port and pick us back up. Pretty sweet deal!
misslizzy1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

We used Port of Galveston, booked online ahead and got a discount

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
cheesehead3
Earning My Ears

Galveston Parking

We used boi valet, it was all indoor valet parking. It looks like a converted warehouse but it was across the street from the cruise terminal entrance and I called once we where through customs and car was in driveway and warm when we got off the cruise in December.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead3 View Post
We used boi valet, it was all indoor valet parking. It looks like a converted warehouse but it was across the street from the cruise terminal entrance and I called once we where through customs and car was in driveway and warm when we got off the cruise in December.

Thats who I was leaning towards. Are they walking distance? Is it easy for my husband to drop us off with luggage then drop off car?

Thank you.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
cheesehead3
Earning My Ears

BOI Valet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
Thats who I was leaning towards. Are they walking distance? Is it easy for my husband to drop us off with luggage then drop off car?

Thank you.
It is directly across the street from where they were directing traffic to enter the port. We were on the Dec 21st cruise, so it was a little chilly, dropped the DW and DS with the luggage(terminal security is good at giving directions) then exited the terminal, had to drive back to the corner where BOI is, handed the attendant the keys he gave me a ticket with the phone number on it and I walked across the street, its at an intersection with a light, and you are at the entrance you drive in (Terminal 1) short walk and your at terminal 2. When we cleared customs I called the number and our car was started and warm by the time I walked to it.
HTH
Charles
Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead3 View Post
It is directly across the street from where they were directing traffic to enter the port. We were on the Dec 21st cruise, so it was a little chilly, dropped the DW and DS with the luggage(terminal security is good at giving directions) then exited the terminal, had to drive back to the corner where BOI is, handed the attendant the keys he gave me a ticket with the phone number on it and I walked across the street, its at an intersection with a light, and you are at the entrance you drive in (Terminal 1) short walk and your at terminal 2. When we cleared customs I called the number and our car was started and warm by the time I walked to it.
HTH
Charles
Yes Charles, that really helps. My dh was planning to do what you did walk both ways and leave us with the luggage.

Maybe they'll put the a/c on for us
Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
mareed
DIS Veteran

I'm another one for Lighthouse Parking. Used them last Nov and have booked them again for next cruise. We didn't wait for the shuttle either direction and were able to park and then take our luggage with us and all arrive together. We have older kids who help out with the luggage and we'd rather do it this way than making the extra stop to drop off some of us with the luggage, but I realize that's different if you have small children. There was plenty of space for luggage as well as people on their (admittedly rustic) bus.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #13
tdbdolphin
Earning My Ears

We just got back and used EZ parking very friendly and shuttle drops you off at boat. Great price.

Carinval Cruise 2002 (first and last)
Disney Magic February 2013
Disney Wonder December 2013
Disney Wonder December 2015
tdbdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #14
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareed View Post
I'm another one for Lighthouse Parking. Used them last Nov and have booked them again for next cruise. We didn't wait for the shuttle either direction and were able to park and then take our luggage with us and all arrive together. We have older kids who help out with the luggage and we'd rather do it this way than making the extra stop to drop off some of us with the luggage, but I realize that's different if you have small children. There was plenty of space for luggage as well as people on their (admittedly rustic) bus.
Our girls are older too. But, I over pack for 28 years worth of vacations

So, it could be a pain to squeeze us all on the shuttle.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: