Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
tinksgilrs251520
I want to be at WDW

Red face well daughter made the decision.....

So we were going to meet up with our friends at WDW but it turned out that her kids have more tie off then my daughter and i cannot pull her out of school for nine days just cant do it would not feel right so i asked her if she wanted a quick trip or a cruise for 2014 and she picked cruise....so my question is can i add another person to my reservation after i have booked if she chooses to bring a friend? my cruise is in 2014?

tinksgilrs251520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
clten
DIS Veteran

It depends. Yes, Disney rules allow you to add another person to your stateroom. If you will be able to do it depends on many things -- if your stateroom can accomodate the extra passenger, if the kids programming still have space for the person you are adding and if your muster station still has room. Most of the time this is not an issue (sometimes you do have to change your selected stateroom) but the closer you get to sailing date, and the more popular the date, it can become an issue.
clten is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

You can add one as long as your room will hold them or you might have to change rooms. You also have to do it before the ship gets full. Just because the room can hold one more does not mean the ship can hold more. I have seen parents trying to add friends and cannot because the ship was full.

Note about taking kids out of school: In California we have Short Time Independent Study. As long as we take the kids out of school for a minimum of 5 days it qualifies for Independent Study. The parent fills out a form and the teachers give the students work for the time they are going to be gone. When they get back to school they turn in all the work and both the student and the school gets credit for attending school. We did this when we took the Transatlantic Cruise and I know there were lots of kids from other states that were doing the same thing. You have to ask the school because some will not volunteer it.
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
tinksgilrs251520
I want to be at WDW

Thanks for that info on the school i will ask if they offer that

tinksgilrs251520 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: