Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #1471
liesbeth1012
Mouseketeer
 
liesbeth1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arnhem, The Netherlands
Posts: 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
I fear that is now the answer as it is less than 12 months to the expected date, bearing in mind that previous years have been released almost two years in advance.
This is one of the reasons we have settled on WDW for September 2013 so we are not caught out last minute trying to find an alternative
We are also planning to go to WDW in september. Booked the Dream sept 22th-26th 2013 and wanted combine with that. Know not for sure if we take that cruise or another.
__________________

Coming
WBTA 2014 Disney Magic 9/6-9/20 2014
EBTA 2015 Disney Magic 5/19-5/30 2015 (+WDW before)
WBTA 2015 Disney Magic 9/19 - 9/30 2015
Last
Disney Cruise Bahamas 9/22-9/26 2013 Disney Dream+Walt Disney World 9/26-10/9 2013 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland Paris 12/30 2012 - 01/02/2013 Hotel New York
Hawaicruise 14-28 oct 2012 Disney Wonder+Los Angeles 10/6-10/9 2012+Disneyland10/9-10/14 2012
Disney Cruise Transatlantic Barcelona-Port Canaveral 10/9-24/9 2011 Disney Magic+Walt Disney World 24/9-2/10 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort
Disneyland Paris more than 10 times from 1994
liesbeth1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:06 AM   #1472
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesbeth1012

We are also planning to go to WDW in september. Booked the Dream sept 22th-26th 2013 and wanted combine with that. Know not for sure if we take that cruise or another.
Liesbeth we were planning on the 3 night Dream cruise from 26th-29th September , but we may be at WDW the same time?
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-03-2012, 03:34 AM   #1473
sehandiph
Mouseketeer
 
sehandiph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Crewe/Nantwich, England
Posts: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
I fear that is now the answer as it is less than 12 months to the expected date, bearing in mind that previous years have been released almost two years in advance.
This is one of the reasons we have settled on WDW for September 2013 so we are not caught out last minute trying to find an alternative
I think we have also given up waiting and are booking WDW for Sept 2013
going to WDW
no WBTA

Shezzy
sehandiph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #1474
valbob89
DIS Veteran
 
valbob89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,222

Here it is, less then 2 months until 2013 and yet when I went to the DCL site to order a planning DVD for my sister, I got the following message
"The 2013 Disney Cruise Line Vacation Planning DVD is currently in production and will be ready for release very soon. While the delivery of your DVD may be temporarily delayed, rest assured that your DVD will arrive in the mail in the near future. Thank you for your patience and your interest in Disney Cruise Line."
My guess is they pulled the DVD for major changes. I have read that recently, changes have been made to itineraries on scheduled 2013 cruises. Maybe they are rethinking a lot of 2013. Hope they get done "thinking" real soon.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #1475
rmprhp
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lancaster PA
Posts: 51

Still hoping for a WBTA in 2013.....
__________________
Gina ~ Disney Trips: WDW 5/79 Polynesian*WDW 10/98 Caribbean Beach*WDW 11/02 Animal Kingdom Lodge*WDW 7/04 Diamond Resort Grand Beach*WDW 11/06 Wilderness Lodge*WDW 6/08 Diamond Resort Grand Beach*WDW 8/10 All Star Movies*WDW 01/11 Port Orleans French Quarter*Disney Cruise 6/12 - Magic/Canada*WDW 11/12 All Star Music*WDW 06/13 Polynesian Isles*WDW 10/13 Contemporary

rmprhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #1476
wdwishes1990
DIS Veteran
 
wdwishes1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 657

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmprhp View Post
Still hoping for a WBTA in 2013.....
She is scheduled for a 6 week dry dock in Italy.........maybe when they are finished they will open up it up to some die hard Magic fans!
__________________
Jenn & Family
DM DH DS13 DS15 DS20
10/95 4/00 1/06 01/08 01/10 Offsite 7/00 Disney Institute 02/08, 03/09, 05/09, 02/11 POP
5/02 1/03 11/03 1/04 5/04 6/04 5/05 9/05 2/06 POR 11/04 9/05 2/07*PPP CSR 1/00 3/05 12/06*MVMCP YC 4/05 3/06 WL 1/06 BW 8/06 10/06 9/07Poly*MNSSHP 06,07 4/07 Dolphin
12/95 4/01 3/06 4/07 06/08 DISNEYLAND
8/10 DISNEY MAGIC MEDITERRANEAN 11/10 MAGIC WESTERN CARIBBEAN 9/11 WBT 10/12 Magic Galveston Western Caribbean, WONDER 5/12 Pacific
wdwishes1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #1477
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwishes1990 View Post
She is scheduled for a 6 week dry dock in Italy.........maybe when they are finished they will open up it up to some die hard Magic fans!
I recently read that the drydock will be in Cadiz, Spain: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022624

**I see you posted on that thread as well! Time will tell!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #1478
wdwishes1990
DIS Veteran
 
wdwishes1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 657

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I recently read that the drydock will be in Cadiz, Spain: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022624

**I see you posted on that thread as well! Time will tell!
I think the most important info is that she is getting a facelift and we all agree it will be about 6 weeks...........I don't care if they do it at MaryKay - lol. Anxious to see if she will still be "our" Magic and if they might allow some hitchihikers to cross with her!
__________________
Jenn & Family
DM DH DS13 DS15 DS20
10/95 4/00 1/06 01/08 01/10 Offsite 7/00 Disney Institute 02/08, 03/09, 05/09, 02/11 POP
5/02 1/03 11/03 1/04 5/04 6/04 5/05 9/05 2/06 POR 11/04 9/05 2/07*PPP CSR 1/00 3/05 12/06*MVMCP YC 4/05 3/06 WL 1/06 BW 8/06 10/06 9/07Poly*MNSSHP 06,07 4/07 Dolphin
12/95 4/01 3/06 4/07 06/08 DISNEYLAND
8/10 DISNEY MAGIC MEDITERRANEAN 11/10 MAGIC WESTERN CARIBBEAN 9/11 WBT 10/12 Magic Galveston Western Caribbean, WONDER 5/12 Pacific
wdwishes1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #1479
Piggeldy
Earning My Ears
 
Piggeldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 51°9' N, 7°6' O
Posts: 61

I just wanted to inform you that I have just increased your chances for a WBTA by... oh, about 1000% (of course, 0 plus 1000% is still 0 but that would mean splitting hairs, right?).

How? I have booked a TA on Celebrity Eclipse.

Usually, if I do something, something even better pops up.

I order something online? You can be sure, next day it goes on sale. 90% off. Or I get an unexpected gift card for just that store in the mail. Or an email, offering 20% off my next purchase. Or free shipping.

I book a TA on Celebrity? Pay a 10% non-refundable deposit? Of course, three days later I get a newsletter... that they now include a classic drinks package if you book a cruise with them (that was after the UK offer had been available for a few days). New bookings only, of course. Canceling and rebooking (which would have made sense, even losing the deposit) not allowed. Our travel agent's advice? Cancel the newsletter, the offers will even get better. Well. Thanks
[Yes, I am happy with the price we paid for the cabin we picked and I don't need a package that includes alcoholic drinks but still...]

Conclusion?
I assume there will be a WBTA for a great price with a very special and wonderful itinerary on a completely refurbished Magic, you will all be on it and I will be extremely jealous
Piggeldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #1480
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggeldy View Post
I just wanted to inform you that I have just increased your chances for a WBTA by... oh, about 1000% (of course, 0 plus 1000% is still 0 but that would mean splitting hairs, right?).

How? I have booked a TA on Celebrity Eclipse.

Usually, if I do something, something even better pops up.

I order something online? You can be sure, next day it goes on sale. 90% off. Or I get an unexpected gift card for just that store in the mail. Or an email, offering 20% off my next purchase. Or free shipping.

I book a TA on Celebrity? Pay a 10% non-refundable deposit? Of course, three days later I get a newsletter... that they now include a classic drinks package if you book a cruise with them (that was after the UK offer had been available for a few days). New bookings only, of course. Canceling and rebooking (which would have made sense, even losing the deposit) not allowed. Our travel agent's advice? Cancel the newsletter, the offers will even get better. Well. Thanks
[Yes, I am happy with the price we paid for the cabin we picked and I don't need a package that includes alcoholic drinks but still...]


Conclusion?
I assume there will be a WBTA for a great price with a very special and wonderful itinerary on a completely refurbished Magic, you will all be on it and I will be extremely jealous
Have your travel agent call Celebrity again! Someone on my Jan. 2014 Celebrity Solstice Australia/NZ cruise was able to get the beverage package added to her reservation, and her travel agent didn't have to cancel and rebook. I know the web site says for cruises booked Jan. 7-27 - but Celebrity often doesn't stick closely to their rules!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #1481
caroleRWO
Mouseketeer
 
caroleRWO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 108

So like everyone else, we have had to make other plans.
We are at WDW in September and are going on the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean for a week from 21st. Anyone else with us? - it seems a very quiet roll-call. We will miss all the wonderful DIS meets and activities - hopefully there will be another Western Transatlantic in 2014.
Carole, Mike and Jenny
__________________
caroleRWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #1482
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!
 
Pinky166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Herts, England
Posts: 13,926

I guess we can revive this thread!!!!

So exciting that the Magic is coming back to Europe and we finally get another WBTA!!!

The ports look fab too, now I just need to start saving, lol!
__________________
Claire






Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #1483
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
I guess we can revive this thread!!!!

So exciting that the Magic is coming back to Europe and we finally get another WBTA!!!

The ports look fab too, now I just need to start saving, lol!
Better to start a NEW thread, as there's too much to wade through before getting to this point.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #1484
hazelandannie
Magic here we come
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Better to start a NEW thread, as there's too much to wade through before getting to this point.
A new thread might be a good idea
hazelandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #1485
birkner
DIS Veteran
 
birkner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Woodside, California
Posts: 8,126

If you start a new thread, would you put a link here and close this thread?
__________________
birkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.