Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #16
hapandpam
DIS Veteran

It is easy to say not to worry but I would be doing the same thing. Hope being able to "talk" about it has helped. When I was waiting for some test results, I also turned to the boards. I never posted, but read through others going through similar situations. It helped to know I wasn't alone. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep us posted.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #17
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much every one for letting me just say what I need to say.My Dh had his right hip replaced over three years ago and then he started getting terriible pain in the left hip.Before the scan he was told that he may need to have the frist hip replacement done over and also replace the other hip.Well the scan showed that both hips will have to be done and by the way you might have lymphoma.I am a planner....so I'm planning for the worst and praying for the best. Thank you for all the amazing surviors who have commented I hope we can be as strong as you. My friends and family are wonderful but sometimes its hard to share what I'm really thinking. Thanks again everyone you are all so kind and your kindness means more than you know
irishsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #18
scootch
DIS Veteran

Love and prayers... hoping it turns out to be something minor. There is always that chance!!!
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #19
PatsMom
Sometimes has Dory moments!
I have two brothers and either of them would have been proud to be suspended for stinking up the bus

Best of luck to you. Lymphoma is treatable/curable depending on the stage it is caught at. You undoubtedly have a lot of testing still ahead of you before a treatment plan can be recommended. It is so hard to wait for test results. I think most cancer survivors will tell you that the hardest thing is waiting.

And most of us also consider that we are survivors beginning on the first day after diagnosis. So welcome to the survivor's club. The club no one wants to join!
September 1996 - Fort Wilderness (DD and DH's first trip) October 1999 - Fort Wilderness November 2001 - Fort Wilderness November 2004 - Fort Wilderness November 2005 - Saratoga Springs December 2006 - Saratoga Springs February 2007 - All Star Sports August 2007 - Boardwalk Villas November 2007 - Saratoga Springs February 2008 - Villas at the Wilderness Lodge August 2008 - Old Key West
December 2008 - Saratoga Springs February 2009 - Beach Club Villas September 2009 (50th birthday trip) - Bay Lake Tower January 2010 - Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) May 2010 - Old Key West September 2010 - Bay Lake Tower May 2011 - Beach Club Villas October 2011 - Saratoga Springs January 2012 - Old Key West May 2012 - Old Key West October 2012 - Old Key West January 2013 - Family gathering at Old Key West; May 2013 - Wilderness Lodge Villas; November 2013 - AKL Jambo House; February 2014 - Saratoga Springs
PatsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #20
DisneyNutMary
DIS Veteran

My thoughts and prayers are with you OP. My brother in law is five years in remission of lymphoma. It was a tough battle, but he made it through. Stay strong.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #21
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Still waiting for the test results
Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #22
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

So sorry you are still waiting. I am sure its frustrating and nerve wracking. You want and need answers. Have they told you what the delay is?

Hang in there. Sending you prayers and good thoughts for all the best.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #23
luvdzny
DIS Veteran

My husband is a survivor of Hodgkins Lymphoma.(originally diagnosed in 1992) For me I think the worst part was waiting for results. Once we had results and knew what he was dealing with it got easier. I can't promise you a smooth road, but you can get through it!
It has been almost 6 years since the doctor said to me "say goodbye, there is nothing else we can do for your husband." Now we are planning a family Disney trip in August and he will be there!!!!!

As far as how hard the treatments are, that depends. There were times when DH was on so many steroids that he couldn't sit still. He cleaned all my cabinets, the pantry and everything else he could find.

Good luck to you and your DH, I hope the news is good. As others have said, let me know if you have any more questions.

luvdzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #24
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Just adding my success story. My DH was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma back in 1987, about six months after we started dating. We were in our early twenties.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR

DisneyRunner2009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #25
ArmyWife7
Mouseketeer

I hope you get some answers soon. I agree that the waiting is the worst. However, I also wanted to share a success story with you because when my family was waiting, all I wanted to do was know that there were success stories. My sister, at the age of 32, was diagnosed this past July with non-hodgins lymphoma. In December she was in complete remission. Good luck!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #26
Mama Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdzny View Post
My husband is a survivor of Hodgkins Lymphoma.(originally diagnosed in 1992) For me I think the worst part was waiting for results. Once we had results and knew what he was dealing with it got easier. I can't promise you a smooth road, but you can get through it!
It has been almost 6 years since the doctor said to me "say goodbye, there is nothing else we can do for your husband." Now we are planning a family Disney trip in August and he will be there!!!!!

As far as how hard the treatments are, that depends. There were times when DH was on so many steroids that he couldn't sit still. He cleaned all my cabinets, the pantry and everything else he could find.

Good luck to you and your DH, I hope the news is good. As others have said, let me know if you have any more questions.
My Mom had Lymphoma and this was her with the steroids as well. I stayed with her a few times on weekends during the process and she went from her norm of falling asleep at 8 pm and me needing to be quiet so I didn't disturb her to much to Still awake and going strong at 1 am and me begging to go to sleep. (I had a 2 year old at the time!) She's been cancer free for years now and her whole ordeal was about six months from diagnosis to the last follow up appointment. Now she goes once a year, I think, for a check up with them.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #27
linney94
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to add my success story.My 83 year old mum was diagnosed 3 years ago;high grade and aggresive. She was to have 6 chemo transfusions,after 3 was told that she was clear! but had two more anyway!She is so well now,and at the grand old age of 86 is still enjoying her life! Lots of good luck to you both. Linda
linney94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #28
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the love Wow so many amazing survivor stories,thank you for sharing
Old 02-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #29
KodakFigment
Mouseketeer

Mom had NHL 5 years ago. They treated her with Rituxan, not chemo. Quite expensive, but NO side effects other than a little fatigue. It is much more commonplace as a treatment now.

She's great! You will come through this. The Lymphoma Society of America online has great reading and resources!

Halfway through the Resort list - but now living only minutes away
KodakFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #30
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Got the wonderful news yesterday that it is not lymphoma Dh still has testing to be done but in a few weeks he will get a hip replacement and when that heals they will replace the other one.It will be a long time out of work and money will be tight(thank goodness for the tax refund).I had so many other plans for that money Again just want to say THANK YOU to everyone for your kind words and encouragement.Thank you for sharing your stories and willingness to help a stranger.Today dh and I are enjoying the day and tommorow we will plan how to cope with him out of work(he has been home 3 weeks so far and 2 months ago he was out 4 weeks so all his vacation,and benefit time is used) Today is a beautiful day

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: