Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
trewin
Mouseketeer

Deposit Question

My family and I were thinking about booking a 2014 Disney Cruise. ((4 days, stateroom with a verandah)) Since we'd be booking over a year in advanced, I was wondering if the deposit was refundable if something came up and we had to cancel?
trewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Yes. The deposit is fully refundable up to the paid in full date which is 75 days before the cruise. This is for a regular room. I am not sure what the refund policy is for a concierge room.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewin View Post
My family and I were thinking about booking a 2014 Disney Cruise. ((4 days, stateroom with a verandah)) Since we'd be booking over a year in advanced, I was wondering if the deposit was refundable if something came up and we had to cancel?
Through DCL- yes (not sure on concierge)
Just be aware a travel agent may have additional rules to follow
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

Oh yeah, its refundable up until you are in hte penalty phase for your cruise date. Your other option would be to leave the deposit and move the date out further if your first date does not work for you down the road. You can do that as long as you are not in the Penalty phase too.

I book dates on board and then move them to whatever date we finally sail on, as they become available. The last I was on the Magic was 2011, so i booked a cruise for 2012 and moved to 2013. As long as the fall dates come out today I'll be moving it to 2014. And no penalties were involved in moving it at all.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Here is what comes with my booking. As you can see it is very hard to read. I would suggest to make sure you use a travel agent. It does not cost any more and they can help answer all these types of questions and take care of any problems you have. I like mine because they specialize in Disney and are not to big and not to small of a company.

Cruise Cancellation Fees: CATEGORIES WITH RESTRICTIONS: Reservations for Inside (IGT), Outside (OGT) or Verandah (VGT) Categories with Restrictions are NON_REFUNDABLE and NON_TRANSFERABLE. A 100% cruise cancellation fee applies from time of payment. Cruises Less Than 10 days where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date - Fee Amount 45 days or more - Deposit per Guest for Suites/Concierge staterooms 74-45 days - Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge rooms 44-30 days - 50% of vacation price per Guest 29 to 15 days - 75% of vacation price per Guest 14 days or less - No refund Cruises of 10 days or More and Cruises Less Than 10 days where Embark and Debark is non-U.S. Port Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date - Fee Amount 56 days or more - Deposit per Guest for Suites/Concierge staterooms 119-56 days - Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge rooms 55-30 days - 50% of vacation price per Guest 29 to 15 days - 75% of vacation price per Guest 14 days or less - No refund For reservations made prior to May 15, 2012 the cancellation fees assessed will be based on the cancellation fees listed on the original confirmation unless the sailing date or vacation package is modified. Air Cancellation Fees: Any changes or cancellations to your Disney Cruise Line air arrangements (including, but not limited to sail date/air travel date changes and name changes/corrections), will result in cancellation fees assessed as follows: Domestic Air Cancellation Fees Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date - Fee Amount 74 to 45 days - 10% of the air supplement per Guest 44 to 31 days - 50% of the air supplement per Guest 44-30 days - 50% of vacation price per Guest 30 to 0 days - 100% of the air supplement per Guest International Air Cancellation Fees Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date - Fee Amount 89 to 45 days - 50% of the air supplement per Guest 44 to 0 days - 100% of the air supplement per Guest Domestic air cancellation fees apply for sailings where both the embark and debark port are in North America. International air cancellation fees apply for all other sailing itineraries. Hotel Cancellation Fees A cancellation fee in the amount of the total hotel cost for all nights reserved will be assessed if a hotel reservation outside of Orlando is cancelled 14 days or less prior to arrival date. A cancellation fee will be assessed if a hotel reservation in Orlando is cancelled 4 days or less prior to arrival date. Please contact Disney Cruise Line for details. Service Fees Changes to a reservation may result in a per Guest service fee. Please contact Disney Cruise Line for details. Pregnancy and Infants Women who have entered their 24th week of pregnancy and infants under 12 weeks old will be refused passage aboard Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
trewin
Mouseketeer

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help
trewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: