Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #631
PrincessFelisha
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to say I'm reading too - and really enjoying your adventures!

I turned down CP when I was in college because I got "fast food service"... so it's great to read about someone who is actually doing it and living their dream!

Keep enjoying every minute!!!!

16 trips total! I've stayed at All Star Music, Pop Century, Disney's Beach Club, Coronado Springs, The Animal Kingdom Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort and Dixie Landings (aka Port Orleans Riverside Mansions)

"IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, THEN YOU CAN DO IT, YES YOU CAN, YES YOU CAAAAAAANNNN!" (Long Live Horizons from Epcot Center and all the great long-gone Disney music!)
PrincessFelisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #632
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Still love getting all the details here from the snippets of your day from Instagram and Twitter!

Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (Disneymoon TR in progress)
Saving Dole Whip Float Money - PTR for Feb 2011 // Delicious Indeed! - TR for February 2011
It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! - PTR for April 2010 // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon - TR for April 2010
A DISer's Trip of Firsts! - TR for Feb 2008 // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! - Living the Life Outside of VMK

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #633
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

I had a "FRUMP MOMENT" when I saw your GSF!

I thought your ACTUAL name was JESS!

When I saw JESSICA on your GSF,it "hit" me-JESS is short for JESSica-WELL DUH!!!!

I have always thought Jessica is such a cool name-not everybody can say that they share a name with one of the greatest songs ever written(IMHO)!

By the way,PLEASE give us a "KLEENEX WARNING" before posting another "Princess Meredith Story"!!!!
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #634
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I was at MK on Sunday and it was packed!! Thankfully I was just there to do some shopping. You know we have a 40% discount till the 13th right?!!?

TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #635
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7
I was at MK on Sunday and it was packed!! Thankfully I was just there to do some shopping. You know we have a 40% discount till the 13th right?!!?
Hahaha oh girl, I know. And I'm putting it to GREAT use
Old 02-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #636
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Hahaha oh girl, I know. And I'm putting it to GREAT use

Good!!!! Just making sure

TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #637
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I can't believe your mom is coming tomorrow! This is going by quickly! Have an awesome time!

I don't like Pinnochio's either. I got a flatbread and it was horrrible!!! The chicken was disgusting and the toppings were like only in the middle and the outer bread was horrrid!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #638
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Congrats on your top thread award :D
Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #639
ShellieB
Mouseketeer

I LOVE Disney Pizza! My husband, really could care less for it. It has taken 4 trips to get him to go back to Pinnochios for lunch. We get there (a few weeks ago) and the menu has changed to the flatbread pizzas. Honestly, I really did not like it at all. Totally disappointed! I did get a visit in to Pizza Planet at least
ShellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #640
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Congrats on finishing up your front desk training & being recognized by a supervisor on your first day solo! That was so nice of you to get Meredith her goodies
My daughter is 5 and she has been to WDW twice so far, and she absolutely loves the extra little things that Disney does for its guests..like the first visit buttons, cupcakes for celebrations, Mickey head confetti on the tables. It's all of those little things that make our vacations so memorable

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #641
Djjsperry
Earning My Ears

Jess,

I have been reading ALL your trip reports over the last several months and have throughly enjoyed them. I am so sad I have read your last page of your current one. I will keep checking back for updates. I definitely am a Disney Frump, I'm so excited to tell you I am making my 6th visit to WDW, after my first Disney Cruise in May. I have been counting down for 11 months we are now at 3 months 13 days. We are staying at Beach Club Villas Yeah!! Don't worry if you don't have time to reply I know you are busy with your internship, I am excited for you. What an adventure!
Janelle
Djjsperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #642
librarymouse
Mouseketeer

Love your Meredith story! You are doing so great, like we knew you would! I am so glad that you got recognition for being such a great CM, especially on your first day solo! Keep making the magic! Hope you have a great time with your mom visiting!!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #643
Majik9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

I began working and my FSA asked if I was done with training. I told her yes and she was like "YOU'RE ONE OF US NOW! Take that red ribbon off!" So as far as Front Desk.... I EARNED MY EARS!
Jealous.... When I was a CP I didn't get to experience this. I drove a tram and they didn't want guests to know that someone on the first day was driving a tram so we never wore them.
Past Trips to Disneyworld, and Disneyland: WDW-1: Feb 1987 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 1989 (Off Property), WDW-3: Mar 1990 (Off Property), WDW: May 1997 (P.O.), DLR -1: June 1998 (Off Property), C.P. Cast Memeber Sept 1999 - Jan 2000 (Vista Way): DLR #2: Aug 2000 (Off Property), WDW: Yearly Past Holder Aug 2003 - March 2009 DLR: Yearly Past Holder April 2011 - April 2012
And coming soon ... WDW-4: March 2013 (ASMu)
Twitter ID: @Majik9
Majik9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #644
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your first non-training day and the GSF, but you should probably blur out that CM's last name and signature.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 on the GKTW team!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #645
Code W
Earning My Ears

Jess, you have a wonderful gift for writing. I am impressed by your ability to pack so much emotion onto the page. You have made me laugh out loud and brought tears to my eyes. What you are producing here is not merely a trip report, but the beginnings of a book. I firmly believe that there is such a thing as the "writing gene" and you have it. May it serve you well for the rest of your life.

It's a fairly obvious fact that the best Cast Members are the the people with a passion for Disney. I thank God that there are such people and that you are in that group. Bless you for your attitude, commitment and enthusiasm. It's as if you were the template for the perfect Cast Member as Walt Disney envisioned them. I tip my hat to you for a job so well done.

Keep on dreaming as dreamers do.

Code W is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: