Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
mpeanut
Mouseketeer

Couch to ME - mpeanut running & weight loss journal (comments welcome)

Who: mpeanut - 34 years old, mom of 2 girls, wife, with a very part time job and part time volunteer job. I love reading about and planning Disney trips. We don't have another trip planned since our Oct. visit, but I think we will be back in 2014 unless I can talk DH into a Disney Cruise before then.

What: lose 20 pounds, be able to comfortably run 3 miles at least 4 times a week by starting up C25k again (I am currently on week 3, but took a few days off because gym was closed due to a major snow storm)

Where: eating better at home, running on treadmill at gym until the 2.5 feet of snow on the ground melts and then outside

Why: I've been reading and following journals for a while now. I decided I should start my own as a way to record my progress and make myself accountable for sticking to some fitness goals.
I have two little girls at home and have found in the last few months I have had less energy to keep up with them and don't feel like myself. I'm wiped out by 2:00. So rather than turning to more coffee I decided I should get moving
I weighed in this morning and saw that I was up 5 pounds from where I was for our trip to WDW in October. My lower back has been bugging me at night, as well, and this has always been a sign that I've put on a few pounds. So it's time to shed some weight and get my energy back.
The time to exercise will also be a nice time to relax and be alone for a while.

When: start day today! no more excuses of bad weather, sick kids, busy schedule....

Weight Loss Goal-
current weight: 145 (it may not seem like a lot, but I am 5'1.5 and very squishy around the middle)
goal: 125 by the end of May and keep it off

Running Goal
- complete a 5k at the end of April (there are two coming up locally and I'm trying to decide which one to sign up for as my first)
- then complete at least one 5k a month through the fall - and maybe get up to a 10k in the fall

Overall Plans-
weight loss - start with cutting back on carbs, sugar, and unhealthy afternoon snack habit. eat more fruits and veggies.
running - C25k, then run regularly and sign up for 5k's to keep motivated, start spinning classes at the gym once schedule opens up a bit more in the spring

Plan this week-
Tues- C25k and 30 min walk with baby while older DD is at dance class- DONE!!
Wed- walk with baby while older DD is at school- DONE
Thurs- C25k- DONE
Fri- yoga video with DDs joining in
Sat- C25k while DH watches DDs
Sun - bike or elliptical while DH watches DDs

Thanks for reading

Last edited by mpeanut; 02-14-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: edit: updates of completed tasks
mpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: