Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #31
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner
 
ImprovGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid2000 View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe some of the bars are adults only even before 9.
On the Classic Ships, Cadillac Lounge (Wonder) and Sessions (Magic) are always 18+ (unless a special event like concierge reception specifies otherwise).

I *think* on the newer ships, Pink and OohLaLa are always 18+. Skyline might be as well.

I know Schmoo mentioned Promenade Lounge for all ages nighttime entertainment, but if you're looking for the family designated nighttime entertainment with DJ dance parties and karaoke, that's more likely found in Studio Sea (Magic/Wonder) and D Lounge(Dream/Fantasy).

Also, when guest variety act performers are on the ship, they'll generally do a family cabaret and an adult cabaret (usually in Rockin' Bar D/Wavebands/Evolution/Tube). The family one will be at the 7:30 time slot (so it won't interfere with either dinner or mainstage show seatings). The adult one will be in the 10:30pmish time slot.
__________________
ImprovGal is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #32
bzkds
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 364

Dh and I were in Skyline having a martini before dinner, around 7pm. Our Dd18 came in and joined us. Obviously she did not order a drink, but no one said anything to her at all. I don't think she looked more 18 than 17.. but we were also the only people in there and it was still early.
Beth
__________________
DLR too many times to count
Disney Dream 7/29/2011
Disney Fantasy 6/22/2013
next up: Disney Wonder 10/4/2015
bzkds is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #33
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

Just out of curiosity - what is the drinking age on the Disney ships?
ranidayz is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #34
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz
Just out of curiosity - what is the drinking age on the Disney ships?
21

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Bonniec is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #35
ARLENE1
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 18

As a parent myself, I honestly cannot understand parents who purposely go against the ships rules and try to "sneak" their underage kids into area's that are restricted for adults only. First of all, you are setting a very bad example for your kids by allowing them to think that "they don't have to follow the rules". Life is all about "rules". We have rules and laws in every area of our society and our children need to learn from us that they need to be obeyed. Secondly, as an adult, I'm not going to try to "sneak in" to the Teen Clubs and areas on the ship to see what's going on. I respect the fact that young people need their privacy too and those areas are made specifically for them to enjoy just as the adult area's are made specifically for adults to enjoy. Parents need to set good examples for their kids and stop trying to "bend rules" to suite their own likes and dislikes. This is not Michigan, Nevada, or any other place where "kids are allowed to go into the bars with their families" as one person wrote. This is the DISNEY CRUISE LINE and they have their own rules and regulations and if you cannot abide by the rules on the ship then you need to think of going on a different type of vacation.
ARLENE1 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #36
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's
 
bats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 1,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
Just out of curiosity - what is the drinking age on the Disney ships?
It's 18 in the Med on DCL but the parent/guardian has to sign a form to authorise an 18-20 yo buying alcohol.

Regarding the OPs original question .. I can't understand why someone would ask the question. Obviously the OP knew it was not allowed, so why even ask? I just don't get it ... under ages going into over age spaces, shorts at dinner, children running up corridors, no collars in Palo .. if DCL ask you not to do something or not to wear a particular item, why disregard the request?

I just don't get it
__________________
Bats
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #37
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARLENE1 View Post
As a parent myself, I honestly cannot understand parents who purposely go against the ships rules and try to "sneak" their underage kids into area's that are restricted for adults only. First of all, you are setting a very bad example for your kids by allowing them to think that "they don't have to follow the rules". Life is all about "rules". We have rules and laws in every area of our society and our children need to learn from us that they need to be obeyed. Secondly, as an adult, I'm not going to try to "sneak in" to the Teen Clubs and areas on the ship to see what's going on. I respect the fact that young people need their privacy too and those areas are made specifically for them to enjoy just as the adult area's are made specifically for adults to enjoy. Parents need to set good examples for their kids and stop trying to "bend rules" to suite their own likes and dislikes. This is not Michigan, Nevada, or any other place where "kids are allowed to go into the bars with their families" as one person wrote. This is the DISNEY CRUISE LINE and they have their own rules and regulations and if you cannot abide by the rules on the ship then you need to think of going on a different type of vacation.
I can think of several instances where Disney tends to bend the rules. Age is not one of them on the ships but if you don't live and breathe on the DCL boards, you wouldn't know that. So even without the OP asking people not to attack, it's a reasonable question. In my experience, people who tell everyone else how they should be parenting are the ones who should look in the mirror.
__________________
Bonniec is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #38
Spectrum
Mouseketeer
 
Spectrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 132

I thought if you were 18+ you were allowed in the clubs and bars but just could not have a drink. I went to Skyline on the Fantasy with my niece (18) and her friend (19) and they were both asked to leave. The waiter said it was 21+ to be in there. That was news to me. Especially since the night before they were served soft drinks.
Spectrum is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #39
Melissa S
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I can think of several instances where Disney tends to bend the rules. Age is not one of them on the ships but if you don't live and breathe on the DCL boards, you wouldn't know that. So even without the OP asking people not to attack, it's a reasonable question. In my experience, people who tell everyone else how they should be parenting are the ones who should look in the mirror.
Agreed. Too many people on these boards think that everyone lives and breathes DCL. The kids' club is an example where the rules state 3+ but they will allow a 2y9m if there is room and the child is potty trained. It's not unreasonable to think that a 17 year old accompanied by legal guardians may be let in. This should be a board where people can freely ask questions and get them politely answered.
__________________
Magic May 10, 2015 (5 night)
Magic September 27, 2014 (7 night) (first cruise as gold! )

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #40
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's
 
bats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 1,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I can think of several instances where Disney tends to bend the rules. Age is not one of them on the ships but if you don't live and breathe on the DCL boards, you wouldn't know that. So even without the OP asking people not to attack, it's a reasonable question. In my experience, people who tell everyone else how they should be parenting are the ones who should look in the mirror.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa S View Post
Agreed. Too many people on these boards think that everyone lives and breathes DCL. The kids' club is an example where the rules state 3+ but they will allow a 2y9m if there is room and the child is potty trained. It's not unreasonable to think that a 17 year old accompanied by legal guardians may be let in. This should be a board where people can freely ask questions and get them politely answered.
I haven't seen anyone 'attack' the OP at all. Nobody has been rude and I hope it stays that way. Just because people have a different opinion doesn't mean they're attacking someone.
The OP asked a question knowing that it was likely to cause some people to raise an opposing view.
Matters not if you are a DCL fan or a hater, they make the rule that it's over 18's so we should all stick to it and stop trying to make the rules suit our own needs. I included the childrens clubs in my earlier post .. I have no idea why people would want to bend rules to suit their own needs when DCL make it perfectly clear what the age groups are.

If I'm speeding in my car, I dont ask the officer to let me get away with it because it was 'only just' over. That may not be the best example, but I truly do not get why people push the boundaries.

If we all push to bend the rules, I can only see it ending up with no adult only areas as teens would be allowed in, no specific smoking areas .. it would just be anywhere and everywhere, men allowed to have bare chests and women wearing thong bikinis at dinner. Far fetched to reach that point, but is it?
__________________
Bats
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #41
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran
 
tnkrbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa S

Agreed. Too many people on these boards think that everyone lives and breathes DCL. The kids' club is an example where the rules state 3+ but they will allow a 2y9m if there is room and the child is potty trained. It's not unreasonable to think that a 17 year old accompanied by legal guardians may be let in. This should be a board where people can freely ask questions and get them politely answered.
Thanks guys!! . I really wasn't trying to start any trouble. I appreciate you guys understanding were I was coming from. .
tnkrbell is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #42
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran
 
tnkrbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec

I can think of several instances where Disney tends to bend the rules. Age is not one of them on the ships but if you don't live and breathe on the DCL boards, you wouldn't know that. So even without the OP asking people not to attack, it's a reasonable question. In my experience, people who tell everyone else how they should be parenting are the ones who should look in the mirror.
tnkrbell is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #43
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises
 
mmouse37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Too far from the Magic!!
Posts: 27,427

The OP's question was a legitimate one and she has gotten the info she requested. I am now closing the thread.

MJ
__________________
31 DCL Cruises and Counting!
Disney Magic - 19 times - Official Maiden Voyage July 30, 1998, Re-imagined Magic October 27, 2013
Disney Wonder - 5 times
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.