Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #31
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid2000 View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe some of the bars are adults only even before 9.
On the Classic Ships, Cadillac Lounge (Wonder) and Sessions (Magic) are always 18+ (unless a special event like concierge reception specifies otherwise).

I *think* on the newer ships, Pink and OohLaLa are always 18+. Skyline might be as well.

I know Schmoo mentioned Promenade Lounge for all ages nighttime entertainment, but if you're looking for the family designated nighttime entertainment with DJ dance parties and karaoke, that's more likely found in Studio Sea (Magic/Wonder) and D Lounge(Dream/Fantasy).

Also, when guest variety act performers are on the ship, they'll generally do a family cabaret and an adult cabaret (usually in Rockin' Bar D/Wavebands/Evolution/Tube). The family one will be at the 7:30 time slot (so it won't interfere with either dinner or mainstage show seatings). The adult one will be in the 10:30pmish time slot.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #32
bzkds
Mouseketeer

Dh and I were in Skyline having a martini before dinner, around 7pm. Our Dd18 came in and joined us. Obviously she did not order a drink, but no one said anything to her at all. I don't think she looked more 18 than 17.. but we were also the only people in there and it was still early.
Beth
next up: Disney Wonder 10/4/2015
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #33
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Just out of curiosity - what is the drinking age on the Disney ships?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #34
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #35
ARLENE1
Earning My Ears

As a parent myself, I honestly cannot understand parents who purposely go against the ships rules and try to "sneak" their underage kids into area's that are restricted for adults only. First of all, you are setting a very bad example for your kids by allowing them to think that "they don't have to follow the rules". Life is all about "rules". We have rules and laws in every area of our society and our children need to learn from us that they need to be obeyed. Secondly, as an adult, I'm not going to try to "sneak in" to the Teen Clubs and areas on the ship to see what's going on. I respect the fact that young people need their privacy too and those areas are made specifically for them to enjoy just as the adult area's are made specifically for adults to enjoy. Parents need to set good examples for their kids and stop trying to "bend rules" to suite their own likes and dislikes. This is not Michigan, Nevada, or any other place where "kids are allowed to go into the bars with their families" as one person wrote. This is the DISNEY CRUISE LINE and they have their own rules and regulations and if you cannot abide by the rules on the ship then you need to think of going on a different type of vacation.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #36
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
It's 18 in the Med on DCL but the parent/guardian has to sign a form to authorise an 18-20 yo buying alcohol.

Regarding the OPs original question .. I can't understand why someone would ask the question. Obviously the OP knew it was not allowed, so why even ask? I just don't get it ... under ages going into over age spaces, shorts at dinner, children running up corridors, no collars in Palo .. if DCL ask you not to do something or not to wear a particular item, why disregard the request?

I just don't get it
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #37
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARLENE1 View Post
As a parent myself, I honestly cannot understand parents who purposely go against the ships rules and try to "sneak" their underage kids into area's that are restricted for adults only. First of all, you are setting a very bad example for your kids by allowing them to think that "they don't have to follow the rules". Life is all about "rules". We have rules and laws in every area of our society and our children need to learn from us that they need to be obeyed. Secondly, as an adult, I'm not going to try to "sneak in" to the Teen Clubs and areas on the ship to see what's going on. I respect the fact that young people need their privacy too and those areas are made specifically for them to enjoy just as the adult area's are made specifically for adults to enjoy. Parents need to set good examples for their kids and stop trying to "bend rules" to suite their own likes and dislikes. This is not Michigan, Nevada, or any other place where "kids are allowed to go into the bars with their families" as one person wrote. This is the DISNEY CRUISE LINE and they have their own rules and regulations and if you cannot abide by the rules on the ship then you need to think of going on a different type of vacation.
I can think of several instances where Disney tends to bend the rules. Age is not one of them on the ships but if you don't live and breathe on the DCL boards, you wouldn't know that. So even without the OP asking people not to attack, it's a reasonable question. In my experience, people who tell everyone else how they should be parenting are the ones who should look in the mirror.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #38
Spectrum
Mouseketeer

I thought if you were 18+ you were allowed in the clubs and bars but just could not have a drink. I went to Skyline on the Fantasy with my niece (18) and her friend (19) and they were both asked to leave. The waiter said it was 21+ to be in there. That was news to me. Especially since the night before they were served soft drinks.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #39
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I can think of several instances where Disney tends to bend the rules. Age is not one of them on the ships but if you don't live and breathe on the DCL boards, you wouldn't know that. So even without the OP asking people not to attack, it's a reasonable question. In my experience, people who tell everyone else how they should be parenting are the ones who should look in the mirror.
Agreed. Too many people on these boards think that everyone lives and breathes DCL. The kids' club is an example where the rules state 3+ but they will allow a 2y9m if there is room and the child is potty trained. It's not unreasonable to think that a 17 year old accompanied by legal guardians may be let in. This should be a board where people can freely ask questions and get them politely answered.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #40
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa S View Post
Agreed. Too many people on these boards think that everyone lives and breathes DCL. The kids' club is an example where the rules state 3+ but they will allow a 2y9m if there is room and the child is potty trained. It's not unreasonable to think that a 17 year old accompanied by legal guardians may be let in. This should be a board where people can freely ask questions and get them politely answered.
I haven't seen anyone 'attack' the OP at all. Nobody has been rude and I hope it stays that way. Just because people have a different opinion doesn't mean they're attacking someone.
The OP asked a question knowing that it was likely to cause some people to raise an opposing view.
Matters not if you are a DCL fan or a hater, they make the rule that it's over 18's so we should all stick to it and stop trying to make the rules suit our own needs. I included the childrens clubs in my earlier post .. I have no idea why people would want to bend rules to suit their own needs when DCL make it perfectly clear what the age groups are.

If I'm speeding in my car, I dont ask the officer to let me get away with it because it was 'only just' over. That may not be the best example, but I truly do not get why people push the boundaries.

If we all push to bend the rules, I can only see it ending up with no adult only areas as teens would be allowed in, no specific smoking areas .. it would just be anywhere and everywhere, men allowed to have bare chests and women wearing thong bikinis at dinner. Far fetched to reach that point, but is it?
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #41
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa S

Thanks guys!! . I really wasn't trying to start any trouble. I appreciate you guys understanding were I was coming from. .
Old 02-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #42
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec

Old 02-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #43
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

The OP's question was a legitimate one and she has gotten the info she requested. I am now closing the thread.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: