Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #196
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellester View Post
Ha! My mother has TONS of friends who think she is just the best thing ever. I am always hearing how great she is...
ok but are they REAL

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:49 AM   #197
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBDS View Post
She has friends?!

Yes, she has friends because she is one way in front of others and a different way in front of me. I told her that she is welcomed to do that...in 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellester View Post
Ha! My mother has TONS of friends who think she is just the best thing ever. I am always hearing how great she is...

Right there with you! I do love my mom, I really do. But as a close family friend once said, some people are hard to love.
I hear that same thing about mine...strange, hmmm? Indeed she has many thorns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
ok but are they REAL

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 03:37 AM   #198
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
Yes, she has friends because she is one way in front of others and a different way in front of me. I told her that she is welcomed to do that.

I have this situation with my father. He is a retired cop and every time I run into one (not literally ) they tell me how wonderful he always was to them. I finally got so sick of hearing it that one time I told someone he must have been a different person at work than he was at home.
Carnival Holiday-1992,NCL Norway-1996,Carnival Ecstasy-1998,Carnival Tropicale-1999,RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2001,RCCL Mariner of the Seas- 2004,HAL Zuiderdam-2004,HAL Westerdam-February 2007,Disney Magic-April 2007.Carnival Liberty-May 2008,DCL Fantasy- May 2012, CCL Freedom-Aug 2012, DCL Fantasy April 2013,NCL Jewel-Aug 2014, DCL Wonder Sept. 2014, CCL Liberty Oct 2014, Nov 2014 (B2B) RCCL Enchantment Nov 2014
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #199
jodical
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you enjoyed your "lemonade"! I was so glad to hear it!

Nothing in this life is easy and happiness should never be taken for granted - you've just got more of a daily reminder than some other folks.

Best of luck with your solo (sans mom) cruise planning!

Disney Fantasy Nov. 2012

Trying to decide what our next Disney trip will be...
jodical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #200
Cisco0214
Earning My Ears

How did the four year old do in the kids club not being completely toilet trained? How did the sleeping arrangements work out was he able to sleep with u
Cisco0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #201
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagram View Post
I have this situation with my father. He is a retired cop and every time I run into one (not literally ) they tell me how wonderful he always was to them. I finally got so sick of hearing it that one time I told someone he must have been a different person at work than he was at home.
I have said this same thing, too! Guess one day I had enough and I told her friend that, and she looked at me puzzled. I realized then that it was something they couldn't comprehend, lol. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodical View Post
Sounds like you enjoyed your "lemonade"! I was so glad to hear it!

Nothing in this life is easy and happiness should never be taken for granted - you've just got more of a daily reminder than some other folks.

Best of luck with your solo (sans mom) cruise planning!
Thanks! Yes, the kids and I are excited, but I do hear my mother chiming about wanting to come...I have made sure to let her know that this is not for her...just the kids and I, but maybe in 2015 with her friend we can all go. She seems to be in agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco0214 View Post
How did the four year old do in the kids club not being completely toilet trained? How did the sleeping arrangements work out was he able to sleep with u
Oh, well my son didn't go to the kids club because he's still not 100% on his own potty-wise, it's about 96%? He doesn't soil himself, and he can pull pants up and down (sometimes backwards) and he can wipe and can flush...it's just that he cannot fully clean #2's and he has a habit of pulling ALL the toilet paper on to the floor and then wanting to put it into the toilet. That's what we are working on. He did well and loved our daily walks around deck 10 & 4. He got to meet characters that were walking around as well, and he got tired out early and slept early. DD also didn't go to tween club, even though I encouraged her. She said she didn't wanna miss something we were doing (which was not that much, lol) I guess they like being around their old momma (me) lol.

Mother took the pull-out couch and my DD took the bunk, and DS and I took the bed. Except that she would keep laying in it whenever I was ready to sleep, and didn't wanna move or share the remote. At times, my DD came and slept with DS and I since we would watch a late movie and just turn the self timer on the TV.

Last edited by violetmonarch; 02-12-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #202
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
I think we are splitting hairs. If OP didn't want mom to go, she should have told her. Here's a thought: how about saying the room she booked for her and the kids didn't have room for another person. Problem solved!

Mike
Wow...mike, you are right up there with a root canal. You've Managed to insert yourself and contradict most of what's being said by OP and others.

You seem to think you have an answer for everything, you must be miserable to travel with.

Dream 2/24/13
ellensfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #203
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I have said this same thing, too! Guess one day I had enough and I told her friend that, and she looked at me puzzled. I realized then that it was something they couldn't comprehend, lol. Oh well.

Thanks! Yes, the kids and I are excited, but I do hear my mother chiming about wanting to come...I have made sure to let her know that this is not for her...just the kids and I, but maybe in 2015 with her friend we can all go. She seems to be in agreement.

Oh, well my son didn't go to the kids club because he's still not 100% on his own potty-wise, it's about 96%? He doesn't soil himself, and he can pull pants up and down (sometimes backwards) and he can wipe and can flush...it's just that he cannot fully clean #2's and he has a habit of pulling ALL the toilet paper on to the floor and then wanting to put it into the toilet. That's what we are working on. He did well and loved our daily walks around deck 10 & 4. He got to meet characters that were walking around as well, and he got tired out early and slept early. DD also didn't go to tween club, even though I encouraged her. She said she didn't wanna miss something we were doing (which was not that much, lol) I guess they like being around their old momma (me) lol.

Mother took the pull-out couch and my DD took the bunk, and DS and I took the bed. Except that she would keep laying in it whenever I was ready to sleep, and didn't wanna move or share the remote. At times, my DD came and slept with DS and I since we would watch a late movie and just turn the self timer on the TV.
I'm so sorry for what you are going thru. I seem to have the identical mother, and if I silently complain, I am told the same crap that MIKE stated. Seems everyone else just adores her...all that really means is she is an expert at deceiving others...lol! I finally just decided she'll never change and I don't have to "like" her highness. My goal is to remain pleasant, speak up if I'm being taken advantage of (or you're sending your children the wrong message) and try to tolerate her during holidays....etc..I honestly believe if you FORCE yourself during her/your lifetime you'll only end up being resentful after they pass.

Dream 2/24/13
ellensfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #204
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellensfamily View Post
I'm so sorry for what you are going thru. I seem to have the identical mother, and if I silently complain, I am told the same crap that MIKE stated. Seems everyone else just adores her...all that really means is she is an expert at deceiving others...lol! I finally just decided she'll never change and I don't have to "like" her highness. My goal is to remain pleasant, speak up if I'm being taken advantage of (or you're sending your children the wrong message) and try to tolerate her during holidays....etc..I honestly believe if you FORCE yourself during her/your lifetime you'll only end up being resentful after they pass.
LOL, my mother's twin?

Yeah, that sounds like the same as here...but thankfully I have friends that help me get by and encourage me as well as the majority of the encouragement here. It helps in rebounding faster from her flaming arrows shot at me. She made a comment today that lets me know now that she does not ever intend on sharing a room with the kids and I again. YAY!
I love my mother, really..but from afar

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: