Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
iujen94
Mouseketeer

Loterie Farm (St. Martin) with 7 and 9 year old?

DH and I are taking our boys (who will be 7 and 9) on their first cruise in June. St. Martin is one of our stops, and I've been looking at Loterie Farm as an option as a way to spend out day. I know that my boys are too small to do the main ropes course, but the Loterie Farm website mentioned the Ti-Tarzan course for younger kids (recommended for ages 5-7). The website also indicates that parents can go with their kids on this course.

I'm hoping someone here has experience and can answer some questions -

Is it worth it to go to Loterie Farm just to do Ti-Tarzan and not the "main" course (we wouldn't want to do the main course without our kids even if it were logistically possible)?

Will this be fun and adventurous enough for a 7-9 year old? I was kind of surprised by the 5-7 year old age recommendation.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!
iujen94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
antlawn
Mouseketeer

Re Loterie Farm

My daughters family did this last July and LOVED it! Daughter went with 4 (almost 5 yr old) on kids course, then went to the adult course, while granddaughter sat with me. Another group with kids came up and the "guide"(?) let the (4 yo) granddaughter go again with them. She was ecstatic! My daughter, son-in-law and older (14) granddaughter, had a blast doing the intermediate course. They wanted to do the BIG one, but you have to be 18, so they all stuck to the same one. Y'all will enjoy it.
antlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
racingfandj
Mouseketeer

Hi, IUJen, I'm AntLawn's daughter. We loved Loterie Farm. The course will probably only take the boys 30-45 minutes, but it's a ton of fun. I've loaded some pics of my DD on the course to give you an idea. She was just shy of 5 and was right at the 47" limit for the course.

http://s153.beta.photobucket.com/use...y/St%20Maarten

I didn't know and didn't ask, so assumed and paid to go through with her. It was fun and I was able to get good pictures of her that way, but I think the guide would have taken her by herself and let me either hang at the treehouse or go on the other course with DH and my niece. I'm not sure, but it may be possible to walk in area below them so you could get pictures while they're doing the course too. Definitely worth asking if you're not interested in doing the course with the boys.
Disney Magic - November 2013
Disney Magic - January 2014
Disney Fantasy - June/July 2014

Anxiously Waiting for
Wonder - November 2014
Wonder - May 2015
Dream - November 2015
racingfandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

My 7 and 9 year olds are afraid the Tarzan course will be kind of boring. How tall do you have to be to do the intermediate course and is it worth it if we can't to the tree-tip one?

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: