Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #2656
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Hi there

I have been following along your adventures and your photography is wonderful - just love your pictures.

I will be seeing World of Colour for the first time in June, so your pics are getting me very excited to see it in person.

Thanks for letting me have my Disney fix.
Hi disneykiwi,

Thank you for checking out my trip report and glad that you are enjoying the pictures.

Nice to hear that you will be seeing WoC in June for the first time. You will enjoy the show a lot and you can check out the World of Color Superthread which will tell you everything about the show and where to watch it.

Thank you.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #2657
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – November 17, 2012 – Part 22

Day 2 – November 17, 2012 – Part 22

Now more pictures of World of Color from that Saturday night on the 17th from our favorite spot in the blue section right in front of the fire hydrant.

PotC scene

Lion King scene

That’s it for this post and I will have more from WoC on another day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #2658
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

You got some really nice shots of WOC.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 AM   #2659
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I agree with Angela. Nice shots of WOC.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #2660
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
You got some really nice shots of WOC.
Thank you Angela.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I agree with Angela. Nice shots of WOC.
Thank you PiO.

More updates coming up shortly.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #2661
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – November 17, 2012 – Part 23

Now more pictures of World of Color from that Saturday night on the 17th from our favorite spot in the blue section right in front of the fire hydrant.

That’s it for this post and I will have more from WoC.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #2662
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – November 17, 2012 – Part 24

Day 2 – November 17, 2012 – Part 24

Of course at the end of WoC is the small ending show with the logo

When WoC was over, we had some time later that night until we had to come back at DCA to use our FP’s for Radiator Springs Racers. We got a 2nd pair of FP’s for RSR that day which was very nice and get to ride it at night.

We decided to head on back to DL to do some rides before we head on back to DCA. So we packed up all our stuff and head on out of the park like all the other people.

“Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks was going to start shortly so the two of us headed on out of the park and over to DL before it started sine there will be a lot of people watching the fireworks from MS.

We head on out of DCA and over to DL. My DA wanted to drop some of our stuff like my tripod and blanket back to the room since we will be going on rides that night. So she went back while I head on over to DL during the fireworks.

Over at the DL turnstiles, there were a lot of people entering the park as well as leaving the park. It took us quite some time to enter the park which is not surprising to us since the fireworks at DL was over and some people are going to DL to do some rides and other activities.

The Holiday decorations on top of the turnstiles that night.

When I got to DL, “Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks was playing and there was no good spot to watch the fireworks, so I just walked down on MS all the way towards Tomorrowland. It was a little busy that night with a lot of people watching Believe. I was right by the Astro Blaster to watch Believe. You can barely see the fireworks from this spot but able to see the fireworks that night.

“Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks was over and now I started to walk around DL to take pictures as much as I can before it was time to head on back to DCA to ride RSR.

That’s it for this post and I will have more from DL that night.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #2663
PrincessInOz
in

Seems like you're packing in quite a full day! I'd love to try RSR at night and hope that the crowds die down for September.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 02-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #2664
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Seems like you're packing in quite a full day! I'd love to try RSR at night and hope that the crowds die down for September.
We did quite a lot that night with all the rides, nighttime show and dinner at the Carthay Circle Restaurant. You will really love riding RSR at night where it makes it even more special to ride it. Even at night, the wait time was still in the 100+ minute wait time during the November trip and about 60+ in January. I would guess that it should be fine for you when you go in September.

The next post will be up shortly.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #2665
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – November 17, 2012 – Part 25

We have just watched World of Color that night and I was at Disneyland walking around until my DA joined up with me until we head on back towards Disney California Adventure and ride Radiator Springs Racers since we have FP’s that night. Believe…In Holiday Magic fireworks just have ended where I watched it from Tomorrowland right by the Astro Orbiter. Now let’s get back to the trip report and see what has happened that day.

Believe…In Holiday Magic fireworks just have ended and now I am in Tomorrowland walking around until it was time to head on back to DCA to use our FP’s that night for RSR. I walked around TL and over to FL where I want to get some more pictures of IASWH at night. I didn’t go towards MS since it was all packed with the guests watching the fireworks. The next best way to go to IASW Plaza is heading through TL and over to FL.

In TL, it was busy while rides like Space Mountain, Star Tours and Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage had quite long wait times around 9pm that night.

I walked on over towards IASW Plaza and saw the Holiday lights on the façade of IASWH. The lights are so amazing to see every time during the Holiday season especially during June which I was able to experience it again. After finishing up this trip report for November, I will get to the January trip report.

The nighttime show during the Holiday season on IASW was playing

The show was over and back to the regular lights on IASWH.

IASWH had a long line which was in the 30 minute range which is quite long that night.

After watching the show, I went on back towards Main Street to get some more pictures of the Holiday decorations on MS. While I was walking down, I still get the Christmas lights on the trees down IASW Plaza which is always neat to see every time.

After passing through FL, I was now back in MS. While I was walking down MS passed the Hub, I remembered from Sherry E that I should try the Peppermint Stick Ice Cream at Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor. I haven’t been to GB in ages since the only place I get dessert is at the Tiki Juice Bar for the Dole Whip Soft Serve. Man I really want to have a Dole Whip Soft Serve right now while I am writing my trip report. Sherry did mention to me a lot that I should get this during the Holiday season at DL which makes the Holiday season special. This was a great opportunity to get one since my DA is back at the room resting up until we head on over to DCA. So I head on over to GB and get the Peppermint Stik Ice Cream.

There was a long line at GB which is no surprise to me at night since there are a lot of guests getting ice cream. I do see it busy every night after the fireworks which most of the guests head on over. Mostly I go over to the Tiki Juice Bar to get a Dole Whip Soft Serve. But this time I am getting the Peppermint Stick Ice Cream.

While in GB, I got another tree for the tree quest

I ordered the Peppermint Stick Ice Cream which they had menu on the counter

I got the single scoop ice cream. It would have been nice if they have the AP discount for GB but they don’t offer it and I have to pay full in advance at GB.

Here is my picture of the ice cream. It was a Holiday Waffle Cone Flavor with Crushed Candy Cane with the Holiday Ice Cream Flavor Peppermint Stick.

When I first tried it, it was a little sweet and the crushed candy cane was a little hard to chew. It was a very nice flavor including the waffle cone which had a little chocolate and mostly crushed candy cane. I was glad to try the peppermint stick ice cream at GB. I would get it again when it is available during the Holiday season at DL. Once again, thank you Sherry E for the idea of getting the ice cream at DL.

After leaving GB with the peppermint stick ice cream, I sit on the curb right by GB and enjoying myself with the ice cream. There were a lot of people leaving while I was finishing my ice cream. I had plenty of time until it was time to go on over to DCA and meet up with my DA.

While I was almost finished with the peppermint stick ice cream, I head on over towards Sleeping Beauty Castle to get some more different pictures of the castle with the Holiday decorations.

I head on over towards the right hand side of the castle to get the different angles.

Snow White Grotto at night which is so great to look at especially with during the Holiday season

Now I was on the back side of SB Castle

After looking through the backside of SB Castle, it was time to head on out of DL and over to DCA since our FP’s are almost ready to be used that night.

It was around 9:40pm that night while I was walking on out of DL and over to DCA

A look at the Christmas tree on MS

Passing through the Fire House with the Christmas tree through the window replacing the lamp during the Holiday season

City Hall

Now leaving the park

I have now left the turnstiles over at DL and now back at the Esplanade and heading on over towards DCA.

My DA was also out right at the Esplanade and we met up and head on over to DCA.

We were now back at DCA and heading on over towards Cars Land to use our FP’s for RSR.

That’s it for this post and I will have more from DCA that night.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:48 AM   #2666
PrincessInOz
in

Beautiful night time shots. That ice cream looks great; but I am partial to the Dole Whip (and the float!).

Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #2667
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Beautiful night time shots. That ice cream looks great; but I am partial to the Dole Whip (and the float!).
Thank you PiO. The ice cream was great, but I just can't stop thinking about the Dole Whip Soft Serve.

The next post will be up shortly.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #2668
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – November 17, 2012 – Part 26

[FONT="Verdana"]Day 2  November 17, 2012  Part 26/FONT]

We left off at Disney California Adventure where I have joined up with my DA and going back to DCA to ride Radiator Springs Racers that night since we have FPs to use that night. I was just at Disneyland walking around the park at night like I usually do every time I am at DL. I also got the peppermint stick ice cream which is an exclusive ice cream during the Holiday season at DL. I really enjoyed the peppermint stick ice cream that night. Now back to DCA and we were heading on over to Cars Land.

We have just walked in at DCA and we are now heading on over to Cars Land to go on RSR that night. Before we head on over to CL, I had to stop at BVS to see the Christmas tree right by the Elias & Company store which is right across the street from the Carthay Circle Theater. All of the decorations on the tree were all unique which had DCA decorations. I really like the train around the tree which is my favorite.

The Christmas decorations on the tree

After looking at the Christmas decorations on the tree, we start heading on over to CL and ride RSR that night.

Once we got to CL, it was not that full while there were still some people at the land that night going on rides like Luigis Flying Tires and Maters Junkyard Jamboree.

The Christmas decorations around CL are so amazing to look at especially this time at night.

When we got to RSR, the wait time for the stand-by was at 70 minutes which was still long that night. But we were going through the FP queue where we got a 2nd pair of FPs for RSR that day. We went through the FP queue and got to the loading area in just 10 minutes which was really quick that night.

I have videotaped the ride through experience that night and I have uploaded this video in the past. I havent uploaded the video yet and I might not upload it since I have other videos of RSR.

For our ride experience, we got a green car and we were in the backside of the car which is okay but as always I would prefer to ride up front instead of going in the back. The part of the ride that we are always looking forward to is what store are we heading on over towards. It is Luigis or Ramones side. We were fortunate to go towards Luigis Casa Della Tires side which is the side that we always want to get.

There is me and my DA at the back of the green car

When we got off RSR, we started to head on out of DCA and head back to Best Western Anaheim Inn to call it for the night since we are tired after a long day at the park. The park was opened till 11pm that night which some of the guests were going to stay that late that night. But for us, it was time to head on back to the room and rest up for the next day. We also are leaving that night

The park was a little busy that night with some people staying at DCA while we were planning on going back to the room. On the way back, I got some more pictures of Cars Land on the way out.

We walked on the way out towards BVS and about to leave the park.

We left the park around 10:30pm that night and back to BWAI to call it for the night.

We were able to do a lot that day at the park where we got two FPs for RSR. Got to eat at the Carthay Circle Restaurant that night which my DA didnt like the plate that she had. We got to do our usual rides at DL and DCA that day (Soarin, TSMM, Mickeys Fun Wheel of Doom, Monorail, IASWH, HMH, etc.). We were a little disappointed that we werent able to get the Deluxe AP for my DA since the ticket she got from the Coca Cola contest during CL is not applicable to a AP upgrade.

So that day was over and now we are heading to the last day of the trip which is the saddest part of the trip.

P.S. The next post I am just going to write up what I have done that day since it is a usual last day where I always try to get some rides and pictures before we leave that day. It is the same thing over and over during my other trips. The reason why I am doing this is that I want to get to my January trip report which I am trying to get started.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #2669
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Beautiful pic!

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #2670
PrincessInOz
in

I love the close-ups of the christmas decorations. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great time at night on RSR.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: