Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #16
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Please excuse my ignorance (first cruise)
We are taking the Disney transport from WDW to the port for a 7 night on the Fantasy.
When we do online check-in, will we be given a PAT that takes in to consideration that we are on the Disney transport or will we have to choose a time for ourselves? If so, which slot will we choose? As we sail on 1st June, and are first timers, when can we do on- line check in?
Thanks for all your help xxx

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #17
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Please excuse my ignorance (first cruise)
We are taking the Disney transport from WDW to the port for a 7 night on the Fantasy.
When we do online check-in, will we be given a PAT that takes in to consideration that we are on the Disney transport or will we have to choose a time for ourselves? If so, which slot will we choose? As we sail on 1st June, and are first timers, when can we do on- line check in?
Thanks for all your help xxx
When you do your online check in you may select a PAT of whatever you wish (well, from the available open windows). The PAT when using DCL transfers is a little bit of a moot point, as you will enter the terminal when the bus get there (regardless of what time it is), but your boarding number that you get when you checkin at the port is tied to your PAT. An earlier PAT will give you a lower boarding number.

As first time cruisers your window for online checkin opens 75 days out from the cruise.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniman01 View Post
does the same go for boarding in Galveston. Is it better to get to Galveston closer to open boarding time, 12:30 or after?? We leave in 6 days on Magic.
Off the Majic in November out of Galveston. We arrived at the terminal about 12:30 and were able to walk right on the ship and going through customs and check-in. We are Platinum, but it was open boarding when we arrived at 12:30. The parking situation is a little different that Port Canaval. I would arrive about 30 minutes early if you desire to get on board quicker. I will be on the 15 February cruise out of Galveston again.

Hapy cruisng to you!

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #19
graysonsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacruiser

Off the Majic in November out of Galveston. We arrived at the terminal about 12:30 and were able to walk right on the ship and going through customs and check-in. We are Platinum, but it was open boarding when we arrived at 12:30. The parking situation is a little different that Port Canaval. I would arrive about 30 minutes early if you desire to get on board quicker. I will be on the 15 February cruise out of Galveston again.

Hapy cruisng to you!
Hey I'm gonna be cruising with ya Friday... I'm so confused how early to get there! Our PAT is 1200... I don't want to get there TOO early... But I want to enjoy EVERY minute possible!
graysonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: