Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran

This is so much work!!!

Trying to plan a Spring Break trip to someplace other than WDW! DL has come up as an option and I am stressing out! Can someone please help me? If we are going to spend big bucks to fly to Cali, we want to get all this in:

1) We may want to visit some relatives in San Diego.

2) We want to spend at least one additional non Disney day.....doing something....I don't know what. Not interested in the beach, Sea World, or San Diego Zoo. Probably not interested in Universal. Thinking some Hollywood / LA tourist type thing. Any suggestions appreciated.

3) Obviously: DL and DCA.

So, here are some of my questions:

Do we fly into SNA, shuttle and stay in a walkable DL hotel for our entire stay, renting a car for 2 "off" days sometime during the middle to the trip? 1 daytrip to San Diego, 1 daytrip to .......?

OR

Do we fly into one airport, change hotels, and fly out of another airport? I really don't like changing hotels, but I was thinking something along the lines of flying into LAX getting a car and nearby hotel, staying 1 night to do whatever it is we decide to do, then driving to DL area late the next day. Stay put 4 (?) nights. Check out, rent car, drive to San Diego to visit relatives, get hotel for 1 night and drive selves to airport (San Diego) the next day.

Or is there an option I'm missing?

Also, is 4 nights too little or too long for the Disney stuff?

How hard is renting a car going to be if we don't get a rental from the airport? I haven't rented a car while on vacation since 1993!

I have been researching / planning this all of about 24 hours, so I know almost nothing. If I can't pull this off, we will just be driving to WDW....again. I do want to go back, but I feel like we should take the kids somewhere else! We do long weekend trips closer to home, but our main family vacations have only been to WDW. Still Disney, but at least a different state!!

Thanks for any help or suggestions. I really need to book something quickly and am having a very hard time making decisions!
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: