Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #31
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at BC, AKL, and last trip we did a split stay between Poly and POR. We loved POR- though granted, my husband was not with us the last trip and he tends to be harder to please. We adored the Poly, but were not disappointed in POR. Ask for a ground level floor- we were at the front of a building (had a Royal room) and loved being able to open the door and let the kids play. Or it gave me a beautiful area to leave the kids inside watching tv and find a little peace and quiet. The grounds are just very Disney- so well done and beautiful. Kids loved the pool and the activities, a highlight of their trip. And you have to make time to take the boat to DtD.

We loved the AKL but it did feel a ways out there. The food options were wonderful. Both resorts have busses only to the parks, as you know. Unless the room is a savannah view, I would probably stay put at the POR. If it is, then.......

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
closetmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #32
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at GF, Poly, and WL before staying at POR. And we were very happy with our decision. It is a beautiful resort, we did the horse drawn carriage ride and loved it. We stayed in the mansions and when we told our driver this she took us through Alligator Bayou. We want to go back to POR and stay here because of all the vegetation. It's a beautiful resort to wander around, the walk to the FQ is very nice, the boat to DTD is handy, we had NO issues with the bus. But I'm sure transportation will be hit or miss where ever you stay.

I say give it a chance
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Off-site 2015, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #33
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJostar View Post
Leaving next week for POR. We have only stayed deluxe before. I am second guessing myself like crazy ( probably belong on the resort changers board). I have officially driven my DH so crazy that he will leave the room if I try to ask him a trip question. So my question is this, having only stayed at deluxes and DVC resorts, will POR be a let down? Should I pay an extra $300 for AkL or an extra $800 for WL? Help!
beautiful resort, but my only way to stay there is preferred room ...cause otherwise its very big and you can be walking for a long time, not a fan of that after park days...and since they have the best food court and the best mercantile, and that inside bar I need to be near shop and sustenance
have a great time...
Beautiful resort (and I have stayed many deluxes and CL myself, still LOVE por!!)
Old 02-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #34
Flyerfan
Hockey lovin' OLTL addict with a deep desire for Disney

Oooh! You all have me wishing I was staying at POR this next stay. We love it there (have stayed twice in the past) and originally had reservations for May but decided to shell out more $$ and changed it to SSR. We had DVC for several years and got spoiled. BUT, now I'm wondering if we made the right decision. DH will kill me if I change it again. The reason we changed it was because we spend a bit more time at the resort than the parks and we love the balcony, kitchenette, sofa, etc. It feels less like a hotel room that way. Maybe not enough to justify the extra $$. I'm re-thinking this now.

OP....you won't be disappointed staying at POR. I'm just being a little picky at the moment.
Oct1989 Off site...Jan 1996 Dixie Landings...Jan 2006 POR....Dec 2006 POFQ...January 2008 SSR...Nov '08 OKW/Swan/SSR...Sept '09 BWV/YC....Nov '09 AKV/ SSR....July '10 SSR...Oct '10 HHI...Nov '11 SSR/BLT....May 2013 POR

Flyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #35
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

We were just at AKL club level for 4 nights and have been transferred to por and love it more.

Sept 2015 - Disney Wonder Hawaii
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Dec 2013 - Disneyland
May 2013 -Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean
March 2013 -AKL Jambo Studio & AKL Jambo Concierge, & POR Princess Room
March 2012 -Disney Wonder Mexico
March 2012 - Disneyland
May 2011 - Disney Wonder Alaska
Apr 2010 - Disneyland
Jan 2010 -Disneyland
Jan 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean
Jan 2009 - POFQ