Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
floridafreckles
Earning My Ears

Unhappy HELP!!! Camera is GONE!!!

I am making a desperate plea to anyone who was aboard the Disney Dream from Cape Canaveral,FL on Feb.3-7, 2012...I left my small turquoise Canon camera hanging on the hook of the left-hand stall of the women's restroom right outside floor 4 of the Walt Disney Theater after the 6:15 show. This happened on the very last day of our cruise! So that means, ALL of our pictures from the ENTIRE cruise was on that camera! I checked with Guest Services about half a dozen times that last night and again at the Lost and Found desk in the terminal when we returned to Fort Lauderdale. If anyone saw someone take it from that bathroom or if you or a family member took it to Guest Services...I would absolutely cry with happiness for a lead on our missing memories. I have been just sick about this since we got back 4 days ago
I am having such a hard time understanding who would intentionally take someone's camera full of memories for the mere $70 the camera itself is worth.
floridafreckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

I lost my camera in the Walt theatre one time. Someone did turn it in. Here's hoping someone will do the same for you

I didn't realize it until I ran into Pluto on Deck 10 while watching my son swim in the Mickey pool with the kids club (4/03 cruise). I said "where's my camera? OMG, where's my camera?" I told his handler I must have left it in the theater. Pluto looked at her and did a "write down" hand signal and she took my stateroom number. I got a call from Guest Services later that someone had turned it in.

I hope the same will happen to you....
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
floridafreckles
Earning My Ears

Talking Update!!!

Thank you PizzieDuster for your kind words. That was so sweet! (hugs back to you)
Also I wanted to update my post...Disney Cruise Line Lost and Found Dept called this morning. THEY FOUND MY CAMERA and are mailing it to me today!!!
Apparently it was turned in at Vibe. I broke down crying when the woman started describing a picture on the camera of me and my son making goofy faces at the camera!

I tell you what, this has restored my faith in people and reaffirmed my belief in Disney "Magic".
Happy Happy Day!
P.S. Thank you to all who took the time to read my post!
floridafreckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
kalel29
Dis Dad #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridafreckles View Post
Thank you PizzieDuster for your kind words. That was so sweet! (hugs back to you)
Also I wanted to update my post...Disney Cruise Line Lost and Found Dept called this morning. THEY FOUND MY CAMERA and are mailing it to me today!!!
Apparently it was turned in at Vibe. I broke down crying when the woman started describing a picture on the camera of me and my son making goofy faces at the camera!

I tell you what, this has restored my faith in people and reaffirmed my belief in Disney "Magic".
Happy Happy Day!
Awesome...Awesome. There's not a better feeling in the world than when you get back something important to you that you thought was lost forever.

Dis Dad Member #101
June 2002 - WDW, USO (Offsite), June 2004 - WDW, USO (Offsite), Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*), July 2010 - POR, June 2013 - Disney Cruise (Fantasy)
kalel29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Love it

I got chills reading that Disney found your camera and they are mailing it back to you. So wonderful. Amazing at that fast turnaround. Although I am sure you did not think it was fast.

That is what scares me with these new (although not new anymore) cameras. I remember on many years past Disney vacations - using rolls and rolls of 35mm film. I would keep them all in a zip lock bag back at our resort. At least if I had lost my camera, I would only be losing the current roll - all the others were save and sound back in our resort room. I think I might bring my laptop next cruise - it's small and I would have other uses for it also - and download my pictures once or twice.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Thats so awesome you are getting it back!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Happy Happy Day!
I am SO GLAD DCL found your camera! That is excellent! I know how important photos can be, and it's wonderful when something irreplaceable is returned to you!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
dleighb
Earning My Ears

I am so glad that you got your camera back! I cannot imagine how horrible it would be to lose all those pictures. This is one of the reasons why I lug my laptop on every vacation. I know it is extra weight, but my pictures are my souvenirs. So every night, I download that day to the laptop. I would be mortified to lose my camera. I know people think I'm crazy for that, but whatever I can do to try not to lose pictures. It's worth it.

So very happy that an honest person found it and turned it in. My heart hurt for you when I read your first post and rejoiced when I read it is being sent to you.
dleighb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:55 AM   #9
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Happy Happy Day!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

So happy for you!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
klass3
Mouseketeer

So happy to hear you'll have your camera back, but most importantly your pictures!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #11
ptisme
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad you got your camera back. I lost mine at DLR last June and was just heartsick. I didn't even care about the camera, I just wanted the SD card out of it. I went to lost and found and even called them a few times. Finally I wrote it off and figured someone decided my camera was better than theirs. Then in August I get a call from Lost and Found! They had found my camera! They mailed it back to me and I could not have been more happy. I cannot imagine all the cameras they have to go through at a place as big as DL or even WDW. Thankfully the ship is smaller and fewer things to go through so you got yours much sooner. Now, since this experience, I have several SD cards and either download pictures daily or use a new SD each day of our trips so if I loose the camera or the card goes bad for some reason, I don't loose the whole trips pictures.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Happy Happy Day!
If it was turned in at Vibe on the last night it's highly likely a teenager found your camera. Good kid!
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #13
ChristinaDK
Just like we dreeeeeaaaamm it

The first time we was in dlp and our first Disney vacation together, we lost the camera in the plane. With all the sd cards in the camera bag. And we got it back

ChristinaDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #14
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Happy Happy Day!
I am so glad you got it back.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #15
kristinanderic
DIS Veteran

I was on the same cruise, so glad you were able to get your camera back!!

~Numerous trips since 1982, lots of stays at Fort-wilderness~ ~Coronado Springs February 2000~ ~All Star Sports March 2002~ ~Pop Century January 2004~ ~Pop Century January 2007~ ~Pop Century February 2009~ ~DISNEY DREAM 2/13/2011!!!~

Upcoming Trips:
February 12, 2012 Pop Century!
February 3, 2013 Disney Dream!

kristinanderic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera dream canon lost

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: