Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
BWVPam
Loves being at WDW!

Totally Confused - Category 4E - Fantasy - May 2014

I hope someone can help me. I am really confused about booking a category 4E (Deluxe Family Verandah Stateroom) . Want a larger cabin because there are four of us (me, hubby, son-23 and daughter - 19) Have been told by travel agents that all of these rooms are the same size, but see on here that these rooms can be smaller because the verandah is larger. Help

BWVPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWVPam
I hope someone can help me. I am really confused about booking a category 4E (Deluxe Family Verandah Stateroom) . Want a larger cabin because there are four of us (me, hubby, son-23 and daughter - 19) Have been told by travel agents that all of these rooms are the same size, but see on here that these rooms can be smaller because the verandah is larger. Help
AFAIK a 4E is a recategorized Cat 5 because of the larger verandah. If you want a larger room go for 4A-D.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWVPam View Post
My understanding is that the 4E's were reclassified cat 5's because of the oversized verandah. They are the size room wise of a cat 5 room and sleep 3 or 4. The inside space is not increased just the verandah space. The 4D's and up are larger inside space.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWVPam View Post
The 4E rooms on the Dream and Fantasy are all on deck 5, some foward and some aft. All are the same size as category 5/6 rooms with extended verandahs. These rooms actually used to be category 5, but DCL reclassified them as cat 4s because of the desirability of the extended verandahs. I have stayed in one of these rooms and really enjoyed it, but we are a family of 3 and didn't need the extra inside space. I understand DCL's rationale behind reclassifying these rooms, but the "4" in front confuses a lot of people.

ETA: Not all of the 4Es have the upper pull-down berth. Ours (5162) didn't.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
kuhltiffany
Mouseketeer

We've had a 4E and a 4C. The 4C is bigger inside, might have a Murphy bed and has a round tub with rainfall shower. The 4E has a larger veranda, rectangular tub. We found the 4C much more comfortable with 4 of us, especially on a 7 day cruise...

kuhltiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
Timon

DIS Junkie

You need to get a new TA
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a 4e on our Jan. 12 Fantasy cruise. We had booked a category 6 VGT and were pleased with our stateroom, however,the inside of the stateroom is standard size. The extra room comes with the larger verandah. Bottom line, we liked the room but would never pay extra for it. Other than the larger verandah you're just getting a regular stateroom.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #8
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Queen
We stayed in a 4e on our Jan. 12 Fantasy cruise. We had booked a category 6 VGT and were pleased with our stateroom, however,the inside of the stateroom is standard size. The extra room comes with the larger verandah. Bottom line, we liked the room but would never pay extra for it. Other than the larger verandah you're just getting a regular stateroom.
You can't book a Cat 6 VGT. Either you had a VGT, which is a highly restricted non-refundable reduced rate that guarantees you a Cat 7 or higher, or you had a Cat 6 GTY, which is the same as a normal rate without restrictions prior to PIF date.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: