Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #76
welovebuzz2
Earning My Ears

Oceaneer Club/Lab- First Cruise

How long do most parents leave their kids in the Oceaneer Club/Lab each day? This is our first cruise and I just want to know what to expect on average.

Should we plan for our kids to eat dinner with us each night, or would they rather go to the kids clubs? Do you have to tell the waiter in advance or is it okay to have a bunch of empty seats if they decide last minute to go to kids club for dinner and play instead? Would LOVE some feedback from any personal experience.

Our son is 9, and our girls are triplet 6 year olds. Their cousins will be on board too, so they will be joining them in the kids clubs. They are generally fast eaters, so I don't know how long they will be interested in sitting at a table.

welovebuzz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #77
avinsmomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by welovebuzz2
How long do most parents leave their kids in the Oceaneer Club/Lab each day? This is our first cruise and I just want to know what to expect on average.

Should we plan for our kids to eat dinner with us each night, or would they rather go to the kids clubs? Do you have to tell the waiter in advance or is it okay to have a bunch of empty seats if they decide last minute to go to kids club for dinner and play instead? Would LOVE some feedback from any personal experience.

Our son is 9, and our girls are triplet 6 year olds. Their cousins will be on board too, so they will be joining them in the kids clubs. They are generally fast eaters, so I don't know how long they will be interested in sitting at a table.
This is our first cruise with a kiddo so I can't answer this question. You might try posting it on the main forum though Happy Sailing!
avinsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #78
rewhitingjr
Living the Disney Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by welovebuzz2 View Post

Last May on the Dream, my grandkids determined their length of stay in Oceaneer Club / Lab each day. My oldest (10 years) spent little time in the Club / Lab whereas my youngest (5 years) spent all the time she could in the Club / Lab. They will page you if your child wants to leave Club / Lab.

Your DCL servers are very accomodating to children. It doesn't matter to them if your children join you for dinner or not.

If requested, they will bring out the kids food first with your appetizers and a counselor from the clubs will collect the kids and take them to the Club / Lab for you. They only do this for the second seating.

Last edited by rewhitingjr; 02-12-2013 at 10:47 AM.
rewhitingjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #79
JamiT
Earning My Ears

Facebook

Can someone post the link to FB? I tried doing a search and couldn't find you and the link wasn't working in the previous posts. I am on Facebook way too much as it is so that is a great option for me!

Jamie
JamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #80
avinsmomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiT
Can someone post the link to FB? I tried doing a search and couldn't find you and the link wasn't working in the previous posts. I am on Facebook way too much as it is so that is a great option for me!
I think this may be because we switched to a secret group vs. a closed group. I will switch it back, please try clicking one of the links above later this evening. If that still doesn't work please let me know.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #81
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinsmomma View Post
I think this may be because we switched to a secret group vs. a closed group. I will switch it back, please try clicking one of the links above later this evening. If that still doesn't work please let me know.
You can keep it as a secret group, and add people to the group once they friend you. That way everyone in the world can't see that we will all be on vacation from April 20-26, 2013.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #82
avinsmomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You can keep it as a secret group, and add people to the group once they friend you. That way everyone in the world can't see that we will all be on vacation from April 20-26, 2013.
I truly appreciate safety concerns, which is why I prefer not to "friend" each member of the group as I reserve my Facebook for close friends and family only and keep my privacy setting to the most restrictive settings. At this time I am going to leave the Facebook group as "closed" but would be more than happy to transfer my administrative rights to someone else who is willing to "friend' each of person to keep the settings as "secret".
Old 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #83
JamiT
Earning My Ears

Thanks I found it and sent my request. As for safety I can understand - we can change the name of the group so it doesn't reflect the dates of our vacation. As a closed group anyone can see the group if found in a search and who's in it but only members see posts.

Jamie
JamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #84
Momof2boys1grl
Earning My Ears

Super Excited Sailing on the Magic 4-20-13

We are a family of 5, 2 boys 16 and 8 and a daughter 14, on our very first cruise ever! I am very interested in learning about and joining the Fish Extender Activity. Will someone please tell me about it or where I can get information on it.

Thanks~
Momof2boys1grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #85
Momof2boys1grl
Earning My Ears

How do I put my ticker on here? I made one but do not know how to see it. LOL Thanks!
Momof2boys1grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #86
avinsmomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2boys1grl
We are a family of 5, 2 boys 16 and 8 and a daughter 14, on our very first cruise ever! I am very interested in learning about and joining the Fish Extender Activity. Will someone please tell me about it or where I can get information on it.

Thanks~
If you read the previous posts here you will find a link to sign up for the Fish Extender and our facebook page if you are interested. There are tons of great ideas on fish extenders and gifts on the DISboards if you do a search. There is also a link on the cruise facebook page to another facebook page all about Fish Extenders, from how to make them to where to buy supplies to make gifts and more.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #87
MomforN
Earning My Ears

Personal Navigators

Has anyone been able to find Navigators for our cruise?

I have heard some people post them online after their cruises sometimes but I am not having any luck finding them.
MomforN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #88
avinsmomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomforN
Has anyone been able to find Navigators for our cruise?

I have heard some people post them online after their cruises sometimes but I am not having any luck finding them.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm
Old 02-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #89
pmccorm1
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender

Hi there... We have just booked our 3rd Disney Cruise.. And wondering why I am just now hearing about Fish Extender ??? This sounds like so much fun, but I have no idea where to start or where to ask my questions.. Any tips would be appreciated!!!
pmccorm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #90
avinsmomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccorm1
Hi there... We have just booked our 3rd Disney Cruise.. And wondering why I am just now hearing about Fish Extender ??? This sounds like so much fun, but I have no idea where to start or where to ask my questions.. Any tips would be appreciated!!!
In previous posts you'll find the link to our exchange. As for ideas, searching the DISboards, pinterest, or the Fish Extender facebook page will give you tons of ideas! Welcome aboard!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: