Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #31
NC State
DIS Veteran

I would love to do the 5K in Sept, where can I find out more information about it?

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #32
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Hi Michele!

I haven't been on the DLR trip forum for a good while...how are things going?

If I had an overall trip report for this whole trip that commences tomorrow, I'd probably name it "this would be easier if Orlando had a Trader Joe's".

There are just things we need that feel a lot easier to buy here at TJ and transport cross country. Things we can get there...it's not like Emergen-C and cashews don't exist in Orlando. But it's a lot more expensive at Whole Foods than at TJ, and I don't *know* what they have at Publix. Add to it the issue of no car until we're back on land, and it just becomes a mess of "where to put the pre-weighed/ziplocbaggied cashews, and if I put the packets of vitamin powder in *there* will it get the bag searched?

Exhausting.

And my upper lip is numb because I had it waxed for the first time ever, YOUCH. It's not red anymore, thank goodness. I had half my day's errands *after* that...whoops!

Well we leave tomorrow, and hopefully I won't have some horrid upper lip reaction overnight.

Get in after midnight, go to Port Orleans Riverside. Have the 6th to play, then take the official bus to the Port on the 7th, and there we are.
I love Trader Joe's it is one of my favorite stores. There is a new one in our area called Fresh and Easy. I am falling in love with it.

Ouch I hope your lip healed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Yay for Scotty!!!!!!!

I am typing from the Hard Rock Hotel. The guys are still sleeping and it's 10. I have been up since 6. But it's OK, they really needed the sleep.

The cruise was much much better than I thought it would be. Wait, that's not how I feel. How I feel, exactly, is that it was less annoying than I thought it would be. I'm a weird Disney fan...I just wanted the characters to go away lol.

I now understand why people want to know how their servers are doing and why they hope to get them again. If you like Indian food, the kitchen can make up some delicious curries etc. Great for those of us with different diets.

Concierge level was awesome and it would be painful to go without it lol. Thats even though I accidentally ate bacon that was inside and on top of (I thought it was onion) an "assorted bread" option in the lounge. Whoops.

I spent all day yesterday hoping that the ground would stop swaying. . And I am jealous of whoever is in "our" room right now.

The guys were first to meet JSparrow on Castaway. I did the 5K and my legs are still sore...ground is different than treadmill, and it is NOT perfectly flat out there! I would like to spend a week there, by the way. Lovely time.

Nassau, not so much. If I went there again I would get an excursion. We tried to walk around on our own but I didn't realize how nervous E would get about that. We didn't see much more than parliament and then basically turned around.

Anyway I am on an iPad which isn't fun so I don't want to tell everything, but it was nice and we know that we all really like cruising, even if Mickey isn't on board. It would be great if we could get Ludovic and Leslie from the dining room to switch cruise lines, but if not, that's OK. E saw an ad for Oasis of the Seas last night and started yearning to be onboard that ship, so it's all good.

Kids program, by the way, was really enjoyed by the kidlet. He had a blast!

But I wouldn't do a three day cruise again. Too short. Unrelaxing for us, hence them sleeping the Universal day away! I am going to have to start singing about butter beer soon......
Thank you.

Your cruise sounds lovely. I love Indian style foods. I would cook lentils and curry related dishes all the time if I could get away with it.

My oldest daughter and I have been talking about going on a cruise together. Scotty has no interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
I would love to do the 5K in Sept, where can I find out more information about it?
Try this website.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #33
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
There's a thread on the Disney cruise forum here devoted to the castaway cay 5k. Very helpful! It's just a casual (and free) thing, but they do have bib numbers and a shirt (cotton) you can buy. And plastic "winner" medals for everyone, WHEN that particular ship has stock of them. Some ships have certificates, too. For me the bib number was the important thing, so the medal was just gravy. And I only just now remembered that some people have gotten certificates so that wasn't important to me either!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #34
silence
Missin' Mickey

I can't wait for your full trip report! Glad you enjoyed the cruise. We got spoiled by doing a 7 nt our first cruise, not sure we could ever do less!

Past Trips: Feb/Mar '14 - GCH Cheer Comp / Dec '13 - Candy Cane Inn / June '13 Candy Cane Inn / May 4 13 DCL FANTASY cruise and MK / Jan '13 GCH / July '12 DLH / April 1 '12 DISNEY CRUISE on the WONDER! / Feb 20 11 DISNEYCRUISE to MR and DISNEYLAND - Candy Cane Inn / Oct 10 - GCH / Nov 10 - HoJos / July 10 - HoJo's / July 09 - HoJo's & DLH / May 09 - HoJo's / April 09 - HoJo's & Candy Cane Inn / January 09 - HoJo's / November 08 - HoJo's / October 08 - HoJo's / Aug 08 - Desert Inn / May 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Mar 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Nov 07 - Ramada Inn Maingate / Sept 07 - Hawthorn Suites / May 07 - Paradise Pier / Aug 06 - HoJo / Dec 05 - DLH / May 03 - Hawthorn Suites / Sept 02 - Hilton Garden Inn / Nov 00 - Hilton Garden Inn / Sept 99 - Hawthorn Suites
silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #35
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Aha! There are separate PTR and TR areas here, so let me just copy and delete this post, and move it on over.....here.

And now the PTR is finished.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 02-25-2013 at 05:58 PM.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: