Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #3196
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle
hey yall we had james reveal party last night he is so excited. still has a smile on his face this morning ill try to link the new footage on here so yall can see. this is such an amazing oppurnity (didn't spell that right) for our kids and im so happy that all of us get to do it for our kids. just to let them be a kids for a week and not have to worry what the nest doctor visit holds. my husband was camera shy but ill try to link them.
http://nwahomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=403932
http://5newsonline.com/2013/02/10/fa...greatest-wish/
Awesome! :-)
Old 02-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #3197
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle View Post
hey yall we had james reveal party last night he is so excited. still has a smile on his face this morning ill try to link the new footage on here so yall can see. this is such an amazing oppurnity (didn't spell that right) for our kids and im so happy that all of us get to do it for our kids. just to let them be a kids for a week and not have to worry what the nest doctor visit holds. my husband was camera shy but ill try to link them.

You guys are going to have a great week Glad to hear the reveal party was so much fun!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #3198
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri21596 View Post
Yesterday was a long day...

Kara will be having surgery on the 20th to place a port in her chest, for a cycle of oral chemo and IV for at least a year. My husband and I have no idea what to expect Is there anyone else who has gone through this? Any advice???

Looking very forward to tomorrow though! Kara's "wish friends" are coming!

My daughter was 1 when her port was placed. She used to fight accessing but got better with time. We also used numbing cream. Since her port has been removed, she has had normal blood draws. She is 6 now and she sits there and lets them do it with no fighting.

I'm sure at first it will be uncomfortable but she will get 'used' to it.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #3199
Somer
Make-a-Wish Princess

Quote:
Congratualtions! Loved the videos!

Mommy to Jozlynn,8 HRHS,PAIVS,TS,PAS,PFO,ASD(heart defects) www.littlezippers.com
and Ariana,6 Heart Healthy!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #3200
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

@angelsmomma, Brook is doing great, her fever is gone, she ran one into friday night but has not had one since, Thank the Lord-Faith, is works wonders!
She will go for a recheck the Monday before we leave, the doctor told me that she felt sure that everything will be a go, but just wants to check her before we travel to Florida. I do not know if they will want to do blood work or not since her labs was good 3 days before she had her fever, I guess we will see.
She has allergies too,, she sneezes alot but they do not want to give her anything like Allegra because of her liver, so she takes Benedryl as needed.

Thanks for the prayers!!
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Old 02-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #3201
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hey yall we had james reveal party last night he is so excited. still has a smile on his face this morning
Glad you had a great time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
@angelsmomma, Brook is doing great, her fever is gone, she ran one into friday night but has not had one since, Thank the Lord-Faith, is works wonders!
So glad she's doing great

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
Old 02-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #3202
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle
That is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #3203
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

So fun to see and share in everyone's excitement! We did a countdown chain yesterday, 63 days until we go. Super excited! So at GTKW ou get a 3 day pass right to WDW? We were thinking of doing MK first day, Epcot one day then AK one day too. Do you suggest staying at the park all day and then watching fireworks? Or driving back and forth for a break in between? We aren't really a morning family so if we went mid morning could we last until fireworks? Our kids are 8 (wish kid), his twin and our daughter 11 but celebrating her 12 birthday while we are there. We will have rest days in between too. Also, I had TS ar MK but sounds like not great food t Liberty restaurant or Tonys. Should we just do CS? And if so where?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #3204
nuts4wdw
Have a disney day!!!

We got dates!!!!

So, we are super excited! We got Prescott's dates yesterday!!!! It seems so real now. We will be flying out on 5/31 and will be at GKTW till 6/6, then we are extending and flying home 6/9. It couldn't have better timing as Prescott had surgery and had to stay in the hospital longer due to complications last week. So, it was refreshing to have some good ol fashioned happiness delivered by phone! Yay!

Prescott's Make a Wish pre-trip!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #3205
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins
So fun to see and share in everyone's excitement! We did a countdown chain yesterday, 63 days until we go. Super excited! So at GTKW ou get a 3 day pass right to WDW? We were thinking of doing MK first day, Epcot one day then AK one day too. Do you suggest staying at the park all day and then watching fireworks? Or driving back and forth for a break in between? We aren't really a morning family so if we went mid morning could we last until fireworks? Our kids are 8 (wish kid), his twin and our daughter 11 but celebrating her 12 birthday while we are there. We will have rest days in between too. Also, I had TS ar MK but sounds like not great food t Liberty restaurant or Tonys. Should we just do CS? And if so where?
Yes, you will receive three day park hopper passes to Disney, 2 day park to park at Universal and one day passes to seaworld.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #3206
krystle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4wdw View Post
So, we are super excited! We got Prescott's dates yesterday!!!! It seems so real now. We will be flying out on 5/31 and will be at GKTW till 6/6, then we are extending and flying home 6/9. It couldn't have better timing as Prescott had surgery and had to stay in the hospital longer due to complications last week. So, it was refreshing to have some good ol fashioned happiness delivered by phone! Yay!
that is so exciting. It is so exciting to get the date n starts planning. So I have a questions our dates ate 17 to the 23 so we will moss a day at something any suggestions on how mix the days. How did yall extend ur days? Did u have to pay for different tickets n did u get to stay at gktw
Old 02-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #3207
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay for dates!!! We will be there the same time! June 2-8. What great timing to get your dates now!

Quote:
that is so exciting. It is so exciting to get the date n starts planning. So I have a questions our dates ate 17 to the 23 so we will moss a day at something any suggestions on how mix the days. How did yall extend ur days? Did u have to pay for different tickets n did u get to stay at gktw
Some chapters let you extend. Some do not. Ours is one that does not let you extend. I would ask whoever is in charge of granting your sons wish and ask them if extending is something you wanted to do.

This past week has been SO hard waiting for Trev's test results! I'm praying we can hold off on surgery at least another year. This is the closest we have come to him possibly needing his pulmonary valve conduit and it makes me anxious! Hopefully these will be baseline tests and he can wait a few more years for his next surgery!

I hope everyone going on there trips in the next few weeks has a magical time!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Old 02-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #3208
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins View Post
At MK there is a Wish lounge, same with Epcot. So if you needed a break you could go there, a CM gets you in and you can hang out. I have read some TRs on how their kids have even taken a little nap in there. They also have a restroom and water bottles. So if you took advantage of that, with the age of your kids, you could probably make it to fireworks.

Quote:
Like someone else said, some chapters allow it. I know ours does but we weren't going to do that. I know some people have saved some of their tickets for their extended days. So that allows them to take in more of what GKTW offers, as far as entertainment there and other park tickets they have (Legoland, Gatorland, Aquatica, Sea World, etc). And then use the WDW or Univeral after they chedkout of GKTW. You only stay at GKTW a week, typically, so people usually have to pay for a hotel. Their chapter will still pay for airfare, and food if they saved some of their provided money.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #3209
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
YEA for dates!!!

Question we are flying into Orlando on Saturday at 4pm and plan on going to MK for the evening. I realize this will be an expensive evening, but can't pass up the opportunity for the boys to ride a few rides. Should I go about trying to get a GAC for that night or just wear MAW shirts??
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #3210
kalimom6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
YEA for dates!!!

Question we are flying into Orlando on Saturday at 4pm and plan on going to MK for the evening. I realize this will be an expensive evening, but can't pass up the opportunity for the boys to ride a few rides. Should I go about trying to get a GAC for that night or just wear MAW shirts??
I would get a GAC as anyone can re-wear those shirts to try and get the benefits. Sad but true. Or buy them without any affiliation with MAW, to get the benefits.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: