Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #136
Luvin*Livvy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharper1496 View Post
I'm really torn on the BBB for that reason. I'm sure my daughter would love the experience but I can't see her lasting more than 20 minutes in that hair. My niece had it done on our first trip and she made it an hour before they had to take her back to the condo and let her shower. The hair gel/extensions combo was hot, sweaty and itchy.
Have her do The Pirate League Empress or Mermaid package! Much more comfortable, TONS of fun and a lot cheaper!

Mommy to Olivia (7) & Ava(4)*~*~

Our 2012 Trip Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTqhCZ9Y8Ds For mobile devices you can watch here: https://vimeo.com/59347155
Luvin*Livvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #137
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
I love watching little girls rock the second and third day of a BBB hairdo. They start to look like tiny demented killer ballerinas
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #138
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

If I am honest its a small world kind of freaks me out lol.

BBB

Turkey legs

So seeing a girl dressed from the BBB eating a turkey leg on its a small world would have me in therapy for months lol.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #139
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Illuminations. It's REALLY boring and it doesn't really make sense.

As for Fantasmic, I think DL's version of Fantasmic is 100x better and I think it's because of the viewing distance. There's no stadium for Fantasmic as at DHS, it's right on the Rivers of America and you're really close to all the action. In DHS, I feel you really need binoculars to see the characters.

Turkey Legs for me as well.. they just look gross and people eating them tend to look like cannibals. (They don't sell these in WDW, but I feel the same way about people who pay $6 for a giant pickle and eat that while walking around)

Last edited by Chuckers; 02-11-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Chuckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #140
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Don't like downtown Disney - feel it's a waste. If I'm not at a park, I would rather be relaxing at the resort.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #141
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
I love watching little girls rock the second and third day of a BBB hairdo. They start to look like tiny demented killer ballerinas, and it's absolutely adorable.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #142
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri0616 View Post
Deep breath...I don't get most of the results of BBB. I just think little girls look strange with makeup and hair pulled into a tight, uncomfortable bun. Princess dresses are adorable, but getting totally "dolled up" just seems weird.

Flame suit on.

Almost forgot...50's Prime Time. To be honest, we've never eaten there...we are afraid! I don't think my meek family would be able to enjoy their meal if faced with even the slightest possibility of being force fed or having to stand in the corner. I think my husband would tell someone to *bleep* off and we'd have to leave. Too bad...the decor actually looks like the kitchen his mom used to have! They should have a non-harassment section for weenies like us!!!!
I agree about BBB. The girls just look strange. Straight outta Toddlers and Tiaras. It really creeps me out. Plus, how miserable for the girls!!!

As far as the turkey legs - they gross me out, too. I agree with the slimy, meat dripping and hanging everywhere. I have tried 1 bite and it was like slimy bacon. So gross.

We, OTOH, love Boma (Zebra Domes), Ohana (keep the shrimp coming!), and Illuminations (I could watch it all day, every day...).

And 50's PT - ok food, love the schtick. To each his own.

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #143
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran

Geeze what's with all the turkey leg hate? I get everybody has their own tastes and preferences but people are actually offended to see others eating a turkey leg and a few wish they weren't sold at the park? One of you actually gets sick to your stomach watching someone eat them? Really people? Large turkey legs offend your delicate sensibilities that much?

If you see someone eating a turkey leg you could, I don't know, not stare at them and your problem would be solved rather than trying to ban them from the park.

It's a theme park people, not Victoria and Albert's. The main dining experience is a burger and fries not filet mignon and lobster tail. Finger foods are part of the experience. Deal with it.
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #144
Shelton123
Ahh girly drama *runs away*
yeah yeah yeah I know I'm so damn original blah blah blah
A zipline? What do you mean a zipline? That's preposterous; I thought everyone knew that she flies!

I agree with all of the BBB sentiments. I don't like Fantasmic as much as everyone else seems to but I still enjoy it. I don't really get Test Track either but I haven't been on the new one, I've only seen videos on YouTube, so maybe that would change my mind. Again, I enjoy Test Track but I don't quite understand why people go crazy for it or why it's as much of a headliner as, say, Mission Space or Splash Mountain or Everest.

Shelton123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #145
DisneyFave
Mouseketeer

1 - Animal Kingdom - I love the attractions, and that they seem to treat the animals with a lot of respect and care, but the theming feels too much like my local zoo (granted, we have a nice zoo). It doesn't have that Disney magic (especially in Dinoland! most of which looks like a town fair!), so I won't go there unless I have the PH option and can go somewhere else late in the day for some "magic." Not sure how they could increase the magic feel, though.

2 - Polynesian resort - awesome location and the grounds are gorgeous, but the rooms are no where near worth the price! I've paid $100 to stay at the WDW Hilton and had a more luxurious experience.

3 - Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Mania - I just can't get into these.

4 - Tiki Room - I think this one is sustained by nostalgia. I don't remember going to it as a child, so I'm pretty bored by it now. Cute though.

5 - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - just felt like a bunch of painted cardboard sets. It would be fine if the line wasn't so long.

6 - Mission Space - I still can't believe they got rid of Horizons (my favorite ride) for this one. It made me ill and claustrophobic.

7 - Test track (haven't been on the new one though)

Now if you wanted me to list the things I LOOOVE about Disney, it would be several pages long. I'm actually surprised by those who don't like 50s Prime Time. I had low expectations for the food, but it ended up being really delicious! And I love the stores at Downtown Disney, but I only use them to look up products to buy online for cheaper if I can And Fantasmic always blows me away. Love it!

2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
2013 - Grand Floridian / Polynesian
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
2010, 2012 - Hilton WDW
1996, 1998 - Dixie Landings / Poly
1993 - Holiday Inn

Last edited by DisneyFave; 02-11-2013 at 10:27 AM.
DisneyFave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #146
jenjordan
Earning My Ears

BBB. I "get" it, but the tight hair and the ones who try to walk around in their costume shoes all day - they just look so uncomfortable. The makeup is not my cup of tea either. I wish they put the kids in a more natural look.

I also agree with the PP about staying on-site. Packing 4 of us in an overpriced hotel room the size of a closet for over a week doesn't seem "magical" to me.

DH Me DD1 (14) DD2 (11)
jenjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #147
Safari Queen
Now 14 miles from my happy place.

I'm so grateful that people's "must do" things vary so much. Otherwise, it would be so much harder to do the things you love!

I don't get:

- Shopping all day at DTD. We love the AMC and Earl of Sandwich and Raglan Road is excellent. We're looking forward to visiting Splitsville and love to get treats at the Candy Cauldron, but I don't consider shopping recreational.
- Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex. I can visit them at local malls and compared with Disney attractions, the audioanimatronics look cheap and boring.

As for everything else, I may not be thrilled by it, but I understand why others enjoy it/them.

VWL Feb 04, OKW Oct 04, SSR Oct 04, BWV Dec 04, OKW Feb 05, BCV Sep 05, BWV Oct 05, BWV Dec 05, OKW Feb 06, BWV Nov 06, BCV Jan 07, BWV & DCL Apr 07, BWV Jun 07, F&W @ BWV Oct 07, AKL & OKW Jan 08, F&W @ AKV Oct 08, BWV Jan 09, AKL Concierge Nov 09; BCV & BWV Jan 10; BWV Oct 10; BWV Jan 11; Coronado Sp/AKL - Feb 12; BWV F&W Oct 12; AKL Oct 13
NEXT: F&W, Oct 14
Safari Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #148
disneydiva1313
Mouseketeer

Dole whips and turkey legs...I just don't get it.
disneydiva1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #149
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Soarin

It's a fun attraction but I wouldn't wait over 30 minutes for it.

Well I might if I just wanted to be inside out of the sun and had a book to read while I waited, but I've passed on it a couple of times when I didn't want to wait for the FP window or the standby line.

It is not so great that I can't skip it and I just don't get the 'gotta ride it' mindset. Maybe the first time, but not after that.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #150
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

I use to look at the lines of the Earl of Sandwich and not get it. Its just an overpriced sandwich right? That I have to wait inline for? So for years me & DW resisted thinking we don't get it Then one day me & DW said come on then lets see what we are missing.

On this occasion we are totally converted lol. I get it waiting in line with others. So you can be converted you know... :-)

In fact EOS is one of our favourites!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: