Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #391
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Thanks for asking this valee. We have a similar plan (arriving in LA on Saturday to get a glimpse of DL!) and have been looking at all the options.

How hard is it to transfer luggage via Supershuttle? I'm afraid Magical Express has us spoiled and are a little worried about getting our luggage to the shuttle. And we are staying at the Fairfield Inn at DL. Does this cause a problem? (I've NEVER been to LA)

I was looking at a towncar. It was showing @$90 for the one way trip. If that is for both wife and I doesn't sound too bad. But are there hidden cost? Im sure a taxi would be $$$$$$$$.........

Any more info would be greatly appreciated for this rookie taking a giant first cruise step on a B2B!
Transferring luggage with Supershuttle is easy. Your luggage is going on the same van as you are. The pick up for Supershuttle at LAX is right outside baggage claim and they drop you as close to the hotel door as they can get you.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #392
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Transferring luggage with Supershuttle is easy. Your luggage is going on the same van as you are. The pick up for Supershuttle at LAX is right outside baggage claim and they drop you as close to the hotel door as they can get you.

Corinna

Thanks Corinna. Guess we were just a little worried about carrying four large bags and carry-ons to get on Supershuttle. Sounds like they have room for the cargo so I guess we will rent one of those little buggies and haul our stuff their way.

MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #393
Spwhoney
Mouseketeer

Did the Wonder repo on its first run to Alaska. Had the time of my life. We took the Super shuttle from LAX and it was a piece of cake. Got to LAX very early and had to wait maybe 3 hours before boarding. Mentioned to the driver that we needed to eat and he was happy to stop at the Mc Donald's on the way. We bought him an orange juice and a little extra tip. Shuttle was right on time, it was pulling up as soon we walked out the door. Wish I was going on that repo again. Be sure to see Alcatraz in San Fran. Skip Saulsalito.
Spwhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #394
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Did anyone else get the confirmation letter from DCL today?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #395
COASTIEandMATE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Did anyone else get the confirmation letter from DCL today?
We got ours a couple of weeks ago! Maybe they thought the mail would be on a slow boat to the Islands?? Feels like it is getting closer now! Aloha, Karen and Ron
Old 02-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #396
dolphingirl47

I doubt we will get one this time round. Before our Galveston cruise, they sent us one for a family going on the December Panama Canal cruise and I had a bit of a go at them for a serious breach of Data Protection. Since then I have had nothing in the post from them apart from my cruise documents for our cruise last November.

Corinna
Old 02-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #397
calmom
Just a dream and a wind to carry me...

My sister and I are joining you guys! We have two connecting cabins, she is bringing both of her children (ages 6 & 4) and I am bringing 2 of my 6 (ages 3 & 7). My DH is taking our older boys on a Europe cruise so I thought I'd take the younger ones on this one, and then my sister decided to join us! I completed the form for FE. I organized them during our 2008 WB Panama Canal cruise so thank you to whoever is taking that on!! Does anyone know the order of the shows (which night is Golden Mickeys, etc)? Looking forward to having some fun very soon!
calmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #398
COASTIEandMATE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmom View Post
My sister and I are joining you guys! We have two connecting cabins, she is bringing both of her children (ages 6 & 4) and I am bringing 2 of my 6 (ages 3 & 7). My DH is taking our older boys on a Europe cruise so I thought I'd take the younger ones on this one, and then my sister decided to join us! I completed the form for FE. I organized them during our 2008 WB Panama Canal cruise so thank you to whoever is taking that on!! Does anyone know the order of the shows (which night is Golden Mickeys, etc)? Looking forward to having some fun very soon!
Aloha! Looking at my navigators from 2011 the shows were Day 2 Formal night Golden Mickeys, Friday Casual Pirates night, Saturday Semi-Formal Lobster Toy Story the Musical, Sunday Casual Disney Dreams -An Enchanted Classic, And Untill We Meet Again farewell in Atrium Lobby. Karen and Ron
Old 02-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #399
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Welcome on board. This looks like quite a small Fish Extender Exchange. I need to post another update about the numbers involved.

Corinna
Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #400
dolphingirl47

We now have 12 families taking part in the Fish Extender Exchange consisting of 25 adults (16 women and 9 men) and 13 kids (8 girls and 5 boys). The ages of the girls are 17, 5, 4, 5, 9, 3, 3 and 4 and the ages of the boys are 7, 13, 11, 3 and 6.

Corinna
Old 02-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #401
valee
Mouseketeer

The planner in me wants to know if I have this right:
20-May Los Angeles / Casual
21-May At Sea / Formal / Golden Mickeys
22-May San Francisco / Casual
23-May San Francisco / Casual
24-May At Sea / Casual / Pirate night
25-May At Sea / Semi-Formal (Lobster) / Toy Story the Musical
26-May Victoria / Casual / Disney Dreams -An Enchanted Classic, Until We Meet Again farewell.
27-May Vancouver
I haven't been able to find any Navigators online for this itinerary, so have been trying to compile the information that's been posted here.

Last edited by valee; 02-14-2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: re-Edited per input - thanks!
valee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #402
calmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by COASTIEandMATE View Post
Aloha! Looking at my navigators from 2011 the shows were Day 2 Formal night Golden Mickeys, Friday Casual Pirates night, Saturday Semi-Formal Lobster Toy Story the Musical, Sunday Casual Disney Dreams -An Enchanted Classic, And Untill We Meet Again farewell in Atrium Lobby. Karen and Ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by valee View Post
24-May At Sea / Casual / Pirates night
26-May Victoria / Casual / Disney Dreams -An Enchanted Classic, Until We Meet Again farewell.
27-May Vancouver
I haven't been able to find any Navigators online for this itinerary, so have been trying to compile the information that's been posted here.
Thank you! Very helpful to have this, I like to make my Palo plans around this.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #403
calmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
We now have 12 families taking part in the Fish Extender Exchange consisting of 25 adults (16 women and 9 men) and 13 kids (8 girls and 5 boys). The ages of the girls are 17, 5, 4, 5, 9, 3, 3 and 4 and the ages of the boys are 7, 13, 11, 3 and 6.

Corinna
Can you put us (Julie & Lisa - 2 cabins on deck 7) down for day 2? We are from San Francisco so we will do a SF theme FE gift. Also, we are from SF so feel free to ask away any questions, and if I can help out at all with reservations just let me know. By the way, there is a Giants day game while we are in port. We probably will pass since we can go anytime (unless we think we can get a big group??? I could see about group tickets, that could be fun!)
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #404
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by valee View Post
24-May At Sea / Casual / Pirates night
27-May Vancouver
I almost agree, but I think Pirates Night will be on May 23rd. With one exception on all my cruises Pirate Night was on a port day. I think the only exception was our Hawaii cruise.

Quote:
Can you put us (Julie & Lisa - 2 cabins on deck 7) down for day 2? We are from San Francisco so we will do a SF theme FE gift. Also, we are from SF so feel free to ask away any questions, and if I can help out at all with reservations just let me know. By the way, there is a Giants day game while we are in port. We probably will pass since we can go anytime (unless we think we can get a big group??? I could see about group tickets, that could be fun!)
There are no assigned days for this. You can deliver whenever it is convenient for you. As long as you have dropped off your gifts by 4:00 PM on the last full day, it is all good.

Corinna
Old 02-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #405
mrsa1993
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Also, we are from SF so feel free to ask away any questions, and if I can help out at all with reservations just let me know.
Since you asked... We want to go to Muir Woods one of the days we are in SF. We are trying to decided between doing a disney tour (cons would be cost and not enough time there and we'd like to stop at GGB for photos), renting a car, or using a local tour operation on our own. There are 7 of us (4 adults, a teen, a tween, and a preschooler). I have found 2 different local tour operations that seem to have semi-customizable trips to Muir Woods. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions on this. Thanks.

Glad you're bringing more kids too.
mrsa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: