Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #226
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
Way to make a Monday worse DCL :D
Man. So depressed now. Plus it is snowing again here. HATE Mondays.
__________________

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #227
Dizney73
DIS Veteran
 
Dizney73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 1,618,627 yards from Spaceship Earth!
Posts: 738

At least it will still give me something to do for the next "2 weeks"! I like having something Disney to plan! Gotta stay positive...
__________________
Check out our travels at http://w8tn4adventure.blogspot.com





Dizney73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #228
RedSox68
DIS Veteran
 
RedSox68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,524

Maybe it's a red herring and they're going to make an announcement ahead of time just to throw us off
__________________

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #229
MagicMe
DIS Veteran
 
MagicMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside Philly, PA
Posts: 4,201

Actually getting a bit fed up waiting! They made us wait and wait for the fall 2013 itineraries and then no WBTA. Now waiting and waiting for the summer/fall 2014 dates. Beginning to think they have some serious issues!
__________________
Melodie
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...


MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #230
RedSox68
DIS Veteran
 
RedSox68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Actually getting a bit fed up waiting! They made us wait and wait for the fall 2013 itineraries and then no WBTA. Now waiting and waiting for the summer/fall 2014 dates. Beginning to think they have some serious issues!
I 100% agree. In all the years I've been sailing Disney, I've never seen so much uncertainty and inability to make a decision as Disney has shown in the past two years. And then it seems once they announce the itinerary and people book, they keep tweeking it and messing up people's plans
__________________

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #231
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001
 
StephenKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,400

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Actually getting a bit fed up waiting! They made us wait and wait for the fall 2013 itineraries and then no WBTA. Now waiting and waiting for the summer/fall 2014 dates. Beginning to think they have some serious issues!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
I 100% agree. In all the years I've been sailing Disney, I've never seen so much uncertainty and inability to make a decision as Disney has shown in the past two years. And then it seems once they announce the itinerary and people book, they keep tweeking it and messing up people's plans

Given the repuatation that DCL loves to tell us that they really care about what we think, do we actually think they do. For me, no they don't because they should do this repeat customers, it's hard enough trying to balance and plan family commitments and vacations. They are probably laughing at us in Lake Buena Vista right now. Another own goal, well done DCL.
__________________
Stevie Kay Inverness, United Kingdom
StephenKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #232
Ltl Mermaid
Spreading Disney Magic with the push of a button
 
Ltl Mermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near the Original House of Mouse...Disneyland
Posts: 835

I could be wrong but RCCL doesn't appear to have their summer/fall dates out yet for 2014 either. Maybe DCL is just trying to be more in line with industry standard? Obviously I don't know but I do know that I'm my going to get so caught up in rumors next time. It only leads to me being disappointed! I actually woke up at 4am pacific time to see if anyhow had been released!!!! Rumors are fun to watch but I won't accept them as fact like I did this time
__________________
Hi from your friendly Disneyland Resort Cast Member!!
Ltl Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #233
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltl Mermaid View Post
I could be wrong but RCCL doesn't appear to have their summer/fall dates out yet for 2014 either. Maybe DCL is just trying to be more in line with industry standard? Obviously I don't know but I do know that I'm my going to get so caught up in rumors next time. It only leads to me being disappointed! I actually woke up at 4am pacific time to see if anyhow had been released!!!! Rumors are fun to watch but I won't accept them as fact like I did this time
Royal Caribbean is booking through August 2014, but the summer months are bookable only for 4 ships: Allure, Oasis, Explorer, and Grandeur. No Alaska or Europe itineraries have been released, and probably won't until March or April.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #234
darwinsrule
DIS Veteran
 
darwinsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltl Mermaid
I could be wrong but RCCL doesn't appear to have their summer/fall dates out yet for 2014 either. Maybe DCL is just trying to be more in line with industry standard? Obviously I don't know but I do know that I'm my going to get so caught up in rumors next time. It only leads to me being disappointed! I actually woke up at 4am pacific time to see if anyhow had been released!!!! Rumors are fun to watch but I won't accept them as fact like I did this time
As of yesterday Royal hadn't released the second half of 2014. Started thinking of another Bermuda cruise and couldn't get a price to compare with NCL who has released all of 2014.
__________________
______________
Aug'09 - WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge ** Aug'10 - WDW Wilderness Lodge ** Aug'10 Disney Wonder ** May'11 - WDW POFQ **
Aug'11 - WDW Yacht Club ** Aug'11 - Disney Dream (B2B) ** Aug' 12 - NCL Dawn (Bermuda) ** March'13 Disney Fantasy ** August'13 WDW AoA **
August'14 NCL Getaway ** March'15 Disney Wonder

Me DW DD10 DD6
darwinsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #235
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...
 
podsnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Posts: 6,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinsrule View Post
As of yesterday Royal hadn't released the second half of 2014. Started thinking of another Bermuda cruise and couldn't get a price to compare with NCL who has released all of 2014.
The explorer has Bermuda cruises out- if DCL won't be going back to NYC (which it seems like they won't) I think we will be trying NCL Breakaway to Bermuda in August 2014. We did Explorer 2 summers ago for 9 nights, and enjoyed it, but are looking for something different (too bad it wasn't Freedom- THAT we would have booked!). Not crazy about NCL, but I think there is a LOT onboard that my teenage sons would enjoy. I am just planning to add in the cost of the upcharge restaurants to my overall cruise $$$$. So sad, though- I really wanted to sail DCL out of NYC- and the Magic heading back to Europe (which is what it looks like is happening) is just not for us- I have a hard time justifying $5000 in airline tickets, KWIM?
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #236
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!
 
pequele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,169

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Man. So depressed now. Plus it is snowing again here. HATE Mondays.
yup we have snow, sleet, rain...such a mess. I was hoping to have a Magical day

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
The explorer has Bermuda cruises out- if DCL won't be going back to NYC (which it seems like they won't) I think we will be trying NCL Breakaway to Bermuda in August 2014. We did Explorer 2 summers ago for 9 nights, and enjoyed it, but are looking for something different (too bad it wasn't Freedom- THAT we would have booked!). Not crazy about NCL, but I think there is a LOT onboard that my teenage sons would enjoy. I am just planning to add in the cost of the upcharge restaurants to my overall cruise $$$$. So sad, though- I really wanted to sail DCL out of NYC- and the Magic heading back to Europe (which is what it looks like is happening) is just not for us- I have a hard time justifying $5000 in airline tickets, KWIM?
Is NCL the one charging for a lot of what used to be included (meals, drinks, shows)? Somewhere I read this (not on DIS) and I can't remember who it was. I'd like to skip them if possible! Cruises are supposed to include everything
__________________


_______________________________________________
DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #237
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran
 
lilpooh108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Depends on the moment
Posts: 4,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
yup we have snow, sleet, rain...such a mess. I was hoping to have a Magical day



Is NCL the one charging for a lot of what used to be included (meals, drinks, shows)? Somewhere I read this (not on DIS) and I can't remember who it was. I'd like to skip them if possible! Cruises are supposed to include everything
I think this is right. They have a ton of specialty restaurants. I didn't know that they charged for shows. That's where I draw the line. Seriously, then it's sort of just like a bus, or Southwest, or Easyjet but for cruises.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #238
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!
 
pequele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,169

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I think this is right. They have a ton of specialty restaurants. I didn't know that they charged for shows. That's where I draw the line. Seriously, then it's sort of just like a bus, or Southwest, or Easyjet but for cruises.
I could be wrong about the shows. This was an article written about the top 10 cruise lines or something like that and I remember saying I wanted to steer clear...then I forgot who I was supposed to steer clear of!
__________________


_______________________________________________
DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #239
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
I could be wrong about the shows. This was an article written about the top 10 cruise lines or something like that and I remember saying I wanted to steer clear...then I forgot who I was supposed to steer clear of!
Like most cruise lines (including DCL) - NCL has a number of specialty restaurants for an additional charge, but no one is forcing you to eat there. You could eat all of your meals in the dining room or buffet and drink the included beverages - and not pay a dime more. I haven't heard of NCL's shows costing extra.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #240
belle07
Mouseketeer
 
belle07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Like most cruise lines (including DCL) - NCL has a number of specialty restaurants for an additional charge, but no one is forcing you to eat there. You could eat all of your meals in the dining room or buffet and drink the included beverages - and not pay a dime more. I haven't heard of NCL's shows costing extra.
I think the Cirque Dreams show is extra.
__________________
belle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: