Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #2911
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
My sister got a king bed at POP with a roll away bed. There were 3 adults in the room. My aunt, grandma, and sister.
Values aren't allowed rollaways. I think it's firecode, so this surprises me.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #2912
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Rollaways are no longer allowed at the moderates now that they have gone to queen sized beds. The queens take up the allowed space for exiting the room.

Deluxes often allow rollaways because they room is bigger and the allowed room capacity is larger.

Values can sleep up to 4 and with the double beds there is room to have one while still leaving room to walk around them.

However they may have gotten a rollaway/king combo because they ran out of double rooms so the resort fixed it by offering a king with a rollaway instead of the standard 2 beds or because the king room had enough space to accomadate the rollaway with out impeading pathways to the exit. But I can't remember if it is an option when reserving.

Rollaways has always been on a first come basis so I think they discourage the practice.

You should probably call and ask, I don't think the website will give you enough options or explanations.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #2913
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Rollaways are no longer allowed at the moderates now that they have gone to queen sized beds. The queens take up the allowed space for exiting the room.
CBR still has double beds.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #2914
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
However they may have gotten a rollaway/king combo because they ran out of double rooms so the resort fixed it by offering a king with a rollaway instead of the standard 2 beds or because the king room had enough space to accomadate the rollaway with out impeading pathways to the exit. But I can't remember if it is an option when reserving.
You can't reserve a king size bed room at AoA or other value resorts - they are by request.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #2915
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
CBR still has double beds.
Hmm, didn't realize they had not made the switch when the others did. I have't stayed there and don't want to so I'm never on thier threads or info page.

Bet you could still request a rollaway there then.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #2916
PrincessShanShan
Mouseketeer

Maybe things have changed, but a few years ago my sister and her family were at ASMusic. They had two teens (boy and girl) and got a roll away. She and her dh had one bed, teen daughter the other, and teen son on the roll away. Having said that, she said they would never again squeeze a roll away in a value room!
Disneymoon Dec. 2006 BWV & Cont. Atrium Club
~December 22~
Living our happily ever after
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #2917
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl

Deluxes often allow rollaways because they room is bigger and the allowed room capacity is larger.

Values can sleep up to 4 and with the double beds there is room to have one while still leaving room to walk around them.

Rollaways has always been on a first come basis so I think they discourage the practice.

You should probably call and ask, I don't think the website will give you enough options or explanations.
It was out of the way. There was plenty of room to walk around and easy access to the exit. Maybe cause it was an accessable room is why there was more space. My aunt had to use her walker cause she just had knee replacement surgery.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #2918
ImTheMama
Earning My Ears

I am so excited that I just booked our trip for June. We will be staying at the AoA in a Lion King family suite. Is it true that some of the masters bedrooms have king beds? And what are the pool hours?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #2919
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

How "heated" are the heated pools? We will be there next month and are hoping to swim.

TIA!!

July 2006 DD6 & I ASMO,OKW,BWV
Dec. 2007 DD B-day Trip POR
Nov. 2010 Set Sail on the Wonder!!
March 2013 AoA
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #2920
cmsb
Earning My Ears

We just got back from AoA and loved it! The Cars suite was awesome and the resort itself is amazing. I think my kids were just as amazed by the resort as they were by the parks. The resort definitely helped to make our trip very magical!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #2921
cmsb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkarli View Post
How "heated" are the heated pools? We will be there next month and are hoping to swim.

TIA!!
We were just there last week. We only swam in the Nemo pool and I thought the water was pretty chilly. My kids didn't seem to mind, though!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #2922
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

Thanks cmsb!! That is what I was afraid of. We stayed onsite at Port Orleans Riverside a few years a ago around Christmas and it was too cold for us to get in, however, there were plenty of people in the pool. We are from Texas and it has to be pretty toasty before I will get in. But, the kids won't mind at all!
Can't wait!

THANKS!!

July 2006 DD6 & I ASMO,OKW,BWV
Dec. 2007 DD B-day Trip POR
Nov. 2010 Set Sail on the Wonder!!
March 2013 AoA
Old 02-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #2923
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

Water temp this morning was 80 degrees
Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #2924
travlnman1
Been there..done that..going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post
This is why we won't be using gift cards, they are just not trackable enough....sorry that happened to you!! That kinda thing can happen at home, work, school anywhere..
On the contrary. They are very trackable. I was able to find out in minutes with just a phone call, (not even knowing the numbers on the cards!) IF they were used, WHEN they were used and WHERE they were used. They then emailed me the copies of when and where the cards were used. I easily forwarded that info to the police.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #2925
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

Water temp this morning was 80 degrees

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: