Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

Best youth or teen diaper

Our DS is almost 6 but the size of a 10 year old and not toilet trained yet. We are trying different types of diapers now but any help would be appreciated. He is 49 inches and 72 lbs and has a long waist.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
joanchris
DIS Veteran

My daughter is a little taller but the same weight, TranquilityATN, size small and Molicare (super plus is what we use, extra absorbant) size small both fit well and plenty of room up high, we usually fold over an inch or two front and back.
2008 May--Flower and Garden Festival, (offsite)
2005 Oct--Food and Wine Festival, Contemporary
1992 Carribean Beach Resort
1972 or 1973(?) Contemporary

Wishgirl's WISHtrip report
joanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

You might also want to look into Goodnights. They are marketed for children with bed wetting issues, but work well or children with disabilities.
http://www.goodnites.com/

They come in male and female versions (with more absorbency in the correct place for each). They are pull up type style and come in sizes to fit up to clothing sizes 8-14 - up to 125 pounds.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

I remember I was so upset when they started making Goodnights smaller. Trust me, they did this years back, they restyled them, and my son was right on the edge of still fitting in them.

Then we went to the S/M Depends, and it was fine. (This tip is for later down the road of course, he is an adult and 160 pounds). Sometimes I get the womens instead of mens, they put more in the box (same price). Both work the same for DS, he only has an overnight BM situation, stays dry (somehow- it's a medical mystery).

And I take it off on my taxes as a medical expense.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
I remember I was so upset when they started making Goodnights smaller. Trust me, they did this years back, they restyled them, and my son was right on the edge of still fitting in them.

Then we went to the S/M Depends, and it was fine. (This tip is for later down the road of course, he is an adult and 160 pounds). Sometimes I get the womens instead of mens, they put more in the box (same price). Both work the same for DS, he only has an overnight BM situation, stays dry (somehow- it's a medical mystery).

And I take it off on my taxes as a medical expense.
I don't know why they get rid of Medium and combined everything else into 2 sizes.
The extra large do still fit my DD who is disabled, but she is pretty small - 5 feet tall and about 82 pounds.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

Thanks everyone we have tried the goodnights and they worked when he was shorter but he gets plumbers butt now with them!! We will try some of those brands. Love this forum!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
I don't know why they get rid of Medium and combined everything else into 2 sizes.
The extra large do still fit my DD who is disabled, but she is pretty small - 5 feet tall and about 82 pounds.
Prevail still makes a size small - it's Youth/Small Adult. That's what we currently use. DD is just over 4 ft tall and 60 lbs, and has no overnight control. She soaks through the Goodnights or any kid/teen product, those just aren't absorbent enough so we have to use "adult" brands. We've had good luck with both Prevail and Tena which I believe also has a Youth/Small Adult size though we haven't bought that brand for quite a while now so not sure.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

We are currently using Goodnights for our 9 year old, 82 pounds. We tried Curity pants but they leaked terribly plus when wearing certain clothes other children could tell she was wearing a diaper.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #9
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

I like huggies goodnights. My son is 9 and wears a size 10 pants. He wears the s-m pants. We have used the pampers brand under jams but they are very cheaply made on the sides and rip very easily. My oldest for a while had to use depends. I am sure your son would fit the huggies though.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #10
Midnightred
DIS Veteran

My son is 9 yo and 95 lbs. We use the Goodnights XL at night, but I feel like finding something roomier and more comfy to sleep in.

Midnightred
Midnightred is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: