Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Navigator for Galviston 8night Bahamian Cruise

Does anyone know where to find one?

I am trying to decide between a 5 day visit to the parks (which we have been to twice) and a short 3 day cruise...
or
the 8night Bahamian cruise out of Galviston & we get 1 day at the parks in that too, as well as 3 or 4 sailing days!

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas?

Oh, and we have NEVER cruised before!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom View Post
Does anyone know where to find one?

I am trying to decide between a 5 day visit to the parks (which we have been to twice) and a short 3 day cruise...
or
the 8night Bahamian cruise out of Galviston & we get 1 day at the parks in that too, as well as 3 or 4 sailing days!

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas?

Oh, and we have NEVER cruised before!

The first 8-nighter is still out to sea as we speak. There are a bunch of us anxiously waiting for those new Navigators!!

As far as which option to choose, that's hard to say since you've never cruised and wouldn't know what you're missing on a shorter cruise. But I can say that for DS & I, even a week is never long enough, and we are SO excited to have a "bonus night" on our upcoming cruise.

And while lots of people haven't been thrilled with the itinerary change, we are over the moon -- We get to board our favorite ship in the world, and sail to our two favorite places in the world!! Plus get lots of sea days, and I include Key West in with that. It's pretty much a dream itinerary for us.

We just alternate each year between cruise and parks. No WAY could we settle for a cruise that was only a few days, nor a WDW-only visit that was only a few days. But that's just us!! Only you know your family and which option they might prefer.

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 48) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (48)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
MickeyWatcher
Mouseketeer

I believe that the first cruise with this itinerary, sails on Jan 18th. I was looking for one to, before I booked our May 10th cruise.

I think that it comes down to what type of vacation you want. We have been to WDW several times, but have never cruised as a family (DW & I did W. Caribbean for honeymoon). We like the idea of being "at" Disney in a different way. Going to WDW for one day will be fine, since we plan to just do the top "to do" attractions for our family. For us it's the best of both, cruising & Disney.
POP-Oct 05; POP-May 08; WH-Oct 08; Portofino-Mar 09; WH-Aug 09; POP-Dec 10; WH-Jul 12; DCL-May 13

Disneyland
AP for 10 yrs. Way too many times to count!

DCL
Magic-May 13

Me DW DS DS DD
MickeyWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyWatcher View Post
I believe that the first cruise with this itinerary, sails on Jan 18th. I was looking for one to, before I booked our May 10th cruise.

You're very right! They're on the Western Caribbean itinerary right now. Bah! Now I have to wait even longer for the new Navigators.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

That makes since as to why I can't find one! Silly me never even thought of that!

My DD (12) really wants to do a cruise, but so much has changed at WDW since our last trip (2009) so I am torn on which - thats why we looked into land & cruise... but the cruise for 4 nights out of Port Canaveral is almost as much as the 8 night out of Galviston!!!

And for us too, the 8night out of Galviston is everything we WANT to do & many at sea days too!! My husband thinks that he will be bored on the ship though He was diagnosed with skin cancer last year (melanoma!) so he just won't lay out & relax.... therefore he thinks he will be bored! I have shown him the other navigators so he has an idea of what goes on while sailing, but still trying to convience him!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom View Post
That makes since as to why I can't find one! Silly me never even thought of that!

My DD (12) really wants to do a cruise, but so much has changed at WDW since our last trip (2009) so I am torn on which - thats why we looked into land & cruise... but the cruise for 4 nights out of Port Canaveral is almost as much as the 8 night out of Galviston!!!

And for us too, the 8night out of Galviston is everything we WANT to do & many at sea days too!! My husband thinks that he will be bored on the ship though He was diagnosed with skin cancer last year (melanoma!) so he just won't lay out & relax.... therefore he thinks he will be bored! I have shown him the other navigators so he has an idea of what goes on while sailing, but still trying to convience him!!!

We are on the 1/18 8-night Bahamian. I'm going to make it a point to save extras of all the Navigators.

We aren't lay in the sun kinda people either. There will be plenty to keep everyone busy. I'm also going to bring a few of the puzzles I've had set aside for a couple years just in case I run out of things I want to do more than a puzzle. It'd be a nice opportunity to work them without life getting in the way. I love to work puzzles. It's very relaxing for me.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #7
IFlossU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993

We are on the 1/18 8-night Bahamian. I'm going to make it a point to save extras of all the Navigators.

We aren't lay in the sun kinda people either. There will be plenty to keep everyone busy. I'm also going to bring a few of the puzzles I've had set aside for a couple years just in case I run out of things I want to do more than a puzzle. It'd be a nice opportunity to work them without life getting in the way. I love to work puzzles. It's very relaxing for me.
Please please please post your navigators when you return. We're on the March 1st sailing and would love to see the navigators. If you could also post the dining rotations that would be great as well. I'm curios if the do the standard LAP, APL, PLA rotations. Will be anxiously awaiting to read about your experience.

(38) (41) (5) (3)
IFlossU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
We are on the 1/18 8-night Bahamian. I'm going to make it a point to save extras of all the Navigators. :
I'm going to be stalking you then. I'll be on the March 1st cruise and I've been eagerly anticipating hearing all the details.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
Mikeyto_96
OKraysDisneySon

I'm on the 1/18 8nt as well. I plan to post a review upon our return.

Mikeyto_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #10
Gina

Many thanks in advance to those of you willing to feed our hunger for 8-night info!!

Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
MissAverysMomma
Earning My Ears

We are on the May sailing. Have the Navigators from the 1/18 sailing been posted yet? I can't wait!
MissAverysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #12
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAverysMomma View Post
We are on the May sailing. Have the Navigators from the 1/18 sailing been posted yet? I can't wait!
I have seen a few links of passwords & such of where to go & see them. Search the word Galveston & is a really long post (many pages) & someone posted a link & a password to see them.

I know that sweetpea also sent do the forum to post - but haven't seen them yet - watch for the DIS website to post them too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: