Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #16
pdwimmer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Hi...

Have traveled with a toddler, but never a baby. We will be bringing our 13 month old in June on the Magic.

(1) Do the servers provide pureed baby food? I've read about this but I don't know how to go about requesting this.

(2) Do I ask the head server?

(3) What can I ask for? Carrots pureed? Peaches?

(4) Do I order the night before for the entire next day (as I would allergy foods)?

(5) Does room service provide pureed food? Or strictly the dining room?

(6) Are bottle warmers provided for the cabin?

We're cruising Europe so I'll try my best to bring pouches but my luggage space is limited.

Thanks.
Just go to Babys R US and get a food grinder. It's small, portable, and easy to clean.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #17
coloradocutie
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the nurturme link! What an awesome idea for traveling!
coloradocutie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #18
erogers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi...

Have traveled with a toddler, but never a baby. We will be bringing our 13 month old in June on the Magic.

(1) Do the servers provide pureed baby food? I've read about this but I don't know how to go about requesting this.

(2) Do I ask the head server?

(3) What can I ask for? Carrots pureed? Peaches?

(4) Do I order the night before for the entire next day (as I would allergy foods)?

(5) Does room service provide pureed food? Or strictly the dining room?

(6) Are bottle warmers provided for the cabin?

We're cruising Europe so I'll try my best to bring pouches but my luggage space is limited.

Thanks.
We traveled in December on the Fantasy with our 9-month-old. Just ask your head server, and the dining room can puree anything your child likes. It takes less time if you tell your server the night before what you want for the following evening. They give you A LOT of puree (like an entire soup bowl), so I brought some "take and toss" containers for leftovers and kept them in the fridge in our room to use for lunch (or breakfast) the next day.

Guest services will provide bottle warmers, bottle sterilizers, a diaper genie, and distilled water for free.

Have a fun trip!!!

04/93, 03/95, 02/97, 03/99, 03/01, 05/07: Dixie Landings/POR
05/97, Grad Nite: All-Star Sports
12/12: DCL, Fantasy
erogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #19
amybethchristiansen
Mouseketeer

Ok, the pp did not ask what is best for her child or what she should be doing. She asked if DCL will provide pureed baby food. I shall answer that question:

YES! In the dining room, on the first night, you may have to wait a small amount of time because they won't know you want it until you ask for it. After that, the servers ask what you want for the next nights dinner. You tell them just what you want, and it will be ready. Like the pp mentioned, it is served in a soup bowl, so the quantity is MASSIVE! But, I would ask for chicken and greenbeans, or turkey and carrots, or beef and broccoli, and it would look just like regular baby food! It was awesome. My son ate better on the cruise than he ever did! I have no idea if room service would deliver because he really was only eating breakfast and dinner at the time. And for breakfast, the oatmeal packets were wonderful, as were tiny bits of the canned fruits they served.
amybethchristiansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #20
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybethchristiansen View Post
Ok, the pp did not ask what is best for her child or what she should be doing. She asked if DCL will provide pureed baby food. I shall answer that question:

YES! In the dining room, on the first night, you may have to wait a small amount of time because they won't know you want it until you ask for it. After that, the servers ask what you want for the next nights dinner. You tell them just what you want, and it will be ready. Like the pp mentioned, it is served in a soup bowl, so the quantity is MASSIVE! But, I would ask for chicken and greenbeans, or turkey and carrots, or beef and broccoli, and it would look just like regular baby food! It was awesome. My son ate better on the cruise than he ever did! I have no idea if room service would deliver because he really was only eating breakfast and dinner at the time. And for breakfast, the oatmeal packets were wonderful, as were tiny bits of the canned fruits they served.
Thank you thank you thank you! Exactly the info I was looking for.

Dumb question on the chicken & green beans, turkey & carrots. Do they just water blanch this? It's not the stuff off the kids' menu right? I'd think that'd be too greasy/salty for the baby....but just want to be sure.

And yea, the entire 1st page lecturing me on homemade foods/food grinders was tiring. I make baby food at home, but I can't on this particular trip. (Typically, we use our DVC just to have a kitchen for my kids when I'm on vacation.) Get over it people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erogers View Post
We traveled in December on the Fantasy with our 9-month-old. Just ask your head server, and the dining room can puree anything your child likes. It takes less time if you tell your server the night before what you want for the following evening. They give you A LOT of puree (like an entire soup bowl), so I brought some "take and toss" containers for leftovers and kept them in the fridge in our room to use for lunch (or breakfast) the next day.

Guest services will provide bottle warmers, bottle sterilizers, a diaper genie, and distilled water for free.

Have a fun trip!!!
Thank you for this info! I had no idea they also provide distilled water. I'll ask for this. Last time we were pouring bottled water into the sterilizer. Duh...kinda expensive
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #21
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you thank you thank you! Exactly the info I was looking for.

Dumb question on the chicken & green beans, turkey & carrots. Do they just water blanch this? It's not the stuff off the kids' menu right? I'd think that'd be too greasy/salty for the baby....but just want to be sure.

And yea, the entire 1st page lecturing me on homemade foods/food grinders was tiring. I make baby food at home, but I can't on this particular trip. (Typically, we use our DVC just to have a kitchen for my kids when I'm on vacation.) Get over it people.

Thank you for this info! I had no idea they also provide distilled water. I'll ask for this. Last time we were pouring bottled water into the sterilizer. Duh...kinda expensive
Just a quick note, the water onboard (from all souces: drink station, preparing food, making ice, out of the tap in your room) is processed the same way bottled water is (reverse osmosis and filtered). It's really good.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #22
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMermaid View Post
How old is the baby now? I just ask because my 11 month old hasn't eaten puréed food since 8-9 months, so it may be a non issue. She turns 1 next week and we plan to ditch the bottle soon. My son took purees longer, but still hardly after 10 months or so, although now at almost 2.5 he loves those pouches. I would bring those if the baby still eats a lot if purees food!
Hey, Are you Mermaid from MP? Did not realize you were going on a cruise too. Hard to believe M is 2.5 and your little one is 11 months. Hi from Siggy.

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #23
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Yep- Alaska in July! Super excited! Yeah- crazy, K will be 1 on Friday!

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #24
amybethchristiansen
Mouseketeer

I didn't ask how it was prepared, so I have NO idea! All I know is that my normally very fussy eater ate like a champ on that cruise! I assume that the meats were baked or broiled, and certainly not ground up chicken fingers, but I really have NO idea! I was just pleased he ate well!
amybethchristiansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #25
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

There are lots of foods that you can order that are naturally soft. Baked potato, mash soft fruits with a fork.(pear, watermelon, mango) I always find that chicken noodle soup can be fork mashed and works really well. Plus, there is oatmeal, etc. If you are doing more than whole foods by then, pancakes are super soft, scrambled eggs.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(10) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ SURPRISE little one born Aug. '13

MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #26
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather View Post
There are lots of foods that you can order that are naturally soft. Baked potato, mash soft fruits with a fork.(pear, watermelon, mango) I always find that chicken noodle soup can be fork mashed and works really well. Plus, there is oatmeal, etc. If you are doing more than whole foods by then, pancakes are super soft, scrambled eggs.
Thanks! Chicken noodle soup sounds like a great idea.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #27
WilsonsAfloat
Earning My Ears

Thanks for posting this. We'll be traveling with a 12 month old in October and I was wondering the same thing.

Question - what are your plans for breakfast and lunches? And will you be bringing snack items along (i.e. Cheerios, yogurt bites, etc.)? TIA.

Also - for BF babies who will be staying in the nursery at least one of the evenings, are you leaving a bottle? If so, will you be carrying a hand pump? I'm trying to decide if I'll need one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: