DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Does anybody have any idea how much a day rental would be at Aulani? Also, do you think Dole Plantation, North Shore, and PCC would be doable in a day?
Does Aulani (or Marriott), have an onsite Luau? Prices, if so?

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #17
donkthemagicllama
My DW would really like to visit a mall...
I was just playing around

The onsite rental agency for aulani is Alamo. Goto Alamo.com and use HNLR72 as your pickup and drop off location to price it out.

I'd say you could do all 3 of those in a day. Start off at the dole plantation head to the north shore, have lunch at a shrimp truck then go to PCC for afternoon/evening luau.

Others may disagree though... We didn't find dole plantation or PCC to be that worthwhile though, so I wouldn't dedicate much time to them.
donkthemagicllama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #18
dizneekrazee

Another question. I like to scrapbook our trips. Does the resort store have any Aulani themed stickers or paper I can scrap with?

Ps. Think we will skip Dole Plantation & PCC, and do Paradise Cove day of arrival instead.

Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
Old 02-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #19
wuzzles
Mouseketeer

We did the Fia Fia luau at the Marriott Ko Olina last month and had a great time. It's a 5 minute walk to get there. The Chief was hilarious and there was a lot of audience involvement. I think the price was $90 for the adults and $50 for the kids. They only offer the show on Tuesdays though.

I did see some stickers and scrapbooking supplies at the gift shop. I think they even had a little kit. Not a scrapbooker myself so I didn't really pay much attention. Oh and they did have a few postcards.
wuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzles
We did the Fia Fia luau at the Marriott Ko Olina last month and had a great time. It's a 5 minute walk to get there. The Chief was hilarious and there was a lot of audience involvement. I think the price was $90 for the adults and $50 for the kids. They only offer the show on Tuesdays though.

I did see some stickers and scrapbooking supplies at the gift shop. I think they even had a little kit. Not a scrapbooker myself so I didn't really pay much attention. Oh and they did have a few postcards.
Perfect!!

Old 02-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #21
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkthemagicllama View Post
The onsite rental agency for aulani is Alamo. Goto Alamo.com and use HNLR72 as your pickup and drop off location to price it out.

I'd say you could do all 3 of those in a day. Start off at the dole plantation head to the north shore, have lunch at a shrimp truck then go to PCC for afternoon/evening luau.

Others may disagree though... We didn't find dole plantation or PCC to be that worthwhile though, so I wouldn't dedicate much time to them.
I put in that location number and was given a quote of $144 for 1 day (plus taxes). That is absurd.

Now, any good prices on shuttles from HNL to Aulani? I saw one that was for $50 each way for up to 4 people. Any better rates?

Last edited by dizneekrazee; 02-11-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #22
donkthemagicllama

Ya, that's similar to what we saw (insane prices from rental cars at aulani). Did you book a standard room or are you staying dvc? You should check out the rates from the airport to rent a car, it's much more reasonable. If you're planning to go anywhere else (and I would, there's a lot to see on oahu), it's almost necessary. If you're staying dvc I think parking is free. We weren't, and the parking cost almost as much as renting the vehicle (35$/day). Still... It was worth it.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #23
erikawolf2004
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

This is who we are renting our minivan through while at Aulani:
www.DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com
Total being around $450 for 8 days with Budget. They were going to give us a better deal with Thrifty, but have heard bad things about them.

Erika

erikawolf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #24
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkthemagicllama
Ya, that's similar to what we saw (insane prices from rental cars at aulani). Did you book a standard room or are you staying dvc? You should check out the rates from the airport to rent a car, it's much more reasonable. If you're planning to go anywhere else (and I would, there's a lot to see on oahu), it's almost necessary. If you're staying dvc I think parking is free. We weren't, and the parking cost almost as much as renting the vehicle (35$/day). Still... It was worth it.
I checked renting a vehicle from the airport yesterday. Got a good rate, booked it just in case. No, not staying DVC.

As of now, however, not planning on going anywhere on Oahu. I've been there, done that, and we are primarily going for relaxation. Aulani is our destination.

We can walk to our luau, from my understanding, at Paradise Cove.

I understand there is snorkeling available at the resort. Any idea on the fees? I want to be as prepared as possible.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
donkthemagicllama

Rainbow reef is at the resort. If you're familiar with typhoon lagoon, it's similar to the snorkeling there. I'm pretty sure the cost was 20$ adult 15$ child for a day or 39$ adult and 29$ child for length of stay. Someone correct me of I'm wrong... Going by memory here. Includes rental gear if you don't have your own.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #26
Cruise04
Oh that is so incredibly cool!
Grape jelly and chili sauce YUM

There are only cooking utensils in the DVC rooms if you are in a 1 bedroom and up. The studios have a toaster, microwave and coffeemaker and small fridge.
Cruise04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #27
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkthemagicllama View Post
Rainbow reef is at the resort. If you're familiar with typhoon lagoon, it's similar to the snorkeling there. I'm pretty sure the cost was 20$ adult 15$ child for a day or 39$ adult and 29$ child for length of stay. Someone correct me of I'm wrong... Going by memory here. Includes rental gear if you don't have your own.
I called, those prices are correct. But no, I am not familiar with Typhoon Lagoon, never been to WDW. It is in the plan for next year if we don't do the cruise next year.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #28
donkthemagicllama

Ok... It's a pretty large pool. Salt water and rock/sand bottom so it looks pretty natural. Water is quite cool compared to the other pools and ocean. The first few feet are about 3ft deep so you can get setup and comfortable, then it drops to 8 or so feet deep for the rest of the area. It's crystal clear and filled with tropical fish. There's a cave with a viewing window outside so people outside can see the fish and snorkelers (and vice versa). You're not allowed to dive below the surface, and not supposed to kick (although that wasn't so well enforced... Although it was also nearly empty, so it wasn't much of an issue). Lifeguards watch everything pretty closely. They insist you wear an inflatable floaty thing, but you can leave it more or less deflated if you're comfortable snorkeling. If you've done lots of snorkeling, you probably won't be blown away, but if you haven't, it's a great way to learn and get comfortable. Also great for kids, my 4 year old looooooved it.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #29
HarperAnnesNana
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikawolf2004 View Post
This is who we are renting our minivan through while at Aulani:
www.DiscountHawaiiCarRental.com
Total being around $450 for 8 days with Budget. They were going to give us a better deal with Thrifty, but have heard bad things about them.

Erika
Trying to book a mini van for Dec 2013. What are issues with Thrifty? Should I not book with them?
HarperAnnesNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #30
eastatlantaguys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperAnnesNana

Trying to book a mini van for Dec 2013. What are issues with Thrifty? Should I not book with them?
We just used Thrifty in Orlando for a trip to WDW. When we landed at MCO and went to the Thrifty location they did not have a standard vehicle available like we had booked online and said it would just be a few minutes for them to bring one over. After 10mins the attendant came over and told us to go pick out a very nice SUV and on our way we went with no additional charge.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: