Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #121
olikyu
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone! I'm Olivia, I'm currently a freshman at Fairleigh Dickinson University, I'm majoring in English Language/Literature and I'll soon be declaring my minor in Theatre.

I have my phone interview on the 20th and I'm super excited! I cannot stop thinking about it, everything went so fast, the decision to apply and then the process and everything. My first choice is to be a character performer but I pretty much have an interest in doing everything!

Good luck to all of us :3
olikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #122
pipermae
Mouseketeer

I set up my Phone Interview for the CP last night. It's on the 20th. I'm really excited!
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #123
CMHopeful!
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.-- Walt Disney

Talking

It all happened so quickly after the WBI...I was worried about a few of my questions, but when I pressed submit- it instantly told me "Congratulations, you're a strong candidate..."

PHONE INTERVIEW
SCHEDULED FOR
FEB 21ST!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!
Dec./ Jan. 1995/'96- My 1st visit to Disney World! ; off grounds- condo Aug. 2006- 7 Day trip to WDW; Disney's Pop-Century Resort Feb. 2008- 11 DAY 16TH BIRTHDAY TRIP TO WDW ; 1st night at the Animal Kingdom, remaining at Pop Century! May. 2010- Senior class trip!!! All-Star Movies Aug. 2010- 9 day trip to WDW; 1st 2 nights Pop- Century Resort, remaining at All-Star Sports...Nana's 1st trip to Disney World

Fall '13 CP Hopeful!:

<-----I wish...I wish to be Wendy Darling in Disney one day!
CMHopeful! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #124
littlelionsam
Earning My Ears

whew! had my phone interview at 8:30 (it was scheduled for 8:15 but she was 15 minutes late) and i think it went well! or at least i hope it did! the only thing im sad about is that she didnt ask me why i wanted to do my top 3 or any role specific questions geared toward my top 3, and i almost wish i could've answered so that i could convince her that i was a good fit for them. but oh well! at this point just getting in would make me the happiest person in the world
littlelionsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #125
mpetras1
Earning My Ears

Applied for my second CP and have my Phone Interview on Valentine's Day! Anxious, nervous, excited!!!

Old 02-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #126
KWollen
Earning My Ears

WBI went great, strong candidate phone interview is February 22 :D so excited and nervous! Can't wait!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #127
SierraRose
Earning My Ears

I have a question for all you that may be familiar with the procedure.

I live in southern California(actually an hour away from Disneyland) in my application I put down that I would do WDW and DLR just in case to up my chances, but I ultimately decided I would rather go to WDW because it looks like a much grander experience than DLR and I want to be in this program to help me grow as a person too and I feel I would get that better if I was across the country as opposed to right in the next town. Plus my top choice roles are only in WDW.

Should I say in my phone interview that while I did apply for both I would prefer to go to WDW? Or should I just not worry about it?

Thanks
SierraRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #128
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Definitely mention it to them. I believe if you want you can have them completely remove DLR from consideration. But if not they know your preference. As a matter of fact, mentioning how choosing WDW over DLR would help you grow as a person probably makes you look/sound better in the interviewer's eyes.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #129
ruckelc
Earning My Ears

I had my phone interview yesterday morning and I've already checked my dashboard about 10 times. I'm so anxious to get the update that says whether I have been accepted or not and I really hope that it's under the two week mark because I'm not sure if I will survive that!
ruckelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #130
Emeralda
Earning My Ears

Question on the application. I applied for a couple of PIs and was going to apply for the college program as a back up. But on the application it asked for the last time you applied to the Walt Disney Company. I am confused since I thought you could apply to both. Or does it not count since you do not take the WBI for the PIs?

I have email the college program about this, but they have not gotten back to me.

Hopefully my wording makes sense.

Oncε upon a timε....
a bεautiful princεაა drεamεd of a familყ υacation
Emeralda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #131
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

I just did my Phone interview for the CP. My interviewer was Jenny. She was very nice but also very professional. She did not offer me a lot of feedback on each question other than simple comments like 'Thank you" or "Okay" so that made me feel really nervous. I feel confident in my answers so hopefully me feeling uneasy is just because she didn't offer as much feedback as I hoped!

Again I posted the questions I was asked on my blog, if you wanna follow the link in my signature!

Good luck to everyone!!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #132
AliSW
\

yeah when I did my first program interview I thought I did absolutely terrible and was put off because all they said was ok and nothing else. but I got in :D
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #133
Hollsey
Finding my laughing place!

Ah! Sorry that I'm so full of questions!

I finally got my email about my WBI interview today! But I was unable to get to it until now (It was sent around 11, I checked my email around 3:15). It says that the WBI is in my Invitations on my dashboard, right? But there's nothing there. And I only have 24 hours to respond and now is the only time I have available to complete it.

Should I call them or should I wait a little bit more time? Has this ever happened to anyone before? I tried logging in on both IE and Firefox.

I'm probably being the biggest pain in the rear but all of this has me so anxious!
Summer, 1996 ~ All Star Music Resort // Summer 1999 ~ All Star Sports Resort // June 2003 ~ All Star Movies Resort // July 2007 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // June 2010 - January 2011 ~ CP at All Star Music Resort's Intermission Food Court // August 2011 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // December 2011 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge

What happens when a Creative Writing nerd starts a Disney College Program Blog
Hollsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #134
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollsey View Post
Ah! Sorry that I'm so full of questions!

I finally got my email about my WBI interview today! But I was unable to get to it until now (It was sent around 11, I checked my email around 3:15). It says that the WBI is in my Invitations on my dashboard, right? But there's nothing there. And I only have 24 hours to respond and now is the only time I have available to complete it.

Should I call them or should I wait a little bit more time? Has this ever happened to anyone before? I tried logging in on both IE and Firefox.

I'm probably being the biggest pain in the rear but all of this has me so anxious!
Scroll to the bottom of the email and there is a link to the WBI from there

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #135
Hollsey
Finding my laughing place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagirl4life

Scroll to the bottom of the email and there is a link to the WBI from there
I bet I've read my email 15 times and the only links go to my dash. I tried calling, but they aren't available until 8:30 am and I have a quiz at 9:30. Did the WBI take up the entire 40 minutes? I won't get a break long enough to take it until 12:30, and if they sent the email originally at 11, I'm worried!

I appreciate everybody's help! This is way more stressful than it was 3 years ago!
Summer, 1996 ~ All Star Music Resort // Summer 1999 ~ All Star Sports Resort // June 2003 ~ All Star Movies Resort // July 2007 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // June 2010 - January 2011 ~ CP at All Star Music Resort's Intermission Food Court // August 2011 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // December 2011 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge

What happens when a Creative Writing nerd starts a Disney College Program Blog
Hollsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: