Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #31
3 MEN AND A BOAT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznygirl

Not to excuse the cops - but to explain a little more, these women were delivering newspapers in the early morning hours while it was still dark and driving without their lights on while near a house that was under police protection from a man with a shotgun driving the same type vehicle.

I can see where they would be concerned about the vehicle. And I know that the fugitive fired on two officers without any warning, so these cops were worried about that as well.

BUT I've seen photos of the amount of bullet holes in that truck - holy over-reaction!! That was soooo unnecessary. I can see an immediate law suit being won by those women.
If the average/everyday citizen had done this it would amount to more than a law suit.
3 MEN AND A BOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #32
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

This is the first I heard of it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #33
diznygirl
I have a symmetry thing
It is always important to know what team the whackjobs are playing for!
It was the wedding with a two-meatball limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 MEN AND A BOAT View Post
If the average/everyday citizen had done this it would amount to more than a law suit.
True. I wonder if those officers will lose their jobs.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #34
Bonnie151
DIS Veteran

This has actually been one of the headline news stories all day on Radio Forth in Edinburgh! I'm a bit confused as to why, 6000 odd miles away it's considered such a big story here (no offense!) - hope he's caught soon!

Yes I can spell, but my iPad quite often thinks I'd rather type gibberish.
Bonnie151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #35
MolonLabe
DTOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 MEN AND A BOAT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by diznygirl View Post
True. I wonder if those officers will lose their jobs.
At a minimum they should be fired. You just can't go shooting at random people.

I'd like to see some dash cam footage and find out if these madmen should be facing attempted murder charges.

May 2011 POP for 6 days
Nov 2012 Contemporary for 7 days and MVMCP
Sept 2013 Contemporary for 8 days and MNSSHP
May 2014 cancelled due to FP+ debacle
and dozens of off site trip stays.
MolonLabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #36
MolonLabe
DTOM

The interesting thing about the police response is, it completely validates the claims the rouge cop made about excessive force, brutality and complete lack of regard for the safety or lives of the citizens his former department was sworn to protect.

It makes you wonder if the reason they are after this guy so hard is to silence a whistle blower, not just stop a cop who killed a coworker.

May 2011 POP for 6 days
Old 02-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #37
bananasplitkids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolonLabe View Post
The interesting thing about the police response is, it completely validates the claims the rouge cop made about excessive force, brutality and complete lack of regard for the safety or lives of the citizens his former department was sworn to protect.

It makes you wonder if the reason they are after this guy so hard is to silence a whistle blower, not just stop a cop who killed a coworker.
I was thinking the same thing.
bananasplitkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:05 AM   #38
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

The news today on this story is that they are re-opening his dismissal case.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is crazy for killing the people he killed, but there has GOT to be a reason behind his madness. It is a shame that he had to go to extremes to get the attention, however.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #39
kaligal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolonLabe View Post

They want to stop him before he kills them. That's their big motivation.

He may have been fired for bad reasons. He may have been completely right and they may have been jerks, crooks or both.

But he is obviously nuts.

Plus, you don't get to go around killing women because you're mad at your old co-workers. Write a book, file a lawsuit, whatever. No killing women.

The guy isn't going to be taken alive, I don't think. I think more people will die before it is over.

The cops don't get to fire at paper delivery people, either. They should face the same charges I would if I got scared and shot at their car as they drove past my house. I don't think they WILL, but they absolutely should.

If they continue to allow cops to shoot at unarmed citizens in this country, they're going to fine a whole lot more people shooting at cops...and none of that is any good for anyone.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #40
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post
I expected to see a thread here already about this. There are more things going on that are not in this article, mainly, anyone with his type of vehicle are being treated unusually by police. I'm trying to find a print story for those as well.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/christopher...ry?id=18427632

The fired ex-California cop who set off a region-wide manhunt after allegedly shooting three police officers this morning -- one fatally -- had initially gone to a yacht club near San Diego where police say he attempted to steal a boat and flee to Mexico.

Police say that former police officer Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, who officials believe posted an online manifesto outlining his plan to "terminate" his former colleagues and their families, is armed with a long gun and might have several other guns and high-capacity magazines. He is also believed to have access to military uniforms because he has served in the Navy.

"We are considering him armed and dangerous," Lt. Julia Engen of the Irvine Police Department said.

Police allege that he went to the yacht club Wednesday night at Point Loma, Calif., near San Diego to steal the boat. He aborted the attempted theft when the boat's propeller became entangled in robe, law enforcement officials said. It was at that point he is believed to have headed to Riverside, where he allegedly shot two police officers.

"He pointed a handgun at the victim [at the yacht club] and demanded the boat," Lt. David Rohowits of the San Diego Police Department said.

Police say the expert marksman shot at four officers in two incidents overnight, hitting three of them: one in Corona, Calif., and the two in Riverside, Calif
Well they have the world's attention now they shot a van up with two women in it

http://******************/article/la...dorner-manhunt
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2KTsBEQVy
The two women were distributing copies of the Los Angeles Times before the terrifying incident. They were driving an aqua blue Toyota Tacoma unlike the description of the Dorner's vehicle, a gray Nissan Titan.
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:01 AM   #41
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

I live in the OC so needless to say it is huge here.

Everyone is scared of this jerk.

The manifesto lists something like 40 people he wants dead. Even personnel from his elementary school because he stated he was bullied and no one did anything about it.

He sent Anderson Cooper a special police coin he received when he joined the LAPD but he shot it all up with his gun. It had 3 bullet holes in it.

And the latest today that came out was that four days after he shot Monica Quan he called her father Randy Quan (who was on the LAPD with him and had something to do with Dorner being fired from the LAPD) and told him that he did not do a good enough job watching over his daughter. He also proceeded to say something along the lines that he (Dorner) never had a family so he is taking his.
Awful.

The update on the two ladies mistakenly shot; they have been given a brand new truck. But like the commentator on the News said it is doubtful these ladies will ever have to work again.

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:09 AM   #42
kaligal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
I live in the OC so needless to say it is huge here.

Everyone is scared of this jerk.

The manifesto lists something like 40 people he wants dead. Even personnel from his elementary school because he stated he was bullied and no one did anything about it.

He sent Anderson Cooper a special police coin he received when he joined the LAPD but he shot it all up with his gun. It had 3 bullet holes in it.

And the latest today that came out was that four days after he shot Monica Quan he called her father Randy Quan (who was on the LAPD with him and had something to do with Dorner being fired from the LAPD) and told him that he did not do a good enough job watching over his daughter. He also proceeded to say something along the lines that he (Dorner) never had a family so he is taking his.
Awful.

The update on the two ladies mistakenly shot; they have been given a brand new truck. But like the commentator on the News said it is doubtful these ladies will ever have to work again.
I seriously hope the cops themselves paid for this new truck and not the taxpayers. We should not have to bail out cops who shoot at innocent citizens!

Those guys need to go to jail, just like anyone else would.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #43
MolonLabe
DTOM

Things just went from bad to worse.

This is America, not a war zone. Giving drones to people who mistake women for large black men is a decidedly insane idea.

http://now.msn.com/christopher-dorne...s-soil#scptmfs

May 2011 POP for 6 days
Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #44
mrduck
Earning My Ears

Montreal, canada here and that story is on our news.
mrduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #45
wowsmom
DIS Veteran

Handbag Lady, are you listening to/watching the news right now?

Hooooooly cow...they are having a gun battle up in Big Bear..supposedly have Dorner cornered...

A news reporter is kind of in the middle of it...they're yelling at him to leave, but he doesn't know where to go. VERY scary!!!!

You can hear all the gunfire and yelling over the reporter's cell phone...and there are possible reports of 2 officers down, although not confirmed.

ETA: They just confirmed 2 deputies have been shot. Reporter is no longer reporting live on air - not sure if it had to do with the expletives being yelled at him or if he moved out of the area.

Last edited by wowsmom; 02-12-2013 at 04:46 PM.
wowsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: