Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #3691
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I would go to a pin trading event, but I am not a serious collector with lots of pins.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #3692
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
HAHAHA I'm so lame. I thought you meant for the WHOLE thing (cruise, airfare, transport). HAHAHAHAHAHAHASFJDOSUEIJRWLKNEFRLSJ

But the price (if you are saying from BCN to west coast) is okay. I would never pay the actual fare during the summer. Maybe in Feb. or Oct. or something....
Way to burst my bubble

Yeah, the $1174 each is just the airfare, transfers and hotel on the night before the cruise. If it included our EBTA fares as well, now THAT would be pretty damn good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Okay yeah, obviously my ADHD isn't helping me scan your post with any success haha. So yeah, I think $1174 to get all of that is worth it. Because you are actually paying for two OWs, and those are rarely a good price. I think the whole "buy a RT, don't use the second half" is the way to go, but you would still need a one way anyway.
Yeah, I was so confused with the flights and airfares. I wasn't finding anything that was better that didn't include six plane changes. But I'm not great at that stuff. This just seemed easier. I realize that Disney might give us six plane changes and not seat us together, but I just wasn't having luck piecing together flights for us. And I hated the thought of using a bunch of different airlines to get us home. Especially traveling with two young kids. I think I'm probably too timid and I'm not a world traveler.

Maybe next time I'll throw caution to the wind and do the crazy flights that are cheap
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #3693
LySand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Lol! I taught middle school, high school and junior college math and then got my principal certification when I finished grad school. Now I am a stay at home mom but tutoring via the Internet, so still getting to work with students while having little ones at home
My workshops all weekend were Math Camp. I used to be a mathaphobe but I am loving all the new ways educators are looking at delivering the math curriculum. In order to graduate from my university we have to pass a math exam (up to grade 6). I think we are the only univ. so far that has that requirement. My math prof. is amazing
Old 02-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #3694
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LySand View Post
My workshops all weekend were Math Camp. I used to be a mathaphobe but I am loving all the new ways educators are looking at delivering the math curriculum. In order to graduate from my university we have to pass a math exam (up to grade 6). I think we are the only univ. so far that has that requirement. My math prof. is amazing
The nerd in me thinks that is SO COOL!! I taught all levels of math on the other end - from 6th grade through PreCalclulus with the aspirations of being a math curriculum coordinator. Then I started having children, and priorities changed. I work with children younger than 6th grade now and it is so intriguing how their minds operate as well as "new" ways math is being taught.

Okay -off my happy nerd kick now Yay for having an amazing math prof!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #3695
hmhaase
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz
I would go to a pin trading event, but I am not a serious collector with lots of pins.
My daughter and DH love trading pins! I just signed up on the website for this event!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #3696
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Heads-up

I have now put in the request to close this original thread as we are approaching 250 pages.

I believe we are now able to start posting on Part Two (a couple organizers are still doing updates and if there is a late organizer I can always link their post to page one):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054338
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: