Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #16
CindysGusGus
Secretly has the hots for the old guy in the Six Flags commericals
 
CindysGusGus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: In a support group with all the fellow RAD (Resort Anxiety Disorder)members
Posts: 1,257

I chose the 4s and am pleased with my choice...my main reasoning besides cost was the lightning adapter. We have 4 iPhones and an iPod in our family along with a dock and I was not reading good things about the adapter for the lightening pin...I would not be able to use my families chargers in a pinch or the external battery that I use for long trips. BTW...my 4s has 4G so I'm not sure if that is a server thing.
__________________
Off Site-95
Wilderness Lodge-2000, 2001, 2002
Animal Kingdom Lodge and
Wilderness Lodge-2/2003
Animal Kingdom Lodge-10/2003, 5/2004
AKL/CSR-10/2004
POFQ-2/5, POR-3/5, CSR 7/5, POFQ 2/6, POFQ 9/6, CSR 10/06, WL 01/07, WL 7/07, POFQ 5/08
CindysGusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
Shutterbug
Baba Ganoush is my hero
No parking baby, No parking on the dance floor
 
Shutterbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 5,734

I have a the 4S and I have a friend that has the 5.
I do like that the 5 has a larger screen and is lighter but that comes as a trade of in that the 5 feels more "cheaper and plastic" compared to my 4S. I'm like another poster and prefer the feel of my 4S over the 5.

Another thing to consider, is if you really want one and can hold out, the 5S or 6 will be out later this year.
__________________
Yeah I'm a dude...
Shutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #18
kwelch10377
DIS Veteran
 
kwelch10377's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
What kind of phone do you have now?
I have the LG Revolution.
kwelch10377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #19
lorimay
DIS Veteran
 
lorimay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust for Me! View Post
Inquiring minds want to know! I'm in the same boat (though I have the iPhone 4) and need to upgrade (existing phone is having problems with home button).

Thanks for any advice!

KC
I just had the exact same issue on my 4. It was so weird the button would freeze, then my music would come on automatically and then the voice recognition lady would start saying music already playing. I was creepy.

I upgraded to the 5 and I love it, the screen is bigger and clearer. Camera has this panoramic feature that is pretty cool. Its longer but skinnier.
I got the white one and I really like it.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
Domo
DIS Veteran
 
Domo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Domoland
Posts: 977

I lurve my iPhone 5

I'd definitely avoid Android devices... up to 41% of Android apps have security flaws, quite a few of them serious. If you DO have an Android device, I can only recommend upgrading the system to Ubuntu asap!
__________________


No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #21
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwelch10377 View Post
I have the LG Revolution.
Is there an overriding reason to switch from your Android to an Apple? Do you have much of an investment in apps? Here is a recent thread on cell phones...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061781

The Galaxy S III, (soon to be released S IV), is a stunning device. Give it a look.
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #22
kwelch10377
DIS Veteran
 
kwelch10377's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Is there an overriding reason to switch from your Android to an Apple? Do you have much of an investment in apps? Here is a recent thread on cell phones...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061781

The Galaxy S III, (soon to be released S IV), is a stunning device. Give it a look.
I still don't know if I am going to switch. There really isn't anything that WOWs me about Android, but there also isn't anything I totally hate about it. The same goes for the Apple products that I do have or use. I

I did narrow down my options for phones to the 4S, 5 and then the Galaxy S III.
kwelch10377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #23
Albort
ODV Crew
The challenge is - who can find me?
 
Albort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fullerton
Posts: 7,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwelch10377 View Post
I still don't know if I am going to switch. There really isn't anything that WOWs me about Android, but there also isn't anything I totally hate about it. The same goes for the Apple products that I do have or use. I

I did narrow down my options for phones to the 4S, 5 and then the Galaxy S III.
one thing that u may want to consider is moving ecosystems... if your LG is already an android phone(Im guessing) ur apps should all be transferable...

so if you switch over to an iPhone, u have to repurchase all your apps all over again...

this was a huge factor for me as i have around $500 worth of apps in the iPhone app store... moving over to an S3 would have been a bigger cost for me.
__________________
"Me failed inglish? thats unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggums
Albort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #24
kwelch10377
DIS Veteran
 
kwelch10377's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albort View Post
one thing that u may want to consider is moving ecosystems... if your LG is already an android phone(Im guessing) ur apps should all be transferable...

so if you switch over to an iPhone, u have to repurchase all your apps all over again...

this was a huge factor for me as i have around $500 worth of apps in the iPhone app store... moving over to an S3 would have been a bigger cost for me.
While I do have a good amount of apps on my LG, I am pretty sure 99% of them were free ones.
kwelch10377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #25
Albort
ODV Crew
The challenge is - who can find me?
 
Albort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fullerton
Posts: 7,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwelch10377 View Post
While I do have a good amount of apps on my LG, I am pretty sure 99% of them were free ones.
i guess it come down to what you plan to do with your phone... if ur really into customization and what not...
__________________
"Me failed inglish? thats unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggums
Albort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #26
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
....up to 41% of Android apps have security flaws, quite a few of them serious. If you DO have an Android device, I can only recommend upgrading the system to Ubuntu asap!
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.