Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #2941
333disneymom
DIS Veteran
 
333disneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe



I've always want to try Garden Grille & noe BOG. Have you been to either, what do you think of them if you have?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe

I love reading about the disney traditions! How long does the meal actually last?
Garden Grill is a meal we book every trip. Of the character meals, and we have been to most, it seems to have the best interaction with characters. I like that you can get pictures of your children and characters without other guests in the background. The food is pretty good. I could probably make a meal of just the salad. It's always fresh and tasty. It depends on your own family's habits how long it takes, but the food comes out rather quick. I'd say we average a little over an hour.
__________________
333disneymom is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #2942
DannysMom
DIS Veteran
 
DannysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59
Can anyone tell me if it's easy to get from the Contemporary to the Yacht Club. After a day in MK we would like to go to the Wave restaurant in the Contemporary. Does anyone know what type of transportation we'll have to take to get back to the Yacht Club?
If MK is still open when you are ready to return, your best bet is to walk back to MK & get the Yacht Club bus from there. Otherwise a cab is very easy,just ask bell services at CR to call one for you.

ETA: you could also use DTD as a transfer spot, but that tends to be pretty slow.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
__________________
--Me! & DH ,- 10 YEARS OLD, mild CP, & a Disney fan & twins, & --4!
DVC BCV owners!
DannysMom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #2943
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!
 
disneymagicgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 3,928

This thread moves so fast I can't keep up! Great info though!

How long should I plan for it to take to get to YC once we land at MCO? We are taking DME and landing around 4:45. Was just planning to get counter service and wander the resort/pool that evening. Is that my best plan? Then I was considering going over to Epcot for a bit, but was thinking it might be a waste of a days' tickets.

One more question-
I can't get BC GV or LV for all our stay so I booked 3 nights GV YC then 6 nights BC GV. Now there is availability to do YC GV on arrival night only and switch to BC LV the remainder of the stay (8 nights) for about $500 than my current package. I really don't care about the view so much but I do care about ease of changing rooms. Would there be a benefit to changing resorts/rooms the morning after our arrival night vs on the 4th night? I will spend the extra money if it will save me some hassle.
__________________
MeDH,DD15,DS6 DS4
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #2944
rea59
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
If MK is still open when you are ready to return, your best bet is to walk back to MK & get the Yacht Club bus from there. Otherwise a cab is very easy,just ask bell services at CR to call one for you.

ETA: you could also use DTD as a transfer spot, but that tends to be pretty slow.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Thanks DannysMom! I didn't realize I could walk from Contemporary to MK.
rea59 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #2945
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 994

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
This thread moves so fast I can't keep up! Great info though!

How long should I plan for it to take to get to YC once we land at MCO? We are taking DME and landing around 4:45. Was just planning to get counter service and wander the resort/pool that evening. Is that my best plan? Then I was considering going over to Epcot for a bit, but was thinking it might be a waste of a days' tickets.

One more question-
I can't get BC GV or LV for all our stay so I booked 3 nights GV YC then 6 nights BC GV. Now there is availability to do YC GV on arrival night only and switch to BC LV the remainder of the stay (8 nights) for about $500 than my current package. I really don't care about the view so much but I do care about ease of changing rooms. Would there be a benefit to changing resorts/rooms the morning after our arrival night vs on the 4th night? I will spend the extra money if it will save me some hassle.
I'd say the only benefit of transferring on 2nd day is that you probably haven't unpacked everything so it would be quicker & faster to move rooms. On our 2011 BC trip we drove & arrived a day sooner & at almost midnight, front desk gave us a great rate so we stayed there in a great room, but did not have full balcony. So in am front desk gave us option of keeping room or going with our original reserved room with full balcony, so we switched. The other room was ready so bell services just moved us. In 2012 YC trip we planned ahead & i booked 1 st night at POP since we never know when we will arrive when driving & I hate to pay deluxe rate if arriving at midnight, and then got up early in am & took our own bags to YC. For the POP night I made us just an overnight bag & left the YC luggage in our car.
__________________

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #2946
JanetMom
DIS Veteran
 
JanetMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,560

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Thanks DannysMom! I didn't realize I could walk from Contemporary to MK.
It is an easy, 5 minute walk from the Contemporary to the MK. Very simple to head over to the MK buses.
__________________
Janet



Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
JanetMom is online now  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #2947
JanetMom
DIS Veteran
 
JanetMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,560

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
This thread moves so fast I can't keep up! Great info though!

How long should I plan for it to take to get to YC once we land at MCO? We are taking DME and landing around 4:45. Was just planning to get counter service and wander the resort/pool that evening. Is that my best plan? Then I was considering going over to Epcot for a bit, but was thinking it might be a waste of a days' tickets.

One more question-
I can't get BC GV or LV for all our stay so I booked 3 nights GV YC then 6 nights BC GV. Now there is availability to do YC GV on arrival night only and switch to BC LV the remainder of the stay (8 nights) for about $500 than my current package. I really don't care about the view so much but I do care about ease of changing rooms. Would there be a benefit to changing resorts/rooms the morning after our arrival night vs on the 4th night? I will spend the extra money if it will save me some hassle.
We tend to take our time once we land at MCO, so on our last trip it took us 2 hours from plane landing, until we were in our room. That two hours included getting off the plane, waiting for ME, and getting checked into our room.

I like the idea of counter service and wandering the first night, because it takes the pressure off, since you don't have to get there in time for a dinner reservation. There is so much to see at the resort that wandering is very satisfying.

I'd also recommend checking out Epcot on the first night. Your trip is long enough that the extra day's ticket will only cost a few dollars, and when you are super excited to be at WDW, it is fun to pop into Epcot. It is such a close walk from the YC that it would be hard to resist running over for just a bit on the first day.
__________________
Janet



Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
JanetMom is online now  
Old 02-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #2948
wifey
DIS Veteran
 
wifey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: U.K. (North East)
Posts: 2,036

I am back and wanted to say thank you for all the updates and excellent advice you have shared here. You girls and guys are the best!!
I rang the IPO recently to ask them to organise our ADRS for our trip and to book the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise one night during our stay. The CM was working from the Grand Floridian but he took our requests (no problems)and told me to expect an email after our 180 day mark. Now that is fantastic and very helpful I'm a very happy woman (despite being full of cold) .
We are really looking forward to our stay and I sincerely hope that the wasps issue at HH is sorted out soon!! DH has had really bad reactions to wasp stings in the past ( needed lots of antihistamines and meds to reduce the swelling) and it would be a shame to let wasps ruin HH and that area of SAB.
__________________


Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]


June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
wifey is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #2949
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Can anyone tell me if it's easy to get from the Contemporary to the Yacht Club. After a day in MK we would like to go to the Wave restaurant in the Contemporary. Does anyone know what type of transportation we'll have to take to get back to the Yacht Club?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
If MK is still open when you are ready to return, your best bet is to walk back to MK & get the Yacht Club bus from there. Otherwise a cab is very easy,just ask bell services at CR to call one for you.

ETA: you could also use DTD as a transfer spot, but that tends to be pretty slow.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Great suggestion about the MK to CR walkway. Here is some info from the Contemporary Resort FAQ (2011-2013 version):

There is also a walkway to the Magic Kingdom which is faster then taking the Monorail and to find it just outside and by the bus stop there will be a sign that says walkway to the Magic Kingdom, so you can't miss it. Here are links to some pictures of the walkway from Allearsnet.

http://allears.net/acc/cont50.jpg
http://allears.net/acc/cont51.jpg
http://allears.net/acc/cont52.jpg
http://allears.net/acc/cont53.jpg

Also courtesy of Robo here is an overhead map of the walkway to and from the Magic Kingdom.

natebenma is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #2950
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post
Does very YC CL room have a full balcony?
I am trying to figure out what I want my room requests to be, wondering if that one is even an issue.
I was just recently informed by some posters to this thread that room 5163, YC CL GV does NOT have a full balcony. That is the only one I know about.

Almost all of the other rooms at YC, CL and not, have full balconies.

If any of you know of other rooms at YC that do not, please let me know.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
We have a water view at the BC club level booked in May. Are there full balconies at that level? It is our first time at the BC, have stayed YC before and BWI. My husband enjoys the balcony. Really looking forward to trying this resort.
Most, but not all, BC CL WV rooms have full balconies. Just a few do not, however I think it is is a good idea to add this request to your reservation.
natebenma is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #2951
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamom View Post
Hi, Dee. I used Online Check-In for our upcoming BC Stay from 3/24 to 3/28, because I was concerned that we might get thrown into one of the Magic Band/Fast Pass + tests unexpectedly.

Some info on how it worked:

- The advanced online check-in is now available 60 days before your check-in date (though for me, the option wasn't available until the 59th day before.)

- You complete online check-in via the new My Disney Experience section of the Disney World web site. You also may be able to do this via the new My Disney Experience mobile app, but the app still has a lot of bugs/kinks, so we didn't want to risk it. (The web site also has bugs/kinks, but the check-in functionality worked relatively smoothly.)

- There isn't an open field for typing room requests. The only options are 3 pre-defined "check mark" boxes, and you can select 2 of three choices:

- Large balcony
- Lower floor
- Near transportation

Based on the smart thinking of everyone on this thread, we followed up with a call to WDW to add more specificity to make sure our request (close to lobby, 2nd floor) was clear.

- The system also asks for a credit card for purchases you may make while at WDW as well as a PIN number that you set and will need to enter when makin g purchases using your KTTW card or Magic Band (depending on the timing of the rollout of Magic Bands, which, regrettably, no one knows at this point.) I don't recall whether adding a credit card was optional or not -- I did this too many weeks ago to remember.

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks for the helpful, detailed info. Would you mind if I added this to part of the FAQ about online checkin.

I still don't know enough about MDE to know whether to recommend the online checkin or not, but it certainly seems more attractive.

Doesn't have daybed as a request, though.
natebenma is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #2952
TeenaS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 5,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Your Favorite Things to Do While at BC/YC?

I love sitting on the balcony reading, people watching & looking out on Crescent Lake. I also really love swimming in SAB, especially the lazy river! We love dinners at Yachtmans & Cape May, & ice cream at Beaches & Cream. Epcots out favorite park & we love how close it is. I'm really missing the BC/YC, the last 2 years we went feb/march, & I'm "home sick!".
I love walking around the resort outside when its dark. It's so magical. And sitting in the rocking chairs on the back porch at night. Wonderful!
TeenaS is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #2953
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

Does anyone have recent reports on wifi at bc? Rooms and common areas? I assume if nothing else, the conference area near yc is strong (but could be mistaken). Hopefully also lobby and gym - ideally also rooms too with good service.
EagleScout is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #2954
MickeyT
DIS Veteran
 
MickeyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Flopeye, SC
Posts: 1,688

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Does anyone have recent reports on wifi at bc? Rooms and common areas? I assume if nothing else, the conference area near yc is strong (but could be mistaken). Hopefully also lobby and gym - ideally also rooms too with good service.
We were there in January at BCV's. Mine worked great all over. I have an Ipod touch so I used it in the rooms, lobbies, parks and never had a problem. Now I have heard on here that some rooms do have problems but I didn't experience it.
__________________
Over at our place, we're sure of just one thing: everybody in the world was once a child.

MickeyT is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #2955
rea59
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great suggestion about the MK to CR walkway. Here is some info from the Contemporary Resort FAQ (2011-2013 version):

There is also a walkway to the Magic Kingdom which is faster then taking the Monorail and to find it just outside and by the bus stop there will be a sign that says walkway to the Magic Kingdom, so you can't miss it. Here are links to some pictures of the walkway from Allearsnet.

http://allears.net/acc/cont50.jpg
http://allears.net/acc/cont51.jpg
http://allears.net/acc/cont52.jpg
http://allears.net/acc/cont53.jpg

Also courtesy of Robo here is an overhead map of the walkway to and from the Magic Kingdom.

Thanks natebenma!
rea59 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: