Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #16
jenpink
Mouseketeer

I enjoy cruising, but I would burn out if I went too frequently. I enjoy other types of vacations as well and try to mix them up
jenpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #17
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacruiser View Post
Burn Out, not hardly

My DW and I took 4 cruises in 2011, 4 in 2012, and have our first of 3 for 2013 in 5 days. However, we have not really set anything in stone for me or my DW's 50th birthdays this year. Love the new itineraries and the Galveston port gives us more opportunity to cruise from closer to home and cheaper! Ready for the new Diamond Level to come out!
When is this happening?

We get burned out from the same ol Caribbean cruises, not DCL. We LOVED DCL on Alaska last summer & looking forward to the Med. I think it might be a while til my kids & dh want another Caribbean/Bahamas cruise.
I'm happy to be on the ship in the sun. I don't really care where it goes.

We love national parks too so we try to change things up a little. This is a beautiful country we live in and it's nice to see more of it than Orlando & PC.
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #18
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

The TA cruise is the way we are celebrating DH's retirement! I do not think either of us will ever burn out. We took our first cruise in '93 on American Hawaii Cruise line and have been on 30+ cruises, and we have 3 cruises booked through January of next year. Someone mentioned about money running out before the desire to cruise does, and that may be what we will experience.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #19
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I've cruised DCL twice in the last 2 years, and I'm burned out on it. It really depends on what kind of vacation you like taking.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #20
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allabouthemouse View Post
Can you burnout on cruising? We did our first DCL cruise to Alaska in 2011, a Caribbean cruise in 2012 and have plans for two more this year in May and July. I have a pseudo- dummy trip booked for Thanksgiving this year. Now with the impending release of the rest of 2014, I am waiting to see if the Baltics are part of the plan. If so, then I am all over it. However, DH says that we should take "a break" from Disney and do something else. Huh?!!!! Well, this IS from a man who took 6-9 months of convincing/cajoling before he'd agreed to a DCL cruise. Once we were on board, he was the one who wanted to wait in line to book another one. I am just hoping that the magic doesn't wear off from all these cruises!
No. I cruised for the first time in summer 2007 and I just booked my 11th for next month. I'm happily returning to Celebrity for this next one.

As someone else pointed out, what's to burn out on? If I got treated like that at home (people cooking and cleaning for me), I'd stay here more often!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: