Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #46
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010

I just completed my Alumni Only Phone interview and I think it went very well! My interviewer was very nice and VERY thorough! The interview was 34 mins!

I posted the questions I was asked on my blog, so you can follow the link in my signature. It is really a lot and I'm too mentally exhausted to type them all again haha.

I also applied for the CP again today!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #47
sfgadv02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
I just completed my Alumni Only Phone interview and I think it went very well! My interviewer was very nice and VERY thorough! The interview was 34 mins!

I posted the questions I was asked on my blog, so you can follow the link in my signature. It is really a lot and I'm too mentally exhausted to type them all again haha.

I also applied for the CP again today!
Great blog! I heard that they have two interviews (or even three), but it seems like this is your first interview?
sfgadv02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #48
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgadv02

Great blog! I heard that they have two interviews (or even three), but it seems like this is your first interview?
MIs have 2-3 interviews. Alums only have the one. The MI ones are progressively harder and the final one is a panel interview.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #49
Cais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411

MIs have 2-3 interviews. Alums only have the one. The MI ones are progressively harder and the final one is a panel interview.
Not true. Some alumni roles have two interviews. Ours can possibly have three depending on how strong the candidates are.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 02-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #50
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cais View Post
Not true. Some alumni roles have two interviews. Ours can possibly have three depending on how strong the candidates are.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Sorry, everything I've heard is Alum just has the one. I guess those in the more competitive ones haven't posted about the extra interviews.

So I guess it's really a matter of there is at least 1 interview for everything but could be up to 3 for any of them.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 02-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #51
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Cais ~ what Alum role are you in?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #52
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Cais ~ what Alum role are you in?
Nevermind, I did some digging and found it. You're the traditions intern.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #53
AliSW
\

does it matter if you apply later? also I don't know if I should apply for pi's first or the CP. I'm having a hard time picking the pi's I want to try for but I feel like I should apply for that first for some reason haha.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #54
Wishes Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliSW View Post
does it matter if you apply later? also I don't know if I should apply for pi's first or the CP. I'm having a hard time picking the pi's I want to try for but I feel like I should apply for that first for some reason haha.
For PI's I have heard it doesn't really matter because the departments will not even look a resumes until the deadline to apply passes. Some have earlier deadlines than others so be mindful of that.

Go ahead and apply for the CP, while you are working on your applications for the PI. My interviewer said the process for CP moves a lot faster so if you get an offer don't be afraid to take it. If you accept your CP and then you are offered a PI they can transfer you over and transfer the fees you paid over too.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #55
AliSW
\

ok great! thanks! I'm so nervous I can't handle any of this hahaha.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #56
Mer
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they are more likely to take a senior over a junior?
Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #57
Disney PI Hopeful
Earning My Ears

Just applied for the PI's that I qualify for. Excited to see the next steps in this process. I have not done the CP program before. This is all new to me. Good luck to everyone!
Disney PI Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #58
Sarahbi
Earning My Ears

Hello Everyone!

I'm Sarah, I am a senior graduating this May and my major is Fashion Merchandising. I did the CP in Fall 2012 and absolutely loved it! I did costuming and I'm hoping that will help me for the PIs I want to apply for. I'm interested in a lot of the Costuming PIs (Costumer, Costuming Design, Costume Buyer, etc.). There are a couple of things I am sort of worried about:

1. In the job description for most of these PIs, it states:

- Students must receive academic credit or recognition from their respective school to be considered
- This program is a partnership between Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and the educational institution therefore students will be required to resume their studies upon completion of this program

Are these PIs only intended for juniors in college? Or sophomores I guess? Just NOT graduating seniors? Should I apply anyway?

2. These PIs also require a portfolio be submitted. Does anyone know what they are looking for in these portfolios? I know it depends on the PI, but I guess I'm trying to ask how to go about creating a portfolio. What kind of format? How long should it be?

I'm also applying for a second CP as backup. Good luck to everyone applying!! I'm very excited and hopeful for us all!
Sarahbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #59
delmar411
DIS Veteran

I just scheduled my PI phone screening for tomorrow at 1:30pm!

There were only choices for today (well 1 for tonight), all tomorrow and then weird availability for Wed (which wouldn't work for me).

I'm not sure I can figure out everything I probably need to talk about in less than 24hrs! Esp as I have class all tonight and class tomorrow morning.

I'm going to go read your blog Kate to see if I can't calm myself down so I can figure things out!

eta - read the questions...it didn't help at all! LOL
Old 02-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #60
Wishes Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
I just scheduled my PI phone screening for tomorrow at 1:30pm!

There were only choices for today (well 1 for tonight), all tomorrow and then weird availability for Wed (which wouldn't work for me).

I'm not sure I can figure out everything I probably need to talk about in less than 24hrs! Esp as I have class all tonight and class tomorrow morning.

I'm going to go read your blog Kate to see if I can't calm myself down so I can figure things out!

eta - read the questions...it didn't help at all! LOL
Sorry if I made you more nervous!! Are you interviewing for Alumni Only? I'm sure you will do great!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: