Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #1876
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayotik View Post
Not that it helps, but I know how you feel, in a way. I am in love with all things The Lion King and I reallllyyyyyy want to be friends with either Timon or Rafiki, but I'm about 2 inches too tall for Timon and 2 inches too short for Rafiki, so the chances of me getting measured up/down to either of those is slim to none. :/

I'm still auditioning anyway, though. Oct. 12 in Denver. Good luck.
Since you've got me interested I checked the Audition Calendar once again and they are in Denver come October 12th. It's also at the same place as last time, and I don't know if you've been before. It's down in Littleton, and people will start showing up around 10a, possibly earlier. My recommendation is arrive a little bit earlier, dressed appropriately, and try to make some new friends. The two gentleman last time were amazing and so much fun as they had energy flowing out of them. If they do it like last time as well, it will be a giant group session, but hopefully will split everyone up. It's the basic process from there, as it applies to all the auditions.

As always, first number is chosen by who finished the paperwork the quickest!

Last but not least, make sure to get people's numbers if you go as the chances are quite slim that you'll run into them again. One mistake I made, and missed out on Miss #1 last time. (Really, she was the first one done, nicest gal too!)

Let me know if you have any specific questions, or any at all!

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #1877
HalJordan
Earning My Ears

If my audition sign in is 1 when should i get there to be one of the first in line
HalJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #1878
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordan View Post
If my audition sign in is 1 when should i get there to be one of the first in line
I would say about 1-1.5 hours
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #1879
lovelifeanddisney
Earning My Ears

QUestions

HI everyone, this is my first post, but i have been reading alot of this thread and learned alot. I really want to work as a princess/fairy character at Disney World. I have a few questions if some of you could please answer them for me. Right now I am fifteen years old and I am almost 5'3, I am very small and i shouldn't grow over 5'4-5'5. I am graduating from High School in 2 years and i wanted to know what programs to get involved after graduation, also, should i apply for seasonal characters?? And what is the scheduling like if you do get a character job???

Thank you for your time <3
lovelifeanddisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #1880
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

So I am heading to the CP audition on the 12th in Denver, and I'm wondering if I have a good chance or not. I've applied for the CP, and I have my phone interview next Thursday.

I'm 5'7, and I am a dress size 4. I've done dance all my life, and I was the varsity captain of my high school's cheerleading team. I'm very outgoing, bubbly and I get along with people really well. I also did a lot of acting in middle school, and I was cast in a movie.

You can see my picture in my profile (it's my avatar picture). I would love to be any character (face or fur), but my dream is to be Rapunzel.

"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
-Walt Disney
Aspiring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #1881
Savvy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
So I am heading to the CP audition on the 12th in Denver, and I'm wondering if I have a good chance or not. I've applied for the CP, and I have my phone interview next Thursday.

I'm 5'7, and I am a dress size 4. I've done dance all my life, and I was the varsity captain of my high school's cheerleading team. I'm very outgoing, bubbly and I get along with people really well. I also did a lot of acting in middle school, and I was cast in a movie.

You can see my picture in my profile (it's my avatar picture). I would love to be any character (face or fur), but my dream is to be Rapunzel.
I see a lot of people asking questions very similar to this one! The dance and acting experience can really help you at the audition, but in the end your chances are varied based on how well your audition goes!

I've seen where professional dancers were turned down after a character performer audition! They don't just want people with talent, they need people with a little pixie dust too

As long as you smile and have a great time at the audition, they'll see that you love what you are doing and that will give you a better chance.

With face characters, it's extremely difficult to say. Disney looks for very specific appearance qualities when pulling for face. I see a lot of girls say "All of my friends say I look JUST like Cinderella!" and after the audition she doesn't get pulled for face. It really depends on what they are looking for and how desperate (or not) they need that specific character. They may even pull someone for face and decide later that you aren't right for the role!

I'm not trying to sound negative, just realistic I'm auditioning on October 5th in Orlando and I'm so excited! We both have the same dream haha. I'd absolutely love to hang with Rapunzel at WDW! But I am just going to go to the audition and have a great time and try my hardest! I'll have my fingers crossed for both of us
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #1882
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
I see a lot of people asking questions very similar to this one! The dance and acting experience can really help you at the audition, but in the end your chances are varied based on how well your audition goes!

I've seen where professional dancers were turned down after a character performer audition! They don't just want people with talent, they need people with a little pixie dust too

As long as you smile and have a great time at the audition, they'll see that you love what you are doing and that will give you a better chance.

With face characters, it's extremely difficult to say. Disney looks for very specific appearance qualities when pulling for face. I see a lot of girls say "All of my friends say I look JUST like Cinderella!" and after the audition she doesn't get pulled for face. It really depends on what they are looking for and how desperate (or not) they need that specific character. They may even pull someone for face and decide later that you aren't right for the role!

I'm not trying to sound negative, just realistic I'm auditioning on October 5th in Orlando and I'm so excited! We both have the same dream haha. I'd absolutely love to hang with Rapunzel at WDW! But I am just going to go to the audition and have a great time and try my hardest! I'll have my fingers crossed for both of us

Thank you so much for the advice. I'm sure I'll have a great time at the audition. I hope you do well! (:
Old 10-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #1883
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordan View Post
I would recommend arriving at around 11am or around then as that's when people will probably plan to do so. For mine I arrived an hour earlier and there were already quite a few people in the lobby. There wasn't any real "Line" either.

Quote:

First off, break a leg!

Since you've already done the first step of applying, you should be good. If your audition is before your phone interview, make sure to note during your phone interview that you attended auditions. Although they have two separate application processes/methods it's nice to just let them know.

You sound like you'll be perfectly fine since you have quite the background in dance. I'm sure you've already read about the process, as they do it the same. Acting will help you with the Animation Task. I typed up an entire somewhere (or to someone) of the entire proceedings but can't seem to find it right now. The two guys last time were Kent (Entertainment Director) & Ken (Dance Coordinator).

EDIT: Found the email I sent to one of my CM friends, let me know if you want to read it.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
Old 10-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #1884
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe
I would recommend arriving at around 11am or around then as that's when people will probably plan to do so. For mine I arrived an hour earlier and there were already quite a few people in the lobby. There wasn't any real "Line" either.

First off, break a leg!

Since you've already done the first step of applying, you should be good. If your audition is before your phone interview, make sure to note during your phone interview that you attended auditions. Although they have two separate application processes/methods it's nice to just let them know.

You sound like you'll be perfectly fine since you have quite the background in dance. I'm sure you've already read about the process, as they do it the same. Acting will help you with the Animation Task. I typed up an entire somewhere (or to someone) of the entire proceedings but can't seem to find it right now. The two guys last time were Kent (Entertainment Director) & Ken (Dance Coordinator).

EDIT: Found the email I sent to one of my CM friends, let me know if you want to read it.

Have a Magical Day!
My audition is actually eight days after my phone interview. (:

I'd love to read it!

"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
-Walt Disney
Old 10-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #1885
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My audition is actually eight days after my phone interview. (:

I'd love to read it!
I would also love to as well!
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #1886
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Bumping for helpfulness on Character Auditions!

Have a Magical Day!

―Walt Disney
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #1887
NeverLandPan
Earning My Ears

x

Last edited by NeverLandPan; 01-07-2013 at 02:31 PM.
NeverLandPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #1888
simba21
Earning My Ears

Hi! I am thinking about applying for the cp in spring 2014. I know it's a little early but I was wondering which face characters you can get if you are 5'1. I was thinking tinkerbell or maybe Alice. I am 5'1, brown hair, green eyes, and very thin. Are there any other face characters I might qualify for?
simba21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #1889
olikyu
Earning My Ears

I have a quick question - I'm applying to be a character performer, and I'd love to be a princess (wouldn't we all? ), but I'm around 5'9"-5'10"... would I be considered too tall? What kind of options do I have?
olikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #1890
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by simba21 View Post
Hi! I am thinking about applying for the cp in spring 2014. I know it's a little early but I was wondering which face characters you can get if you are 5'1. I was thinking tinkerbell or maybe Alice. I am 5'1, brown hair, green eyes, and very thin. Are there any other face characters I might qualify for?
At that height, you could possibly be friends with Alice and Wendy (maybe Tink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olikyu View Post
I have a quick question - I'm applying to be a character performer, and I'd love to be a princess (wouldn't we all? ), but I'm around 5'9"-5'10"... would I be considered too tall? What kind of options do I have?
Unfortunately at that height, you are too tall for princesses
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: