Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #1756
chamonix

Are we there yet?
 
chamonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Happy Valley in the 'Dale
Posts: 2,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
This is what is posted on the Disney Travel Agent site (as of 2/4/13):
Nanea Volcano Pool
03/04/13 - 03/15/13
Oh No! Please please no!

Personally it's no big deal to me, but we are bringing friends for their first time. I want to change but it's too late now for them to get off work another week or to change resorts. Why can't Disney release information like that farther ahead of time?!
__________________
~~Aloha~~
October 26-31, 2014; June 29-July 8th 2014 Polynesian
September 2013 Beach Club March 2013 Polynesian
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Ho’omahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ March 2007 Polynesian
March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #1757
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
When are all of the renovations going to be done? We are going in May and want to stay at the Poly but don't want our first stay there marred by Reno noise.
Last month, we were in Samoa on the 3rd floor, facing the volcano pool, second room from the end near Hawaii. We didn't hear a renovation peep from Hawaii, just saw a few workers coming in and out. Not disruptive in the least, and we were around the resort, pool and our room in the afternoons. I've read several reports from guests in Tokelau who had very different experiences. I really appreciated those reports, in case our first choice (Samoa) was not available. Hopefully, guests will continue to report back closer to your visit so you can avoid the noisier locations.
__________________
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #1758
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247

November?
Dh decided we needed to postpone to save up more $$$. I think he misses F&W....
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #1759
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!
 
Tess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: A Buckeye in Wolverine Country
Posts: 3,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamonix View Post
Oh No! Please please no!

Personally it's no big deal to me, but we are bringing friends for their first time. I want to change but it's too late now for them to get off work another week or to change resorts. Why can't Disney release information like that farther ahead of time?!
Because if they told you before you arrived, you might decide to change resorts. In all seriousness, renovations and closures are fluent--sometimes they are on schedule and sometimes not--late January, February and March are slower months and hence the renovation or rehab schedules. The schedule is changed, adjusted and oftentimes skipped altogether.

The one thing you can count on is that the Polynesian is undergoing another upgrade and there will be construction, reconstruction, and rehabbing throughout the property for the late winter and spring seasons.

If you arrive and it becomes problematic, ask for a resort change and you might be accommodated depending upon availability at other resorts. We have been at the Polynesian while it was undergoing a major renovation and while inconvenient, we had a wonderful time. Hope it all works out for your stay!
__________________
Tess is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #1760
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Dh decided we needed to postpone to save up more $$$. I think he misses F&W....
What are your dates?! You know I'll be there after our cruise!
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #1761
thorphin
DIS Veteran
 
thorphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 537

Just took another look at the schedule on the tikiman pages. If they stay on schedule, it means that the only longhouse under renovation during our stay at the end of September is Rapa Nui, which is the only longhouse I was hoping to avoid. Woot.
__________________




'83, '84: Fort Wilderness...'84: Golf Resort
'88, '93: Disney Inn..........'95, '98: Off Property
'00: Dixie Landings...........'02: PO Riverside
'05: Beach Club Villas.......'09, '10 PO Riverside
09/2013: Poly!
thorphin is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #1762
chamonix

Are we there yet?
 
chamonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Happy Valley in the 'Dale
Posts: 2,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Because if they told you before you arrived, you might decide to change resorts. In all seriousness, renovations and closures are fluent--sometimes they are on schedule and sometimes not--late January, February and March are slower months and hence the renovation or rehab schedules. The schedule is changed, adjusted and oftentimes skipped altogether.

The one thing you can count on is that the Polynesian is undergoing another upgrade and there will be construction, reconstruction, and rehabbing throughout the property for the late winter and spring seasons.

If you arrive and it becomes problematic, ask for a resort change and you might be accommodated depending upon availability at other resorts. We have been at the Polynesian while it was undergoing a major renovation and while inconvenient, we had a wonderful time. Hope it all works out for your stay!
Thanks, Tess. I'm not worried at all about the longhouse rehabs, I've been there before during them and they were never a bother. Last time they did the major rehab of Hawaii we were the first guests on the day it reopened, just as we will be this time! (just a coincidence) I am just sad about the volcano pool being closed. As of right now I was still able to book a cabana during those dates though, so will keep our fingers crossed. I know they would rather close it during February, but with the GF pool being closed at the same time I assume they had to push the volcano pool rehab back. I don't think I could change resorts because we love the Poly CL too much, but would have changed our dates if we had known in time. At this point, even if I wanted them to move us to another resort for that same week there won't be availability. We will stay at the Poly pool or no pool, because we are diehard Poly-lovers.
__________________
~~Aloha~~
October 26-31, 2014; June 29-July 8th 2014 Polynesian
September 2013 Beach Club March 2013 Polynesian
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Ho’omahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ March 2007 Polynesian
March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #1763
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!
 
Tess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: A Buckeye in Wolverine Country
Posts: 3,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamonix View Post
Thanks, Tess. I'm not worried at all about the longhouse rehabs, I've been there before during them and they were never a bother. Last time they did the major rehab of Hawaii we were the first guests on the day it reopened, just as we will be this time! (just a coincidence) I am just sad about the volcano pool being closed. As of right now I was still able to book a cabana during those dates though, so will keep our fingers crossed. I know they would rather close it during February, but with the GF pool being closed at the same time I assume they had to push the volcano pool rehab back. I don't think I could change resorts because we love the Poly CL too much, but would have changed our dates if we had known in time. At this point, even if I wanted them to move us to another resort for that same week there won't be availability. We will stay at the Poly pool or no pool, because we are diehard Poly-lovers.
And that is what I meant about schedules, they change all the time. The pool may or may not be closed--strictly a matter of convenience for Disney and scheduling the crew to perform the necessary maintenance. I hope it doesn't interfere with your trip, but if it does, there will be accommodations for you, i.e., transportation to the GF themed pool for the slide.

I am with you, Polynesian CL is my hands down favorite and a bit of pool discomfort wouldn't cause me to move. Heck, when CL was moved to Tahiti, we muddled through. I'm happy the powers that be didn't make the mistake of "moving" CL this time and simply shut it down. That year was a nightmare experience.

Hoping the schedule is off by a week or so for you and your party!
__________________
Tess is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #1764
djse7en
Earning My Ears
 
djse7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 10

Well thank you to everyone for their suggestions I just changed my ressie to
The poly 05/06/13 through 5/12/13. Staying at Hawaii GV CL so I hope no issue with rehab pool etc.. My wife and stepdaughter have been to WDW before will be be the twins and my first time. Any recommendations on what room I should put a request in for, are there any GV rooms better then another i.e. noise etc...
__________________
djse7en is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #1765
Bethany6537
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamonix View Post
Thanks, Tess. I'm not worried at all about the longhouse rehabs, I've been there before during them and they were never a bother. Last time they did the major rehab of Hawaii we were the first guests on the day it reopened, just as we will be this time! (just a coincidence) I am just sad about the volcano pool being closed. As of right now I was still able to book a cabana during those dates though, so will keep our fingers crossed. I know they would rather close it during February, but with the GF pool being closed at the same time I assume they had to push the volcano pool rehab back. I don't think I could change resorts because we love the Poly CL too much, but would have changed our dates if we had known in time. At this point, even if I wanted them to move us to another resort for that same week there won't be availability. We will stay at the Poly pool or no pool, because we are diehard Poly-lovers.
What is the reopening date for Hawaii??? We are booked Feb 24-March 4 and I would gladly be willing to test out the new renovations
Bethany6537 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #1766
djse7en
Earning My Ears
 
djse7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany6537 View Post
What is the reopening date for Hawaii??? We are booked Feb 24-March 4 and I would gladly be willing to test out the new renovations
These are the tenitive start dates from tikimans site right now and the rehab takes appox (2 months) so I am figuring first week in march if it goes as planned may be sooner if no problems with rehab. I may be wrong but this is what I know.

Hawaii January 6
Samoa February 3
Niue/ Rarotonga March 3
Tokelau March 31
Aotearoa April 21
Tonga (lounge only but will be closed) May 5
Fiji May 19
Tuvalu June 16
Tahiti July 14
Rapa Nui August 11
__________________

Last edited by djse7en; 02-10-2013 at 06:58 PM.
djse7en is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #1767
chamonix

Are we there yet?
 
chamonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Happy Valley in the 'Dale
Posts: 2,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany6537 View Post
What is the reopening date for Hawaii??? We are booked Feb 24-March 4 and I would gladly be willing to test out the new renovations
They opened up reservations for CL starting on March 12. I haven't checked if they are full on that date or not, but that's what we have booked. Actually coming in on the 11th and staying one night non-CL until they open. We did the same thing years ago when they did the last major refurb (think it was October 2007 or 2008?) and it opened on time. Cross your fingers they will get it done this time too!
__________________
~~Aloha~~
October 26-31, 2014; June 29-July 8th 2014 Polynesian
September 2013 Beach Club March 2013 Polynesian
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Ho’omahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ March 2007 Polynesian
March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #1768
chamonix

Are we there yet?
 
chamonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Happy Valley in the 'Dale
Posts: 2,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by djse7en View Post
Well thank you to everyone for their suggestions I just changed my ressie to
The poly 05/06/13 through 5/12/13. Staying at Hawaii GV CL so I hope no issue with rehab pool etc.. My wife and stepdaughter have been to WDW before will be be the twins and my first time. Any recommendations on what room I should put a request in for, are there any GV rooms better then another i.e. noise etc...
If you want a patio or balcony, request 1st or 3rd floor. If it's important to you, you could request "close to the elevators/lounge" but I don't see any bad rooms on that side really. Might not want the first room closest to the elevators/lounge on the first floor though, as that's where you might hear the service carts more than further away down the hall.
__________________
~~Aloha~~
October 26-31, 2014; June 29-July 8th 2014 Polynesian
September 2013 Beach Club March 2013 Polynesian
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Ho’omahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ March 2007 Polynesian
March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #1769
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
What are your dates?! You know I'll be there after our cruise!
Dani I did not realize you we're going in Nov Too.

We are still not sure of our dates but 11/3 to 11/10 or 11/5 to 11/12. I wish JB flights were out would help in decideing.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #1770
ixmnrs
Mouseketeer
 
ixmnrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 288

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
This is what is posted on the Disney Travel Agent site (as of 2/4/13):
Nanea Volcano Pool
03/04/13 - 03/15/13
Does this closure have anything to do with any closure in late August / Sept? I thought I saw something like that browsing through the thread and on Tikiman's page.
__________________
June 2004: Beach Club Villa 2BDRM
Nov 2005: Polynesian
June 2006: Disneyland Hotel
August 2007: DCL Land (POLY)/Sea(DWonder)
August 2008: Off Site Nickelodeon Hotel
March Break 2009: Contemporary Tower
March Break 2010: YC CL
August 2013 : Polynesian CL
Aug 2014: Finally decided on CR AC TPV

ME(Still Young at Heart) DW (Likewise); DS(16); DD(13); DHavanese: (1)
ixmnrs is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: