Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #151
ro8821
Earning My Ears

Wow. I'm so glad that ya are okay and Disney is working with you. They can make magic happen. I'm guessin they are shuttling you back and forth where ever you need to go
ro8821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #152
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981

Should've referred to it as "super bug"...my mistake. I had it TWICE last month. My infant grandson was briefly admitted, due to the virus and an infection. I also had other health issues, that were aggravated by the virus. It's why, I'm sensitive to contagious folks running around. Fortunately, we get flu shots, so that has not been an issue.
No worries. I was concerned OP's daughter had both flu and stomach virus, and I thought that would be too much for a little child.

Sounds like her daughter is not in hospital, which surprises me as she is clearly still quite ill and dehydration is very serious at that point. Been there, done that...

Best of health to both OP and her child.

Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #153
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
No worries. I was concerned OP's daughter had both flu and stomach virus, and I thought that would be too much for a little child.

Sounds like her daughter is not in hospital, which surprises me as she is clearly still quite ill and dehydration is very serious at that point. Been there, done that...

Best of health to both OP and her child.

Tiger
She is taking her back. Maybe they will admit her this time, considering her circumstances.

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #154
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet

She is taking her back. Maybe they will admit her this time, considering her circumstances.
Yes, I just saw that. Based on her symptoms, it sounds like she needs to be admitted.

Not sure what hospital she is at (I know Disney has their own preferences), but our care at Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital was superb. They kept our child for 2 days and it was for the best.

Best of luck to OP, Tiger
Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #155
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop's Mom View Post
Thank you. I will order that stuff. I feel so lost. I'm used to planning, etc and just being tossed into this has been stressful. We just want to be at home but she is not strong enough to travel. I think we have to go back to hospital for more iv fluids and antibiotics. I'm in contact with doctors now. Again I am so glad we are insured.
antibiotics? So they are suspecting a bacteria and not a virus? Salmonella, E. coli? PLEASE do go back if that is the case! I have seen quite a few devastating E. coli cases, and not to scare you, but some with not good results. Please go, make sure she isn't septic!

Since you have had a little rest/nourishment, have you had any success with contacting the trip insurance/credit cards? Another thought, but you probably already know the answer, but does your insurance from CA have ANYTHING to help you out when travelling abroad so you do not have to keep paying upfront for all these costs? Just wondering, even if you can't do the calling, is someone back home able to help you out with all that?

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #156
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele

antibiotics? So they are suspecting a bacteria and not a virus? Salmonella, E. coli? PLEASE do go back if that is the case! I have seen quite a few devastating E. coli cases, and not to scare you, but some with not good results. Please go, make sure she isn't septic!

Since you have had a little rest/nourishment, have you had any success with contacting the trip insurance/credit cards? Another thought, but you probably already know the answer, but does your insurance from CA have ANYTHING to help you out when travelling abroad so you do not have to keep paying upfront for all these costs? Just wondering, even if you can't do the calling, is someone back home able to help you out with all that?
Good catch, I missed that. Neither flu nor a tummy virus would need antibiotics...maybe something else like strep, bronchitis, etc...?

Tiger
Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #157
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
?
She was also diagnosed with a UTI.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #158
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981

She was also diagnosed with a UTI.
Oh, yes. Maybe it has spread to kidneys? That happened to my grandma many times.

Tiger
Old 02-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #159
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Ugh man I hope she isn't septic! Please keep is posted. You guys have lots of people Sending you healing vibes!!!

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #160
DebbieOBX
Mouseketeer

Sending love and prayers. I'm really sorry this has happened to you and your DD.

I made a mistake by posting to take her to the ship. I'm very sorry for that.

Perhaps when you both get home, you will allow some 'gifts' sent to your little one. : )

Please keep us posted.

Debbie.
DebbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #161
DebbieOBX
Mouseketeer

To the cm who was willing to help! YOU are my hero today! Thank you.

debbie
DebbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #162
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Yes! If it is a bacteria- go back!! My friend's 5 year old daughter just had an E. Coli type bacteria. She had the pukes and poops too- that was how it started. She was in the hospital for 3.5 weeks, had daily dialysis for about a week of that and a bunch of blood transfusions. It was super scary and life threatening. She is recovered now (this was around Thanksgiving) but it was really touch and go for a bit. Before this, totally healthy 5 year old. She is in kindergarten at the school where I teach (not my class because we are good friends) but just 3 days before this hit, she was running and playing all over the playground.

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #163
anna08
DIS Veteran

Trust your instincts on returning to the hospital, and as another has advised, keep track of your daughters urine output - if she can go as long as 8 hours without needing to go then you do need to head back for more IV fluids.

Good luck and thank goodness you didn't get on the ship - can you imagine having to deal with a hospital at one of the ports by yourself?! Hoping you will both get some rest and relief very soon!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #164
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

So today she is brighter. No vomiting! Her melds stayed down so doc cleared her to stay at the resort. She managed to watch the animal feeding for about 30 mins. She is on fluids only and only wants ginger ale. Hotel sent her chicken broth as well. We got a call at noon saying they were sending us a "big surprise" but our do not disturb sign was on the door. I removed it and phoned but nothing has been sent up. I feel odd calling and saying hey where's our surprise? Lol. But of course dying to see what it is.

Sept 2015 - Disney Wonder Hawaii
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Dec 2013 - Disneyland
May 2013 -Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean
March 2013 -AKL Jambo Studio & AKL Jambo Concierge, & POR Princess Room
March 2012 -Disney Wonder Mexico
March 2012 - Disneyland
May 2011 - Disney Wonder Alaska
Apr 2010 - Disneyland
Jan 2010 -Disneyland
Jan 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean
Jan 2009 - POFQ
Jan 2008 - POP
April 2007 - Disneyland
Sept 2000 - Disneyland
Jan 2000 -BWV Studio
Sept 1994 - All Star Sports
April 1977 -Contemporary

Lollipop's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #165
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop's Mom
So today she is brighter. No vomiting! Her melds stayed down so doc cleared her to stay at the resort. She managed to watch the animal feeding for about 30 mins. She is on fluids only and only wants ginger ale. Hotel sent her chicken broth as well. We got a call at noon saying they were sending us a "big surprise" but our do not disturb sign was on the door. I removed it and phoned but nothing has been sent up. I feel odd calling and saying hey where's our surprise? Lol. But of course dying to see what it is.
Oooooh, I'd call, lol.

Glad she is better! What a horrible ordeal.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: