Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #586
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Thank you for the major update
You're welcome, now for the rest of the week I am going to work on my other TR. LOL I decided to work on each every other week. It makes it less confusing for me.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #587
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 28,071

I am with Abby there. I am still disappointed if I don't get the chance to have a photo taken with a character at the terminal. It happened twice now that I got to the terminal and they were already doing open boarding. I am glad that she got to meet Pluto very quickly though.

What is Cabanas like on embarkation day? We ended up eating at Beach Blanket Buffet once on embarkation day and it was horrible. There was nowhere to sit either inside or outside. We finally found an empty table near the family pool. Juggling a tray each and our carry ones was not my idea of fun. With this one exception we have always managed to eat at Parrot Cay for our first lunch on the ship.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #588
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbellandeeyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

You're welcome, now for the rest of the week I am going to work on my other TR. LOL I decided to work on each every other week. It makes it less confusing for me.
Do you have the link to the other one I would like to read it
__________________
tinkerbellandeeyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #589
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,824

Awe! I think my girls would be upset about missing out on Mickey MOOOWSE! too!! Well, Cortlyn would! Catie on the other handÖ
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina
Magical DIStractions

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #590
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am with Abby there. I am still disappointed if I don't get the chance to have a photo taken with a character at the terminal. It happened twice now that I got to the terminal and they were already doing open boarding. I am glad that she got to meet Pluto very quickly though.

What is Cabanas like on embarkation day? We ended up eating at Beach Blanket Buffet once on embarkation day and it was horrible. There was nowhere to sit either inside or outside. We finally found an empty table near the family pool. Juggling a tray each and our carry ones was not my idea of fun. With this one exception we have always managed to eat at Parrot Cay for our first lunch on the ship.

Corinna
I think it is fine. We haven't had issues finding a table. I would probably like to try enchanted garden some day too, but it just seems like Cabanas is the place for me to go when we board. I like seeing the surrounding area as I eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Do you have the link to the other one I would like to read it
The link is in my signature. The 2nd one written in grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Awe! I think my girls would be upset about missing out on Mickey MOOOWSE! too!! Well, Cortlyn would! Catie on the other handÖ
Abby was REALLY into characters, which was a good thing and a bad thing.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #591
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbellandeeyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

I think it is fine. We haven't had issues finding a table. I would probably like to try enchanted garden some day too, but it just seems like Cabanas is the place for me to go when we board. I like seeing the surrounding area as I eat.

The link is in my signature. The 2nd one written in grey.

Abby was REALLY into characters, which was a good thing and a bad thing.
Thank you
__________________
tinkerbellandeeyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #592
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Before I go on I want to add something that I forgot from the previous day.
While Claire was swimming I pulled out the new journal that was from Carey and Janet. I opened it to start writing and taped inside was a $25 gift card to Disney. They said thanks for all the help, but honestly there was NO need to give me such a wonderful thing. I texted them both and thanked them. I used it towards a new watch purchase later in the trip!



Oh Jen, You guys must just have wanted to pull you hair out at the suitcase debacle!

But I do admit to laughing at the whole scene in my head.

I'm glad it ended well, and that was it.

At least the us ride went well, and loading. Poor Abby, when I see Mickey Moowse I want to meet him too!

Man, I hope by the time you eat, everyone is found and good to go!

BTW- love the chandelier shot. I bet you don;t have too many of those......

__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #593
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Thank you


Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post


Oh Jen, You guys must just have wanted to pull you hair out at the suitcase debacle!

But I do admit to laughing at the whole scene in my head.

I'm glad it ended well, and that was it.

At least the us ride went well, and loading. Poor Abby, when I see Mickey Moowse I want to meet him too!

Man, I hope by the time you eat, everyone is found and good to go!

BTW- love the chandelier shot. I bet you don;t have too many of those......

It was a crazy morning!!!!!

We are so mean to poor Abby. I was happy to see her so happy to see characters though. So many are scared, and she wasn't in the least bit.

I have a few chandelier shots over the few times I have been on the ship .....just a few.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #594
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,231

Luvin the updates the girls are so cute in their matching outfits. I think I would cry if I lost my suitcase like that thank god they got it back so easily.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #595
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes
 
disneyholic family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: in my heart i'm always in WDW
Posts: 16,264

thanks for taking the time to share your cruise with us!!!!!!!
__________________
Beth
disneyholic family is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #596
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the updates the girls are so cute in their matching outfits. I think I would cry if I lost my suitcase like that thank god they got it back so easily.
I am sure my Mom was close to it. I would've cried too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
thanks for taking the time to share your cruise with us!!!!!!!
Thanks! It was such a fun trip, yes we had ups and dwons, but we still had a great time.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #597
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Goodness gracious! You were an updating woman and I fell behind.

I knew that you weren't going to be able to sleep very well the night before the cruise. You never do. I can't say that I blame you since there's excitement in the air.

Speaking of excitement, I bet you could have done without the suitcase "excitement". That was a hairy situation that ya'll had there. At least your dad did have the excuse that the suitcases looked almost identical.

Oh the girls in their matching outfits! They are so adorable! And the rest of ya'll don't look too shabby in the matching shirts. So cute!

Uh-oh, Dad's already saying the "no" word. I can only imagine what's to come!
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #598
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFreak06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Posts: 3,726

What great updates! I so want to take a Disney cruise now! It looks incredible, and you're only just getting on the ship!

Did you try to hit down for the elevator? Sometimes that helps as it will stop on the way down. My friend did that once when everyone was leaving a building. She hit the up button, then they went up to the top and started the way down. Any other time, the elevator was full on the way down.
__________________
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #599
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Goodness gracious! You were an updating woman and I fell behind.

I knew that you weren't going to be able to sleep very well the night before the cruise. You never do. I can't say that I blame you since there's excitement in the air.

Speaking of excitement, I bet you could have done without the suitcase "excitement". That was a hairy situation that ya'll had there. At least your dad did have the excuse that the suitcases looked almost identical.

Oh the girls in their matching outfits! They are so adorable! And the rest of ya'll don't look too shabby in the matching shirts. So cute!

Uh-oh, Dad's already saying the "no" word. I can only imagine what's to come!
It was a crazy morning, but we made it through, thank goodness.

I thought the girls were so cute too.

Dad was pretty good for most of the rest of the ship, but of course he has his moments and then we love to make fun of those moments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
What great updates! I so want to take a Disney cruise now! It looks incredible, and you're only just getting on the ship!

Did you try to hit down for the elevator? Sometimes that helps as it will stop on the way down. My friend did that once when everyone was leaving a building. She hit the up button, then they went up to the top and started the way down. Any other time, the elevator was full on the way down.
That is a GREAT idea. I'll have to try that in the future.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #600
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,509

OK, playing catch-up again.

So glad the surprise in the journal hit when it did, after such a long day.

You know, I could have happily lived my entire life without hearing that rat story!

OMG on the luggage story! YIKES! And yes, I'd want to beat your dad senseless too. I have 2 cell phone resistors here at our house as well. Robbie has needed his twice and been unable to use it because 1) it was in the car that had been towed and 2) it won't work on a cord if your battery is dead. Then of course there was last week when my husband's car died and his phone was at home. Are they just all alike?

But man..... on vacation? GADS what a mess that could have been!

But this more than makes up for all the headaches, right?




They are so STINKIN cute!

Of course, this one might be even cuter:



And yea for getting to meet Rinky Tinky Tinky! I'm so jealous of all nicely.

I can just feel the excitement and craziness when you guys boarded the Dream.

So glad you got to meet Pluto, and I'm loving the photo in your signature.

And LOL at you telling Gail she's a loser. I have the same problem every time I hand my camer off to someone. The whole "viewfinder" concept appears to be quite out of date!

Your excitement for sailing is so infectious, even for someone like me who is pretty sure they never will. You tell the story so well, it really makes me want to try it......
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: