Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Tara619
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 295

Update on Target Debit card limit

We went to Target last night and got $950 of Disney gift cards plus the other random stuff you're destined to buy when the Target air hits your face. The total was $1012 and the transaction went through no problem. I'm going to go back this week and buy more.
__________________
Me : DH DS8

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
mbrocker
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 109

off topic a bit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara619 View Post
We went to Target last night and got $950 of Disney gift cards plus the other random stuff you're destined to buy when the Target air hits your face. The total was $1012 and the transaction went through no problem. I'm going to go back this week and buy more.
Ain't that the truth. Oy Target, I love you and and I hate you all at the same time. It's such a complicated relationship.
mbrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
ariel fans
Mouseketeer
 
ariel fans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 97

Plan to use Disney gift cards also, what can you use them towards? Thanks Easter fantasy getting closer
ariel fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyCrazMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara619
We went to Target last night and got $950 of Disney gift cards plus the other random stuff you're destined to buy when the Target air hits your face. The total was $1012 and the transaction went through no problem. I'm going to go back this week and buy more.
Curious how long have you had your card? Just curious because I am still "frozen" from my two $475 purchases last week. I am getting more annoyed daily.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
DisneyCrazMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
jmarsh
Mouseketeer
 
jmarsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 420

What do you mean? I've had mine for less than a year and I bought $800, last weekend, and it went through just fine?
__________________
jmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
jmarsh
Mouseketeer
 
jmarsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel fans
Plan to use Disney gift cards also, what can you use them towards? Thanks Easter fantasy getting closer
You can use them towards anything Disney. I've used mine to pay off cruise, pay for WDW trip, use them towards my purchases on the ship, and will use them towards my OBN
__________________
jmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
Tara619
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom

Curious how long have you had your card? Just curious because I am still "frozen" from my two $475 purchases last week. I am getting more annoyed daily.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I think I got it in September 2012. But I use it way too much. I have a Target line item in my budget, LOL.
__________________
Me : DH DS8

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
Tara619
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarsh
What do you mean? I've had mine for less than a year and I bought $800, last weekend, and it went through just fine?
There was a post last week debating what the limit was on Target debit cards. Yes it's linked to your checking account but it seems Target has their own random limit and your bank might have a limit.
__________________
Me : DH DS8

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
rbadger
Earning My Ears
 
rbadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 47

What's the deal with the Target cards? Do you get a discount on Disney gift cards using your Target Credit card?
rbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
Tara619
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbadger
What's the deal with the Target cards? Do you get a discount on Disney gift cards using your Target Credit card?
Yes, you get a 5% discount when you use your Target Red Card.
__________________
Me : DH DS8

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
mommadeb
Mouseketeer
 
mommadeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara619 View Post
Yes, you get a 5% discount when you use your Target Red Card.
Wait...what?!!? I must have missed the boat on the original thread. That's awesome! What amounts do the GCs come in? I'd hate to have to buy 100 $20 cards (but will if that's what I have to do ) Do the cashiers think you're completely nuts?
__________________
Deb DD10 DD9

Disneyland 1985, 1991

mommadeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeb

Wait...what?!!? I must have missed the boat on the original thread. That's awesome! What amounts do the GCs come in? I'd hate to have to buy 100 $20 cards (but will if that's what I have to do ) Do the cashiers think you're completely nuts?
The largest they sell is $50. I bought 36 of them the other day and begged my TA not to kill me. You also get an additional 5% if you do the pharmacy rewards and get one of the 5% of shopping days (one for each 5 prescriptions filled).
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #13
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara619 View Post
Yes, you get a 5% discount when you use your Target Red Card.
Personally I make that 5% count.
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #14
mommadeb
Mouseketeer
 
mommadeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcg View Post
The largest they sell is $50. I bought 36 of them the other day and begged my TA not to kill me. You also get an additional 5% if you do the pharmacy rewards and get one of the 5% of shopping days (one for each 5 prescriptions filled).
Well, $50 is definitely better than $20! I've never shopped for gift cards at Target because of the fuel points I get at Dillon's (Kroger). Add this to the list of things I learned today.
WaaaHooo!

I'm guessing my TA has to enter all of them? Yikes! Guess she'll be earning every penny.
__________________
Deb DD10 DD9

Disneyland 1985, 1991

mommadeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #15
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeb

Well, $50 is definitely better than $20! I've never shopped for gift cards at Target because of the fuel points I get at Dillon's (Kroger). Add this to the list of things I learned today.
WaaaHooo!

I'm guessing my TA has to enter all of them? Yikes! Guess she'll be earning every penny.
Yes, TA has to make payment. If you have time, you can do a few at a time, but I found out 3 days before I PIF, so I didn't have that luxury. I made a spread sheet and wrote card numbers with security codes and faxed them to her. That way, at least I saved her the trouble of writing them all down while I called them out to her. I told her I was very sorry, but it saved me $175! As I am very low maintenance when it comes to the TA (I do all my own research), I figured it wasn't too bad. In the future, I'll know ahead of time and not give her so many at once. You learn great things here
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.