Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #16
JasonShannon76
Mouseketeer

I rarely do park hoppers because I am the type that likes to maximize my time at each park. It takes a full day (open to close) to ride all the rides, see all the shows, etc. park hopping (even at DL where parks are close) is just a time waster for me. I prefer devoting a full day or two to each park.
JasonShannon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
smiles33
DIS Veteran

We bought parkhoppers on our last trip in 2011 but with young kids, we didn't spend more than 4 hours at a time in the park (rope drop to lunchtime, back for nap, and then a few more hours after nap). The only time we hopped was when we went from Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to lunch at Ariel's Grotto so I don't think we'd miss the hopping. Thus, I think this trip around I may opt to save some money and just buy 1 park tickets. Now when my youngest stops napping and we can do a full day, I will upgrade to hoppers again as then there's a stronger likelihood of hopping.
smiles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
theokris
Mouseketeer

we also have never been without hopper passes, that being said we always get 4 day hoppers but usally only hop on two of the days..no real reason for that it just always seems to work out that way. The fact that it is always an option makes it totally worth the money.
theokris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #19
SweetAlex
Mouseketeer

Personally I would just like to have the option to park hop. If one park is really busy, you can pop over to the other so easily. Also, if our kids want to catch one or two of their favourites in the other park before we leave one day, it's nice to know we can. Even just for the last day. Everyone wants to do their favourites on the last day. We hopped like crazy to squeeze them all in. It was crazy but so much fun!

SweetAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #20
rramstad
Mouseketeer

Another ditto, we've always bought park hoppers, we don't always park hop on a particular day, but if you run into one of those weird days, and we all have, where everyone just seems jammed into one park, it's a huge relief to know that you can simply leave and go to the other park. I don't get to DLR often enough to be able to just walk away and say "oh, well, too crowded for me, come back next day" -- to have a plan B that involves the other park can save the day!
rramstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #21
emmybee
Earning My Ears

Since '11, my family has been lucky enough to go 4 times to DL. My kid was 2 when we first went, and we park-hopped each time. We've done at least 3 days at the parks, and we enjoyed the flexibility to do what we wanted when we wanted to. Others have mentioned both parks are like one big one, and it's true. My BF just today mentioned how he thought they should just merge the parks (but that would means less money, right?). We like to take our time and avoid lines as much a possible. We often have reservations at different spots for lunch/dinner/character events/make-overs. Park hop all the way!
emmybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #22
heymundy
Earning My Ears

Park hoppers were convenient for my party and I when we went two weekends ago for my birthday because we were able to use the early magic hours; we were at DL right at 7 during opening, rode Space Mountain (twice), Indiana Jones, Matterhorn and Haunted Mansion before the general public came in at 8, rode a couple of more rides after and by 10am we had completed everything we wanted to do. Hopped on over to DCA and still managed to grab a FP for Radiator Racers, ride Screamin', Mania, Tower of Terror, Soarin', and other stuff, leave the park for a five hour break, and then back to DCA to ride Radiator Racers and catch World of Color.

Sometimes park hoppers benefits parties like mine, but for others, if time is going to be an issue, single say entries will be better as it forces you to dedicate your stay to one park.

Paradise Palms ~ Walt Disney World Family Vacation ~ 06.01.2013
Disney Fantasy ~ 7-Night Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise ~ 10.26.2013
heymundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: