Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
BensWife
Mouseketeer

It is so hard to choose, isn't it?

There are so many different resorts, different locations, different prices that it is too many options!! We have booked SSR for 7 of us in a 2 bed villa for 5 nights, but I keep thinking about changing to a closer resort to MK and getting 2 rooms and seeing if we can afford to extend a couple days. I keep looking and looking and wondering if $400-$600 for a closer hotel is worth it, or if that is just crazy! Since we have never been as a family (and the last time we were there was 15 years ago) we really don't know if one hotel's decor is better than the others. I guess I should just keep the reservation we have and stop second guessing myself! I'm driving myself nuts!!

'77 DL - Holiday Inn
'93 DL - Disneyland Hotel
'98 WDW - Port Orleans French Q.
'10 DL - Grand Californian (June & Aug),
'12 DL - Candy Cane Inn
'13 WDW - Saratoga Springs (SWW)
July '14 DL - DLH (just DH and ME!)
Sept '14 DL - Renting Grand Californian Villas
BensWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Does SSR have a page on here? Maybe on the DVC page if not on this one since I think it's an all villa resort. Reading through that thread might help. I know nothing about SSR. It looks nice in pictures though! I do think it's farther out from MK. Do you have a map of all of Disney with the parks and resorts so you can see where it is located in comparison to where you want to go when staying there? Can you get 2 rooms closer to MK and extend your trip for $400 more total between the 7 people? That seems tempting to me!

I was driving myself crazy too trying to decide on a place to stay but ended up choosing Port Orleans Riverside. I hope we love it!
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
TheDisneyChick
Mouseketeer

It is hard to choose! The MK resorts are more expensive. If you know you are going to be spending a lot of time there it might be a nice change of scenery, but I don't think one hotel's decor is necessarily better than another. It's just a preference. Hope this helps a little! Mind you, I've never stayed at SSR, haha.
TheDisneyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensWife
There are so many different resorts, different locations, different prices that it is too many options!! We have booked SSR for 7 of us in a 2 bed villa for 5 nights, but I keep thinking about changing to a closer resort to MK and getting 2 rooms and seeing if we can afford to extend a couple days. I keep looking and looking and wondering if $400-$600 for a closer hotel is worth it, or if that is just crazy! Since we have never been as a family (and the last time we were there was 15 years ago) we really don't know if one hotel's decor is better than the others. I guess I should just keep the reservation we have and stop second guessing myself! I'm driving myself nuts!!
How old are the members of your family or party? SSR is vey nice but the only thing you can walk to is Downtown Disney. If you stayed at Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas you would be able to walk to two parks and not have to rely on buses. You can also take a boat if you prefer. If you like Magic Kingdom location the Bay Lake Towers also offer 2 bedroom villas and you would have the convenience of the monorail. Either way, no matter where you stay at Disney you will have a wonderful time! Best of luck!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: