Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #38
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis

If that is true, then I see it from a different point of view - that there must be incredible margins when Disney can offer the same vacation package to somebody else at almost 50% less; regardless of where they are traveling from to take advantage of it.
Likely no. Granted the DISBoard people are not a representative sample. However based on what I've learned from them here is what I can theorize:

1) UK people likely will not be bringing food with them. For a two week stay and luggage costs, they will buy every bit of food they consume in Florida.

2) Because they are staying 2-3 weeks the odds that they will need medication, laundry services or even socks rises.

So yes, Disney likely does decrease the cost of the vacation to offset the airfare. However it is not because their margins are so high that they can afford it but because they expect to make up those profits in another manner (food, clothing, merchandise).

It is the same reason that a two day ticket is almost $90 per day yet a 10 day ticket is only about $30 a day. It isn't that their margins are so great but that because statically speaking the longer they have you in the park, the more you will spend.

Stacy
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Srbright is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: