Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #1741
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Anne View Post
We are here right now and had to change rooms due to the construction on Hawaii. We were in Tokelu 2910 and our patio faced the Hawaii end entrance. All day long there were trucks backing up making those beeping sounds and then a lift moving things up to third floor and then hauling garbage back down. It wouldnt have been so bad if the truks werent beeping all day long. We like to spend afternoons at the resort relaxing, but this was not to be. We had split our stay and splurged for the first time at a deluxe for only 3 days. I had done my research and really wanted this location so its really unfortunate. I understand that construction has to go on, but I question them selling those rooms so obviously affected by the close noise.
Was it better after they moved your room? I know that's a big pain, though. I agree you shouldn't have to do that.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #1742
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djse7en View Post
I am thinking of moving my ressie to the poly should the Hawaii be done by my date going 05/06/13
Hawaii is supposed to be done in March, so unless they fall terribly behind schedule you should be fine!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #1743
tracyleighuva
Earning My Ears

What is the current status of the pool closure? I tried talking to the resort and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about-- said only the GF pool was scheduled to be closed.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #1744
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prune1977 View Post
We actually just request a balcony and got put in toleaku; outside on our balcony we could see quiet pool, space mountain, the lake, gf and a little bit of the castle. it was awesome location, We have 3 little ones too and we could walk to TTC pretty easy. Only location that i could think of that would be better for kids is maybe the Tahiti building but not sure what views you'd have there.
Thanks so much. sounds like a great room...hopefully we get the same view!
Were you affected by the renovations?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #1745
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyleighuva View Post
What is the current status of the pool closure? I tried talking to the resort and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about-- said only the GF pool was scheduled to be closed.
This is what is posted on the Disney Travel Agent site (as of 2/4/13):
Nanea Volcano Pool
03/04/13 - 03/15/13
Old 02-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #1746
disgram
DIS Veteran

After only making it about half way thru this thread, I couldn't stand it anymore and called for reservations for Sept 12 thru 19th!!!! My granddaughter, aged 20, is so excited she can hardly sit still! We are taking her daughter who will be a year old with us. Now we just have to decide on where we want to eat! This will be our first trip to a deluxe after 30 some trips! Cannot beleive we are really going!!!!!! I will be haunting this thread until we leave and most likely ask alot of questions. Some will most likely be foolish so I hope that you will all be patient with me!!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #1747
mklovesdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgram View Post
After only making it about half way thru this thread, I couldn't stand it anymore and called for reservations for Sept 12 thru 19th!!!! My granddaughter, aged 20, is so excited she can hardly sit still! We are taking her daughter who will be a year old with us. Now we just have to decide on where we want to eat! This will be our first trip to a deluxe after 30 some trips! Cannot beleive we are really going!!!!!! I will be haunting this thread until we leave and most likely ask alot of questions. Some will most likely be foolish so I hope that you will all be patient with me!!!!
cheer2:

Very happy for you! How exciting the coming months will be for you with planning and counting down. And the Polynesian is not one to disappoint! We just got back after spending a wonderful week there last month, and my only complaint is that I did not plan ENOUGH resort time in, so I booked a bounce back for Nov. My five year old would have been happy if we just stayed at "her beach" and played in the sand and went in the pool. And when you are going you will have more than enough pool weather (Sept). We got very lucky in January with 80+ degree weather a few days. It really takes you away being there and I hate to say it but you almost feel like the park is a plus when you are there. The movies on the beach and marshmallows on the beach, not to mention watching wishes from the beach while sipping on a drink......Prepare to enter paradise. Oh and it will be great with the ease of the monorail and a stroller..
Old 02-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #1748
Kac923
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
This is what is posted on the Disney Travel Agent site (as of 2/4/13):
Nanea Volcano Pool
03/04/13 - 03/15/13
Oh I am wishing, hoping, praying that this is correct!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #1749
princessap
DIS Veteran

Tikiman says feb 18-28, fingers crossed he is right as we arrive the 4th!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #1750
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Just Back

We had a wonderful stay 2/1-2/8. Our room was perfect, Tokelau 3943. It had a perfect center view of the pool. All the CMs and Mousekeeping were spot on. Saw the construction but it didn't affect our stay except that the quicker path to the main pool was closed. Our DD really enjoyed the kids club. Ohana still has the newer menu with one sauce. We all loved the Luau. At check in, Christine (looked like some sort of greeter) was amazing to my girls and really stared it off great.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #1751
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

When are all of the renovations going to be done? We are going in May and want to stay at the Poly but don't want our first stay there marred by Reno noise.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #1752
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklovesdisney View Post
Does anyone know when the Poly starts putting up their Christmas Decorations/Tree? We are headed there the week before Thanksgiving and hope to see some.

Thanks!
We checked in November 15th...and ALL the Poly was decked out!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
We just returned from another wonderful WDW trip last Sunday - and we think this one was the best! We spent three nights at Poly and five at BWI CL.
Welcome back my friend!! SO happy to read your review...we booked Standard view (no CL..SHOCKER) and the DH and kids are so excited for November...and begging me not to change
Old 02-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #1753
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
We had a wonderful stay 2/1-2/8. Our room was perfect, Tokelau 3943. It had a perfect center view of the pool. All the CMs and Mousekeeping were spot on. Saw the construction but it didn't affect our stay except that the quicker path to the main pool was closed. Our DD really enjoyed the kids club. Ohana still has the newer menu with one sauce. We all loved the Luau. At check in, Christine (looked like some sort of greeter) was amazing to my girls and really stared it off great.
Another great review! I am thinking of giving the kiddos a Neverland Club night out as well!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #1754
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We checked in November 15th...and ALL the Poly was decked out!!!!

Welcome back my friend!! SO happy to read your review...we booked Standard view (no CL..SHOCKER) and the DH and kids are so excited for November...and begging me not to change
November?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #1755
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
When are all of the renovations going to be done? We are going in May and want to stay at the Poly but don't want our first stay there marred by Reno noise.
They won't be done by May. They are only doing two longhouses at a time. Depending on which longhouse you're in you may not even be very aware that there is work going on (or you could be right next door). You can always request to be moved if noise is a problem.

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: